“I'm afraid to share ... ”

The Wolas Villas & Spa
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm afraid to share my review in case too many people start staying here and the secret gets out ..... We just spent nine blissful days at the Wolas. The villas are exactly like the photos. There is privacy and quietness. The staff cannot do enough for you. Spa is very reasonably priced & excellent. Some people may not like that it isn't in the heart of Seminyak. But I think that's what makes it beautiful. It's only 25k Rph. To the centre of Seminyak. We'll be back for sure. For anyone that gets put off by Mosquitos , the only time I got bitten was when I was out of the Wolas (& I'd get bitten if there was only one mozzy on earth)

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vixeninoz
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Overall this property is good value for money. It does seem older than it actually is. Maintenance level of the villa is not great (eg paint flaking off the walls). Plenty of mosquitoes make the outdoor living and dining room of the villa nearly inhabitable. Fuzzy cable tv reception. Pool a bit dirty (not aided by leaves and flowers from nearby trees constantly falling into it). Location is too far away from seminyak centre and beach. Shuttle service should be more frequent. Staff a bit hit and miss (multiple reminder calls to check out at 12 left a bad taste in mouth).

• Stayed: April 2014
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Warmest greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us, and I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have note some points from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

What a perfect stay at the Wolas! I booked this hotel for a week stay in Bali. Probably the best hotel I've ever been. Perfect service and extraordinary personnel. Friendly and the hospitality was more than I've ever expected. You will really feel at home at the Wolas! Perfect organization of trips and all your wishes. The Villas are just amazing, perfect breakfast for all your wishes. Thank you for the stay there, certainly will come back!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa
Thank you for taking your time to share us your recent holiday experience at The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak Bali
I am very pleased to know that you have had a most memorable satay with us recently and that you enjoyed its facilities and services provided .I will gladly share it with all of our team members, and it will certainly motivate them to always keep up their good job.
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak , Bali in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The wife & I stayed here for the fourth year running. Why would we stay anywhere else when this place is like a second home to us? We stay in villa 18 as it has the larger decked area around the pool & is surrounded by greenery. The villas are just over 5 years old now, but seem almost the same to us as the first time we stayed there. The staff are lovely & we have become close to most of them. Made, Muda, Arini, Wida, Ari, Jonny....the list of friendly faces & lovely personalities goes on & on at the Wolas. They constantly go out of their way to make you feel at home & tend to your every need, not that we ask them for much while we're there as our main aim is relaxation, & we get that in spades as we lounge by the pool for the majority of the day, before heading out for a bit of shopping & dinner at some of the best restaurants Seminyak has to offer. Nothing against the kitchen at the Wolas, as their breakfasts are suffice & room service hits the spot if we can't be bothered heading out. The fact that you're in Seminyak deters you from staying in! Heading out for dinner is one of the many guilty pleasures we indulge in while there. Restaurants like Sarong ( our favourite ), Mamasan, Ginger Moon ( our new second favourite! ) & Ultimo, just to name a few, are a must visit! Plus our customary visit to Potato Head tops off our brilliant annual holiday. I highly recommend staying at the Wolas villas as the privacy, comfy bed, huge bedroom/ensuite, breakfasts, villa swimming pool, cleanliness, turn down service & staff make it pure bliss! it's the very reason we haven't looked elsewhere in four years. Just a word of warning once again, don't go walking at pace across the tiled open living area with wet feet, as you'll go belly up & ruin your holiday! The mozzies can be a pain but the staff light mozzie coils every evening & do the odd fogging. If you want to stock your fridge & pantry, Bali Deli is under a 10 minute walk away & has everything you need. Taxis into the main drag in Seminyak are 25,000 - 30,000 rupiah ( $2.50 - $3 AUD ) so will save you a lot of hassle if you can't be bothered walking, especially when that sun is out. It has some bite, even for a guy like me who has natural olive skin! Love Seminyak, love the Wolas, love the staff & can't wait to head back there next year.

Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com
We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your repeat stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff.
I have shared your testimonial to the rest of our associates at The Wolas Villa and Spa.

I and team would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak in the near future.

With my best regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed in Wolas for 4 nights before continuing our trip to Singapore and our only regret is that we should have stayed longer! The villa we had was fantastic, well equipped and very private. The food in room service was actually better and more affordable than most restaurants we've been around. The massage my wife and myself took was also a delight and the breakfast options were succulent. Service from all staff was just excellent, with a smile always. Lastly the location is perfect, away but not too far from all the happenings.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Made S, General Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com

We are very delighted to hear that entire your recent experiences during stay with us were memorable time and meet your expectation.
Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your feedback and comments that we are able to maintain on our product and service standard.

Finally, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Wolas Villa ans Spa on your next visit to Bali, Island of The God.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My wife and I first stayed at the Wolas Villas in Seminyak in November 2012 for 10 nights. We had such a wonderful and relaxing time, that we did not hesitate to book this same villa for another 10 nights in March 2014.
The villas are exactly as they look on the website. Very private, very quiet, with very clean and excellent facilities, with your own private pool.
The staff are outstanding. Very friendly, very courteous, and very quick to attend to minor problems. They really are just like an extension of family.
My wife says the spas and massages are excellent.
The restaurant and room service meals were of very good quality.
We are now starting to save for our 3rd visit to this great villa.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Guest,
Warmest greeting from The Wolas Villa and Spa..
Thank you for taking some of your precious time to share your recent experience with us here at The Wolas Villa and spa on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your repeat stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly balinese staff. . We do hope that with all the experiences you had with us will bring you back again to The Wolas villa in the near future on your next visit to this Paradise Island.
Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa & Spa, Bali in the near future.
With best regards
Operation Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This place has to be it if you're travelling to Bali. If you want complete privacy, clean environment, super friendly staff and service, private pool, a nice quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta and Seminyak then look no further. The Wolas Villa is close to the main road (sunset road) and you can travel anywhere from there quickly and cost effectively. The reception is active 247 and they are very helpful at times with tips and heads ups. There is a local shop that has everything you'd need for your holiday. The private pool is awesome and the room furnitures and linens are tip top. The restaurant food is really good compared to outside restaurants (we ordered the Chicken gourmet meal and veg pasta, Wolas choc cake - uff a must try!). The room service is rapid and they come immediately. Overall i'm giving this place a 5*.

They also decorated the room for us when we left a note to let them know its a honeymoon. There were rose petals in the bath, a bunch of flowers on the bed and a big delicious chocolate cake waiting for us in the fridge.

The only downside we experience was the A/C in the bedroom wasn't giving enough cold air. The wetroom A/C was working fine. I guess we should've reported this but we spent more time outside than in and we always cooled off with a dip in our private pool. If i return to indonesia i will not hesitate to book with Wolas again. Ideal for family and couples.

Good Halal places: Layali, Passargad, Pizza hut, McDonalds, KFC

Room Tip: If your A/C is not giving cold air just report this to the reception. I think all the Villas are bui...