We came to Astana Kunti as a result of a Scoopon deal with another Seminyak villa which went slightly amiss, but it turned out for the best.
The one-bedroom villa with plunge pool was a wonderful revelation and more upmarket than we'd normally consider. However having experienced this, it may become a more regular event as my husband is now one of the converted. Having the privacy to collapse in the pool with your own drinks and snacks on the edge after walking around in the heat was wonderful. The villa with its high walls and quiet surroundings was magic after the hassle and noise in the main shopping areas in Seminyak or Kuta.
Free wi-fi in the villa area was good, the air-conditioning in the main bedroom was great and the afternoon and evening insect sprays were useful and as unobtrusive as possible. The package included a seafood meal with transport to and from Jimbaran bay and all went smoothly as arranged. Not a gourmet experience, but a fair sized and tasty seafood meal in interesting surrounds at sunset. The table was on the beach sand and the meal was served to the sound of happy diners, wandering singers and surf. What more could a couple experiencing a break from the family want! Complementary one-hour massages for us both and a lunch were extra bonus items too!
Spa services can be had on the site (the complementary massage was great) or at the Murano spa which is only a few minutes walk down the road. A five-minute taxi ride (~AU$2 one way) will get you to the middle Seminyak and a ten-minute walk to the Prana spa which was opposite the Bali Deli. Luxury pampering followed by gourmet food and drink shopping within a couple of minutes of each other. Wonderful!
BTW, the bumpy road is just a sign of the development going on in the area and will probably improve rapidly in the next few months. Another resort opened down the road whilst we were staying at the Astana Kunti complete with chanting, prayers, incense and offerings displayed on tables on the edge of the road outside! Another was being constructed almost opposite as well but we didn't notice any additional noise from within the hotel grounds.
For those who like a full buffet choice for breakfast, the three choice range of breakfast options may be a bit of a disappointment. However given that at home I usually have only coffee and cereal for breakfast, the meal options provided were all were freshly made and large sized portions. In fact the extra danish etc we couldn't fit at breakfast were usually stored in the fridge for afternoon tea. No complaints from us on that score. Finding out that it was my birthday during my stay resulted in a single serve chocolate cake with candle being added to the breakfast tray which was a lovely treat!
The staff were excellent with good English and provided polite and efficient service. The reception staff were particularly helpful and provided useful local knowledge on eateries and services in the area.
Yes, we'd stay again and have already recommended the place to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located down a remote passageway in the sophisticated Seminyak, the upscale and classy part of Bali, partly surrounded by rice paddy field beyond the banana cluster and designed with modern minimalist style and assembled around community pool and tropical landscaped garden of scattered Frangipani trees. Astana Kunti Suite Apartment & Villa is a fine-composition of 28 suite apartment and 19 villas that securely located in Seminyak area; where the essence of cosmopolitan style in the full swing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Astana Kunti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astana Kunti Hotel Seminyak
- Astana Kunti Bali/Seminyak