“If you're one of the youthful soul of Jakarta traveling in a budget, then this is the best place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Studio Bali

The Studio Bali
Ranked #10 of 103 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I knew this place from a friend few years back and I fell in love with it right away. It's just a small hotel area (way small compare to other hotel & villa areas around Seminyak), very green, very serene, a waterway more like a tiny river provides a calming watery sound, and if you lucky, you'll have a rice paddy as your view. I always choose the villa over the standard room because the price gap is not too much (less than IDR 100), yet in the villa you'll get bigger room, parquet floors, a kitchen (with its equipment), a second balcony, and a larger living/dining room. My favorite villa is the room 202, rice paddy at the front and tiny river at the back. Other than that, it is a very convenient place to stay if you rented a car. We, the wild metropolitan adventurer youthful souls of Jakarta, prefer this place because it has access to the main sunset road (the traffic free section) which leads you to choose your path to Seminyak, Kerobokan, Petitenget, or even turn left and drive along the main road up to Jimbaran, Uluwatu, Benoa, all the southern area, and also the airport. So many streets to choose to avoid traffic and they also have a decent parking area. We're not foreign tourists who want to just stroll along the streets of Kuta and Legian. We want to explore Bali (especially the southern part of the island) in a whole therefore we need access, conveniency, and enjoyable surrounding to welcome us back after every trip. You get all that for less than IDR 500,000 per night, it makes The Studio my favorite place to stay in the island. Cheers.

Room Tip: My favorite rooms would be the villas in a row (201,202, and so on). A view of rice paddy up front...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Santi Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Darwin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is really great value, we had a very large bedroom with good size ensuite, small kitchenette and "L" shaped lounge room with TV/DVD and 5.1 sound. Nice pool very clean rooms and King size bed. For $52 a night you just can't fault it. Some might say it's a bit out of the way but we always have a scooter so we are 5 minutes to anywhere, about 2 minutes to the Bali Deli and I like the peace and quiet at night

Room Tip: upstairs the end room is just slightly larger than the others. Our In Laws had a bungalow and that w...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank samesdifd
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

A friend recommended The Studio to us and we're glad we went there! Great room, friendly and helpful staff, feel-good view of Bali rice fields (not the generic beach view), and most of all low profile and quiet stay far from the busy thumping Kuta, which is unbelievable as this villa is only 10 minutes drive from Seminyak.

We stayed in the Studio Villa. Wi-Fi signal was excellent, internet worked without complaint. I'd say the breeze was enjoyable and we prefered the ceiling fan, but if you don't feel cool enough the aircon is there for you to abuse. It's a one bedroom very neatly designed by prioritizing room functionality. We really enjoyed the room and staying in it was actually a great part of our getaway, not only a place to crash after going around the island. You could ask for food delivery, or cook yourself as they have a small pantry and fridge provided. The villa was simply a sturdy wooden cottage with modern touches.

Only one thing The Studio would want to consider for improvement: installing exhaust fan in the bathroom - currently there are no air outlet for humidity to flow out. But otherwise, cleanliness was definitely not an issue.

I would recommend this for couples or solos on getaway. However not so much for family trips.

We would absolutely return here to stay next time we go to Bali.

Room Tip: Go for the Studio Villa rather than the Studio Suite for rice fields view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank violettaffandi
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

i stayed here for 4 nights with my wife and our 1 1/2 y/o son,the staffs are very friendly, the room is clean and quite spacey for the 3 of us (which is good),quiet area far from noisy bars & clubs, and they also provides a fast internet connection, with great room value.. and very close to Sunset road & seminyak / petitenget area, where all the good restaurants are, we would definitely stay here at our next visit

Room Tip: The studio suites are perfect for families & couples, it has its own living room separate from t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed in The Studio apartments for the last 2 nights of my Bali holiday. The rooms are very spacious (lounge room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette), modern and comfortable.
The staff is very friendly and caring. I had my handbag stolen - NOT in the hotel, it happened on the street - and they were so kind to drive my to a police station in the middle of the night so I could report the theft. On the next day they provided my with a free breakfast and later (because there was an important ceremony at the hotel in the morning) the manager drove me to the consulate so I could sort out my passport issues. On my last day they didn't have any problems with me checking out late (because I needed to get everything organised first) and didn't charge anything extra.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lombok, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Good sized rooms at a good price in a convenient location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Leiden, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed at the Studio for 3 nights because of the low price compared to other hotels in Seminyak. For the price you pay, I think it is excellent value - the rooms are very large, with sitting area, large bed & bathroom. All rooms have mini fridge and coffee/tea making facilities. The rooms are decorated with style. DVD player with surround sound system was great ! There is a small pool in the pretty and well maintained garden. The guys working there are very friendly and helpfull. You can buy cold drinks from them at reasonable prices. If you book a taxi, it will be there in a few minutes.

I did walk once to the centre of Seminyak - about 15-20 minutes, but recommend taking a taxi instead (costing you only 1 Euro) since it is not a nice road to walk on. The hotel itself is pretty quiet though, so I have some good night sleep away from Seminyak noise. If I return, I will stay here again.

About Seminyak - this is a tourist town full of shops and hip , overpriced restaurants. The beach is quiet ugly and it is just mass tourism here, mostly coming from Australia - if you want to experience the real Bali, stay in Ubud instead (no beach there though) ,

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor (106) - nice view over the garden. But all of their rooms are aboiut...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo