My husband and I recently spent 4 nights at Wolas Villas and it was wonderful. Although we travel a fair bit, this was our first trip to Bali, and it was specifically to buy a container load of furniture. Accordingly we had no real expectations about Bali generally, we just wanted stay somewhere nice, buy the furniture, have a few good meals, get some sun and avoid Kuta.
Originally we were considering staying at a hotel like the Oberoi or the Legian which had been recommended to us, but selected Wolas Villas based on its website appeal (private pool, stylish and large villas) and the location (in Seminyak area) and also as the villas were only opened 6 months ago they still had opening specials and offered excellent value. We actually booked through Agoda.
From the smooth airport pick up, to Angie's very efficient check-in and Adi's wonderful food and beverage service in the restaurant, our stay at the Wolas Villas was a great success.
The villa was extremely spacious and consisted of a large outdoor area and a separate air-conditioned bedroom and large and luxurious bathroom. The outdoor area was made up of a private pool and sunbathing deck and also a beautifully tiled lounge, dining and full kitchen. In addition there was an outside shower (which we didn’t use) and also outside, an enormous flat screen tv which could be turned around and seen from in the pool (which we did use!)
The interior of the villa was very well air-conditioned, tastefully decorated and extremely well appointed with flat screen TV, DVD/CD, sofa lounge, desk, walk around phone and a large and comfortable king size bed with pillows I couldn’t fault (I am usually a bit fussy). We travelled without our 7 year old daughter this time, but had she been with us, the villa could easily have accommodated another bed without being cluttered up.
The bathroom had a large bath (could have been a spa bath, not sure), separate loo and a very good high pressure shower with plenty of hot water. The only thing I could fault in the bathroom was the hair dryer which was one of those tiny little things which doesn’t do much.
We ate out for lunch and most dinners, but we enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant and the occasional room service in the villa and both were excellent. Breakfast offered a la carte American and Indonesian choices (I had local my husband western) and each was both beautifully prepared and stylishly presented. The room service was excellent (particularly the beef salad and gyoza) and we appreciated Adi's enthusiasm to seek customer feedback to make improvements although we didn't have any significant suggestions. Adi is very professional and seems very determined to offer the best food and beverage experience he can.
All staff members we encountered were eager to assist, professional and very sweet. As we were there to purchase furniture, we required a car and driver for a couple of days, and this was arranged quickly and easily by Angie at Reception for a very reasonable US$50 per day including petrol and a safe driver with helpful English. We also used the transfer service to and from the airport. As above, the restaurant staff were also helpful and professional. We also used the laundry service which seemed reasonably priced although we had to chase them up one night when the laundry hadn’t been returned by 7pm as scheduled.
The Wolas villas also offer a free shuttle to their Beach Club at Seminyak beach- but although this sounded great we didn't get around to trying it out.
We chose this location to be near Seminyak and its up market restaurants and shopping. It was also handy to the furniture places we were visiting. While I am sure you could easily walk to Seminyak restaurants and the beach from the Villas, we lazily caught cabs everywhere as it was so cheap and we thought our trip too short and the days too hot to muck around walking.
I am paranoid about mosquitoes, and get bitten a lot, so I travel with super strength repellent (from Thailand), but unlike other reviewers we didn’t notice any mosquitoes at all really and only used the hotel-provided spray once upon arrival just in case.
In summary . . .a wonderful Bali trip. Wolas villas are lovely and would suit anyone who likes stylish luxurious accommodation within easy access of Seminyak - the beach, excellent restaurants and shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Haven of Timeless EquanimityOffering superb ambience and peacefulness, The Wolas Villas & Spa stands amidst the dazzling Seminyak tourist resort, premier shopping destinations and entertainment venues. Designed in minimalist modern and private luxury resort, it reflects the style and elegance of Balinese culture. This emanates from the glamorous entrance gate inspired by ancient temple and Balinese miniscule garden marked with frangipani and other verdant shrubs. Here is the haven of equanimity in Bali. Hence, look no further.Simply for your convenience, the villas have been equipped with supporting facilities like fine restaurant, spa and spacious parking lot.Besides, our villas are indeed perched at a strategic location. It is only 15-minute drive from the airport and less than 30-minute drive to destinations like Denpasar City, Golf Course and Sanur tourist resort. Even, the legendary paradise of sand at Kuta Beach is only 10-minute drive.The frenzy of Seminyak means nothing to us. As soon as walking into The Wolas Villas & Spa, it has been conjured up into tranquility without doubt. Our villa compounds are appropriate with travelers enjoying vacation in couple or with family. In harmony with these needs, we have provided you with 16 one-bedroom villas and 2 two-bedroom villas. Each villa is designed in stylish interior and equipped with first-rate quality furnishings. Meanwhile, its standard feature embraces a private swimming pool, kitchen, dining area and living area. Other facilities equipping them consist of 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV channel, in-house entertainment, and WIFI Internet access.Indeed, we offer you a true hospitality since you first make a reservation until you say goodbye. So, enjoy our Balinese affability in daily interaction, spacious walkway with rich greenery environment to villa, and genuinely homey living. In short, it is entirely dedicated for shrewd travelers wishing to immerse themselves in a splendid resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wolas Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wolas Villas And Spa
- The Wolas Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Wolas Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak