My boyfriend and I stayed here for a second time on our recent trip to bali. The first time we stayed it was great - no complaints, hence he booked it for a second time for our last visit. The hotel is really nice but the thing that really let me down was the wifi. When i booked the Wolas Villas it clearly stated that all the villas had wifi access, and we were given the codes for the wifi on arrival. But throughout the entire trip we were unable to use the wifi successfully for longer that 2 minutes, if we were able to log on to use it at all. For some, wifi may be a completely unnecessary thing when going to bali for a relaxing holiday. But my work means that I need constant access to the internet. I voiced my concern the the staff on numerous occasions, and whilst they seemed to be trying to help, they didn't do anything to actually fix the problem. The problem was clearly a result of the hotel owner choosing not to get a internet connection that is efficient (i.e. to cut costs) and even though the owner was walking around the hotel, she didn't seem to have been alerted to the issue by staff. I would not stay at the Wolas Villas again purely because i cannot afford such unreliable service, and certainly can't afford to be ignored when the issue is brought to the attention of the staff. In addition I left something at the hotel, and emailed them to ask if they had found it in the room, and I received no response. I am not angry that they didn't find my belongings (I should have thoroughly checked the room before i left - that part was my fault) but to not respond to an email is just rude - it shows a complete lack of customer service and as a result i would not recommend the Wolas Villas to anyone!
Also the breakfast is absolutely terrible - we ended up eating at restaurants every morning. the hotel restaurant is equally awful - when i got home from dinner one night i felt like some dessert so made the mistake of ordering the creme caramel from the room service and it was HORRIBLE - i literally had one spoon of it which i spat out immediately it was that repulsive!
Also the bath had a hair in it when we got there, and there was mould around the plug holes on the bath and sinks which grosses me out - the cleaning department obviously just wipes the bathroom, and doesn't "scrub" it properly. Also there was mould on the bedroom wall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Haven of Timeless EquanimityOffering superb ambience and peacefulness, The Wolas Villas & Spa stands amidst the dazzling Seminyak tourist resort, premier shopping destinations and entertainment venues. Designed in minimalist modern and private luxury resort, it reflects the style and elegance of Balinese culture. This emanates from the glamorous entrance gate inspired by ancient temple and Balinese miniscule garden marked with frangipani and other verdant shrubs. Here is the haven of equanimity in Bali. Hence, look no further.Simply for your convenience, the villas have been equipped with supporting facilities like fine restaurant, spa and spacious parking lot.Besides, our villas are indeed perched at a strategic location. It is only 15-minute drive from the airport and less than 30-minute drive to destinations like Denpasar City, Golf Course and Sanur tourist resort. Even, the legendary paradise of sand at Kuta Beach is only 10-minute drive.The frenzy of Seminyak means nothing to us. As soon as walking into The Wolas Villas & Spa, it has been conjured up into tranquility without doubt. Our villa compounds are appropriate with travelers enjoying vacation in couple or with family. In harmony with these needs, we have provided you with 16 one-bedroom villas and 2 two-bedroom villas. Each villa is designed in stylish interior and equipped with first-rate quality furnishings. Meanwhile, its standard feature embraces a private swimming pool, kitchen, dining area and living area. Other facilities equipping them consist of 42-inch plasma TV, cable TV channel, in-house entertainment, and WIFI Internet access.Indeed, we offer you a true hospitality since you first make a reservation until you say goodbye. So, enjoy our Balinese affability in daily interaction, spacious walkway with rich greenery environment to villa, and genuinely homey living. In short, it is entirely dedicated for shrewd travelers wishing to immerse themselves in a splendid resort experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Wolas Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wolas Villas And Spa
- The Wolas Villas Hotel Seminyak
- The Wolas Villas & Spa Bali/Seminyak