“We'll be back, for sure!”

The Wolas Villas & Spa
Tokyo, Japan
“We'll be back, for sure!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

It was our 3rd time visit to Bali and booked the same villa; The Wolas Villa and Spa at Seminyak witch we stayed 2 years ago.

We had requested the shuttle service from the airport. A driver from the villa was waiting for us with a smile and it makes us already comfortable.
When we arrived at the villa, we received the warmest welcome from all the staff with the Japanese word “OKAERINASAI”, means “WELCOME BACK HOME”. And they said “you can use the same villa as before”. We were so impressed and pleased!! And more surprise came when we opened a refrigerator in our villa.., there was a heart-shape chocolate cake with a message, “Welcome Back Home”, on a chocolate plate.

Our villa has beautiful private pool and nice bed… it’s very important for us because we come to Bali not only for a holiday but for taking Ballroom dance lessons. And a spa and a restaurant in this villa help us when we come back really tired from the dancing lessons.
If we could have time, we would like to go to the beach, go for sightseeing.., and take cooking lesson at this villa!

The Wolas Villa and Spa is quiet and comfortable, and clean. All the staff are amazing! They are polite but friendly, and always ready to help with a smile.
We definitively will come back this villa next year, for sure.

Thank you very much to all of you working at the Wolas!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Guest
Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com
It was a pleasure to have you staying again for the 2nd time on April 2012. We are very happy to read that you had once again a memorable stay and another great time with us I have shared your testimonial to the rest of our associates at The Wolas Villa and Spa.

I and team would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back again to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak in the near future.

Operation Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Wolas only for a few days but all of the staff made our stay a memorable one. Everyone was so nice and helpful even when we arrived late at 1am in the morning. It has a boutique hotel feel which allows for privacy and personal attention to detail. Thank you for the cake for our anniversary...a very sweet gesture. Also the ladies did a fine job at the day spa. Overall a great stay and we hope to come back.

• Stayed April 2012
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, May 2, 2012

Warmest Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to The Wolas Villa & Spa Seminyak Bali.

It’s a pleasure to know that overall you are satisfied with our product and services, I’ll proudly share it to all of our team, and I’m sure it will motivate them all to keep up the great work.
It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to The Wolas Villa and Spa Seminyak Bali, and made your next holiday with us will be as amazing as the previous one.

Best personal regards,

Perth
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Hi we stayed in a two bedroom with private pool villa. The staff here are very lovely but the hotel not very good , as we had numerous problems with this hotel.We had to wait a while to check in , while I had my four year old son and my parents with me.There was a rat running around the kitchen which we saw numerous times ,which the manger fixed the problem by bringing rat traps in and posionouus bait while we were still in this hotel room... Disgusting!!!! And the safety box in the room was broken , plus we all went into kuta for the day and came back to our room and our electricity was out so our room was very very hot , the mosquitoes in the room were very bad , we were covered in bites every where.. I'm not a person to have negative feedback but I paid a lot to stay for 5 nights for a holiday and we were disappointed.

Room Tip: Find another hotel...... Especially if you have children!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim H
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent trip to The Wolas Villa and Spa .

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies
We have l note some points from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our Departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction

We would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of being of service to you and your family during your recent visit to Bali and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Wolas Villa and Spa,Seminyak in the near future.

With kind regards
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Me and my husband had our honey moon in Bali and a private villa was the start and we choose the wolas and it was more than amazing , the villa was perfect in everything , the location near seminyak shopping area , the stuff are very very friendly , the food included many varieties , the villa is very clean , overall our stay was fantastic and when we are back to Bali we would return to it for sure ...

• Stayed April 2012
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a second time on our recent trip to bali. The first time we stayed it was great - no complaints, hence he booked it for a second time for our last visit. The hotel is really nice but the thing that really let me down was the wifi. When i booked the Wolas Villas it clearly stated that all the villas had wifi access, and we were given the codes for the wifi on arrival. But throughout the entire trip we were unable to use the wifi successfully for longer that 2 minutes, if we were able to log on to use it at all. For some, wifi may be a completely unnecessary thing when going to bali for a relaxing holiday. But my work means that I need constant access to the internet. I voiced my concern the the staff on numerous occasions, and whilst they seemed to be trying to help, they didn't do anything to actually fix the problem. The problem was clearly a result of the hotel owner choosing not to get a internet connection that is efficient (i.e. to cut costs) and even though the owner was walking around the hotel, she didn't seem to have been alerted to the issue by staff. I would not stay at the Wolas Villas again purely because i cannot afford such unreliable service, and certainly can't afford to be ignored when the issue is brought to the attention of the staff. In addition I left something at the hotel, and emailed them to ask if they had found it in the room, and I received no response. I am not angry that they didn't find my belongings (I should have thoroughly checked the room before i left - that part was my fault) but to not respond to an email is just rude - it shows a complete lack of customer service and as a result i would not recommend the Wolas Villas to anyone!

Also the breakfast is absolutely terrible - we ended up eating at restaurants every morning. the hotel restaurant is equally awful - when i got home from dinner one night i felt like some dessert so made the mistake of ordering the creme caramel from the room service and it was HORRIBLE - i literally had one spoon of it which i spat out immediately it was that repulsive!
Also the bath had a hair in it when we got there, and there was mould around the plug holes on the bath and sinks which grosses me out - the cleaning department obviously just wipes the bathroom, and doesn't "scrub" it properly. Also there was mould on the bedroom wall.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Made S, Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa @ Seminyak Bali .

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us second time ..
We have note all comment from you and please rest assured that appropriate action has been taken by our departments concerns, to handle and we will definitively continue to improve our service to make your next stay with us will be at a higher level of satisfaction.

Total customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and it is thanks to your constructive feedback and comments that we are able to maintain and further improve on our service standards.

In closing I would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa . I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Bali and please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Bali and hopefully our Villa. I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is a flawless one.

Best personal regards
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We first stayed at Wolas villas in September 2011, my husband (gqhickey) has posted a detailed review dated Jan 22nd 2012 of the hotel facilities. Needless to say it was brilliant, hence this review of our return trip is more about our experience.

After being greated by all the familiar faces that not only remembered us but also the month and villa we occupied on our first trip; our check in was completed in 5mins, during which the general manager Suparta advised us that we had been upgraded to a larger room. Now for those that have stayed at Wolas and know how big the villas are, let me say the upgraded room is just massive. For those that haven't previously stayed, the standard room is large enough to entertain 6-8 people. Although the villa amenities remain unchanged, the shear size of the room more than justifies the phrase "room upgrade".

Suparta also invited us to a cocktail party on our first evening, one is held every month for the guests and is a great platform to meet with the friendly staff and experience some wonderful food and cocktails.

As I don't wish to replicate my husbands review, I will surmise by saying everything we loved about Wolas during our first visit is still present. It is that consistency of quality rooms and service that resulted in us booking a third stay at Wolas before we had even finished our second stay.

The Mosquitos still remain, however the staff do all that they can to minimize their impact by ensuring mosi coils are always burning in your villa, spaying your room during the morning room service and daily evening turndown service, in addition to fogging twice weekly. With that knowledge in mind and the fact mosi's are everywhere in Bali, it didn't really bother us. It is however nice to know they are about so you can be prepared rather than surprised or perhaps disappointed. Hence why It is worth mentioning.

For us though, there is one thing that makes Wolas exceptional, and that is the staff. Any request regardless how big or small is delt with promptly, correctly and with a massive smile on their faces. A classic example of this is during a discussion with Arthana (a duty manager) in which we asked him what one of his favorite meals was. Arthana told what it was and then asked if we would like him to come into our room and cook it for us! To us that was just brilliant, as was the meal he cooked which we will be cooking every Sunday for lunch.

Another example was when Suparta invited us to dinner to taste some dishes for their new menu as a way to thank us for returning to Wolas. I could offer up many more examples of how the staff not only made us feel special throughout our entire stay but also made us feel like Wolas is our second home. If you are thinking about staying at the Wolas just do it and be sure to be nice to Arthana, wida, Arina, muda, mustika, susi, mei, agus, and Surparta so they are still there when we head back in September.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Wolas villa and Spa @ Seminyak Bali..

I am glad to know that you had an amazing stay with us the second time and meet your expectation.The guest satisfactions is our priority,that's way we always do improvement to maintain the quality of services and product to meet high level standard

I have shared your comments to the rest of my team at The Wolas villa and Spa,
and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back a third stay on september 2012 to The Wolas Villa and Spa .

Sydney
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I had stayed at Wolas Villas in mid March, having bought a secret hotel deal on wotif.com. It was our first time to Bali and we were celbrating our wedding anniversary. On arrival (around midnight) one of the lovely staff members, Ari showed us around our room and we realised they had an anniversary cake already in the fridge for us.The villas are absoltuely amazing with a huge bedroom (VERY comfy bed), lovely balinese style living area and a fantastic pool which is very large and private. We had breakfast in our room every day and found it to be great and the serving size to be suitable.
All staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful and they made our stay very special. For me the only negative was the distance to eat street. As mentioned by others reviewers, cabs are very cheap at around $2-$5 however we would still prefer to be within walking distance from the action and Wolas is just a little too far for that.
Our overall holiday was fantastic though and our time spent at Wolas was very relaxing an enjoyable, we hardlly left the villa!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeanniesDiary
Made S, General Manager at The Wolas Villas & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from The Wolas Villa and Spa,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to post a comment of your experience with us at TripAdvisor.

We are very delighted to hear that entire your recent experiences during stay with us were memorable time and meet your expectation. Thank you for your appraised to Ari one of our Front Office staff who served you upon arrival.The guests' satisfactions is our utmost priority, that's way we always do improvement to maintain the quality of services and product to meet high level standard.

I and team would like to thank you for choosing The Wolas Villa and Spa and I sincerely hope that you will return in the near future.