“Most comfortable bed in Bali”
Review of Bali Yarra Villas

Bali Yarra Villas
Ranked #31 of 426 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed November 15, 2012

John and Gloria were very welcoming and helped me out as a walk in when I had to move accommodation due to noise and a gas leak from another villa I was booked in with. Bali Yarravillas are modern, clean and of a very high standard in furnishings and fixtures. Set back from main road, so there is no noise or dust. Fantasic location with a short walk to Bintang Supermarket and all restaurants and boutiques of Seminyak. The beds are so comfortable, good quality mattresses and pillows. The villa complex is small, so there is plenty of quiet time to read a book or have a relaxing swim in the immaculately kept pool. The staff are wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. Thank you to all of you and highly recommend Bali Yarravillas to all my friends, family and tripadvisor readers. Oh, and their mini bar Bintang beer is cheaper than the supermarket and always well stocked. Libby Francis

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Yes Libby our beds are fantastic and are probably the most expensive in Bali but worth every Rupiah. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and of course we were very happy to be able to assist in your hour of need. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Luxury, spacious villas with a beautiful pool.
Not any complaints about service: correct friendly and there is always someone at your disposition.
Nice design of the villas with a good choice of colours (black, white and orange).
I can only recommend this place.
No doubt about it, just BOOK!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Geert and Gisele it was our pleasure to have you stay with us and it was fantastic to meet you both. Thanks for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review we all love reading them and it gives our staff great satisfaction to have their efforts acknowledged. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed at Bali Yarravillas and I am always impressed. The rooms are lovely and modern, cleaned thoroughly daily, spacious and in a superb location.

The staff speak good english, are very friendly, always smiling and happy to assist you with anything you need.

We also had the pleasure of meeting John and Gloria this time who were also able to provide us with good restaurants and shopping spots yo try.

Thanks for having us again Bali Yarravillas and hope to see you again on my next trip!!

• Stayed: November 2012
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thanks Shannon for choosing Bali Yarravillas again. As you know and acknowledge our staff work very hard to make our place as perfect as possible. Thanks for taking the time to post your review and also for recommending Bali Yarravillas to your friends and family, we really appreciate it.
We look forward to your return.
Kind regards John and Team

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here in October and had a wonderful stay. I don't have much to say other than what others have already said. It was quiet, clean and had a great pool.

It was excellent value and I would definitely stay again.

The staff were fantastic. Just genuinely nice, friendly, helpful people and they are the reason we will look back at our time at Bali Yarravillas so fondly. In particular, thank you Putu. Cal and I enjoyed chatting with you and wish you all the best until we next see you.

Putu was kind enough to book us on an atv tour, despite the atv company making the booking difficult for him! But once we got there, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Susan and Cal, thanks for your visit and of course for posting your Trip Advisor review. We all appreciate it and your feed back. We look forward to your speedy return.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were so looking forward to returning to Bali Yarravillas, and we were not disappointed. It was so good to be back from the minute we were greeted at the airport by a smiling Ketut. The introduction of airport pick ups was an inspired idea. Some new additions to the team were evident when we arrived, but the service was of the same high standard that we had experienced in May. The team at Bali Yarravillas are committed to making you feel welcome.
Most of all the fabulous location is a large part of why we chose a second visit. Convenients for shoppers, eaters, night clubbers and a comfortably close to the ocean.
I would also recommend a massage from the spa advertised in the rooms. Close to the best hour I have spent in Bali!
Was great to meet John and Gloria - fantastic job guys. Well done

Room Tip: The hotel room with sitting room is great for a little extra space, while still being great value fo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks heaps Pip, it was fantastic to finally meet you guys. Thanks for your praise and of course your repeat business. Bali Spa is great and Gloria loves it as well.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Excellent service and attention to detail along with the fantastic location has found us saving again for our next trip. We could not speak highly enough about every aspect of our Bali Yarra villas experience. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: October 2012
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and posting your Trip Advisor review Jo and Cam. Save up quick and come back to your Bali home soon as we are all waiting for you.
Kind regards John and Team

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to book this place last week after good reviews on TA. All I can say is watch out when you make the booking on the website. For a start they charge a whopping 5% surcharge on credit card usage. This is more than double the average fee charged for Visa which, if charged at all, is usually around 2%. In my opinion, this is just greedy and it would be all right if the money was going to Balinese but this is owned by a Melbourne businessman.
Secondly the website where you are required to give your credit card details online is NOT SECURE. As most travellers would be aware, the most important thing you need to look for when you're giving your card details over the Web is a small closed padlock or key symbol, usually at the bottom of the screen (sometimes the top, where the URL is). If you see this, it means your details are being encoded and travelling safely down the wire. If you don't see it, don't give your card details. It is not present on the Bali Yarravillas web site despite a vague reference to a security company.
I contacted John, the owner of the Villas, by email to respectfully provide some feedback about my experience and to try and negotiate a more reasonable surcharge fee of 2%. He was not interested and cancelled my booking. So, no I haven’t stayed at these Villas, but if that’s their attitude then I wouldn't want to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank hula-girl2011

Boy I must have stood in something cause it stuck to my boot and can't shake it off. Our website is very clear on the Tariff page that we charge 5% for card transactions. Glad I cancelled and didn't penalise this person as imagine what would have been posted if she had stayed with us. Sorry to all reading my response but blackmail and threats of reigniting false newspaper reports to get a discount just doesn't cut it with me. All that know us know what we do for our communities both in Bali and in Australia.
Hope you enjoy Bali for the beautiful place it is and I'm glad it won't be with us as the milk might curdle.
Enjoy your life and as always, love my staff, my fantastic guests, my family and my job. John