“Amazing”

The Wolas Villas & Spa
Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

What an amazing place to stay, having been to Bali 11 times we always try and find something new, this place far exceeded our expectations. It is everything the web site states and more. The staff are outstanding, friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The Villa is an oasis away from home and you really dont want to venture out given this. I am a Travel Agent is Australia and often asked for recommendations, I would never hesitate in suggesting this place to anyone in fact have already advised two couples they should not look any further than The Wolas Villas and Spa. It is less than a five minute walk to the Bali Deli.

The Rooms are clean and the bathroom is the biggest I have seen. The Manager is extremely helpful making himself known to you within 48 hours of arrival. In fact all the staff address you by name and it is obvious that this is a great place to work.

If you are looking for a Villa please dont go past this one, we stayed in a one bedroom but were fortunate enough to have a look at the two bedroom which I would also recommend for either families or two couples travelling together.

We are planning on returning to Bali again next year for a month and I will not be looking anywhere else.

Room Tip: Go for VIlla 118 if you only want a one bedroom
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, September 6, 2012

Greetings from The wolas Villa and Spa,

Thank you for sparing time to post valuable feedback regards of your experience with us at TripAdvisor.com

We are very delighted to hear that your holiday was perfect and pleasant the time during your recent stay at The wolas villa and Spa , It is really motivating us to maintain and improve our service to our valuable guest.

We look forward to seeing you again for another exceptional and indigenous experience at The wolas villa and spa in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

When we checked in, the staff told us "this villa is owned by you for the next 8 days" and it really did feel like our own private sanctuary from the hustle & bustle of Seminyak.

If you like the professional photos, you will love the villa. It looks exactly the same, if anything the pool & bathroom are larger than they look. It felt as though I had stepped into the photos.

The breakfast choices are limited, however, it is freshly cooked and very tasty with Indonesian, Continental & American options - we found it far superior to the soggy bacon & egg buffet options offered at many hotels. It can be served in your villa or at the restaurant

The staff are all friendly and so helpful - a special thanks to Mustika for excellent & entertaining breakfast service!

The location is a little further out (about a easy 10 min stroll to Raya Seminyak) but we absolutely loved the peace & quiet this afforded. There are many options close by to eat and pick up supplies.

If there is one improvement the Wolas could make, it would be a mosquito net for the bed.

Just about to check out and already feeling"homesick" for villa 6. Going to miss this place until next time we can return. It has truly been a home away from home.

Thank you to all the staff for an amazing stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank spins82
Made S, General Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com

We are very pleased to hear that your vacation was lovely and you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for the kind words and lavish praised you bestowed upon Mustika our waiter . I have shared your feedback to our associates and management level.
Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your feedback and comments that we are able to maintain on our product and service standard.

Finally, I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Wolas Villa ans Spa on your next visit to Bali, Island of The God.

Sincerely yours
Malang
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This Idul Fitri holiday I took my family to have vacation in Bali and for sure I chose Wolas Villa as our place to stay. Actually this was my 2nd stay here (1st when we had honeymoon). This time I brought my baby and I still had the same pleasure staying in Wolas. We love this villa so much because of its great pool, great bedroom an bathroom, and also great living room. The service was also very nice. We love the staff, they are very kind. The massage was a little bit so so. yet, there are few to be paid attention. There were a lot of mosquitoes in the bedroom, as I brought my baby and she got 8 bites on face. I think the mosquitoes killer (Baygon) in the room could not kill the mosquitoes. Fortunately I brought my own with different brand and it killed them successfully. Perhaps the management can change the Baygon. And also the bedsheet was not clean enough. My husband and I felt a little bit itchy. Overall, it is so worth it to stay here. Definitely we will go back, hopefully next year ^^

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Wolas Villa and Spa
We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your repeat stay and that you were satisfied with the services rendered by my team of warm and friendly Balinese staff.
We have note your points and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.
At The Wolas Villa Ansd Spa , we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Best personal regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just returned from 12 delightful days at Wolas. First time staying, the staff were charming & very helpful. The Manager went out of his way to assist & provided a special reading lamp as the room bedside light wasn't a great reading light as well as kitchen impliments so I could make a snack. Breakfasts were generous & well presented & available until 11am in room or small restaurant.The villa is cleaned 2x day & immaculate, large for a 1 br, super bathroom w tub & separate indoor & outdoor showers. Kitchen/living good sized & fabulous pool overhung w frangipanis - deep enough to do a few short laps! Situated a block from Jalan Sunset, we were a bit worried about the road noise but heard more chooks than a distant hum of cars. The location is fabulous for access everywhere as you do not get stuck in the Legian/Seminyak traffic yet are a 5-10 minute walk to Bali Deli. Wifi great, very relaxing decor & staff sensitive to privacy & needs. Would definitely visit again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak .

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment in regards to your experience of staying with us through tripadvisor.com.

What could be more exciting to hear that our valuable guest’s holiday trip to Bali was an amazing one, after all it has always been the mission & core values of The Wolas Villa and Spa, to serve our guests at our best and exceed their expectations through bespoke service.

We would like to thank you for the compliment upon our service and product and also for the kind words bestowed upon our team. I have shared your constructive feedback to our associates and we are enormously grateful.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and hope that you will return to our Villa to enjoy another wonderful experience with us.

With best regards,
Abcoude
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked a villa at The Wolas in Seminyak and were not diasappointed, the Villa was great.
The people at The Wolas were very friendly, no exceptions. The villa was kept clean every day by a group of at least 5 cleaners. Breakfast, fine. Scooters for rent, free dvd movies. Big refrigerator, airco in the rooms, big tv's. Concierge could help with everything. Setting was very quiet, but in 5 minutes by scooter you had beaches, shops and restaurants. Taxi's also very cheap.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa
Thank you for taking your time to share us your recent holiday experience at The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak Bali
I am very pleased to know that you have had a most memorable stay with us recently and that you enjoyed its facilities and services provided .I will gladly share it with all of our team members, and it will certainly motivate them to always keep up their good job.
We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak , Bali in the near future.

Best personal regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at The Wolas Villas & Spa for 5 nights and had a most enjoyable time. The venue lives up to what is shown on their website, but the real attraction of this place is the staff. A very professional and friendly group of people, nothing is too much trouble for them. This applies to the admin/reception, restaurant, security, spa treatment, house cleaning and, pool/gardening, all of them just brilliant! We also met and had a talk with the Manager, I Made Suparta and let him know just how good his staff are.

We found the Wolas Villas to be a place to chill out with total privacy (we had Villa 12B down the back of the complex, very quiet).

A 5-10 minute walk gets you to the Bali Deli or Almamart for supplies and, a reliable money changer (PT Central Kuta, first one past the Alfamart). To get to the hustle and bustle of Seminyak Beach a taxi will cost you only $AUD 2 to $3 and the reception staff will organise the taxi for you.

All in all, this venue delivered what we wanted, a restful and relaxing time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, General Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2012

Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa@Seminyak

First of all thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor

I feel very honored to hear that you had a great holiday and you are so satisfied with the friendliness of our team members that they do during your stay with us.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Wolas Villa,and Spa in the near future.

Should you need further information and assistance, please feel free to contact me personally.

Kind regards,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at Wolas Villas for Five days in May'12 for our first honeymoon. We stayed in a one-bed room pool villa. One word - Amazing!!!

Great place...spacious bedroom, huge bathroom, open living area, two television sets and your very own private pool which is more than a plunge pool where we could actually swim to let the heat off after walking the busy streets. Closer to Seminyak town and many shopping places. Daily shuttle service available to Seminyak and Kuta also with complementary airport transfer.

Breakfast had only 3 choices though and could do with some improvement. Also only a limited supply of tea and coffee making facilities, however unlimited water supply. Although the staff was always ready to cater to our needs.

Well maintained and great privacy! Super experience!!

Be sure to ask for the complementary rose petal bath :)

Looking forward to visiting Wolas again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelum W
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2012

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

Thank you for the time taken to sharing your experience while staying at The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
We have taken note of your comments that breacfast need to improve coffe making facilities and water supply please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Best personal regards,