“Fantastic”
Review of Bali Yarra Villas

Bali Yarra Villas
Ranked #32 of 424 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here in October and had a wonderful stay. I don't have much to say other than what others have already said. It was quiet, clean and had a great pool.

It was excellent value and I would definitely stay again.

The staff were fantastic. Just genuinely nice, friendly, helpful people and they are the reason we will look back at our time at Bali Yarravillas so fondly. In particular, thank you Putu. Cal and I enjoyed chatting with you and wish you all the best until we next see you.

Putu was kind enough to book us on an atv tour, despite the atv company making the booking difficult for him! But once we got there, it was fantastic.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Hi Susan and Cal, thanks for your visit and of course for posting your Trip Advisor review. We all appreciate it and your feed back. We look forward to your speedy return.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were so looking forward to returning to Bali Yarravillas, and we were not disappointed. It was so good to be back from the minute we were greeted at the airport by a smiling Ketut. The introduction of airport pick ups was an inspired idea. Some new additions to the team were evident when we arrived, but the service was of the same high standard that we had experienced in May. The team at Bali Yarravillas are committed to making you feel welcome.
Most of all the fabulous location is a large part of why we chose a second visit. Convenients for shoppers, eaters, night clubbers and a comfortably close to the ocean.
I would also recommend a massage from the spa advertised in the rooms. Close to the best hour I have spent in Bali!
Was great to meet John and Gloria - fantastic job guys. Well done

Room Tip: The hotel room with sitting room is great for a little extra space, while still being great value fo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks heaps Pip, it was fantastic to finally meet you guys. Thanks for your praise and of course your repeat business. Bali Spa is great and Gloria loves it as well.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Excellent service and attention to detail along with the fantastic location has found us saving again for our next trip. We could not speak highly enough about every aspect of our Bali Yarra villas experience. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: October 2012
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thanks for staying with us and posting your Trip Advisor review Jo and Cam. Save up quick and come back to your Bali home soon as we are all waiting for you.
Kind regards John and Team

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I went to book this place last week after good reviews on TA. All I can say is watch out when you make the booking on the website. For a start they charge a whopping 5% surcharge on credit card usage. This is more than double the average fee charged for Visa which, if charged at all, is usually around 2%. In my opinion, this is just greedy and it would be all right if the money was going to Balinese but this is owned by a Melbourne businessman.
Secondly the website where you are required to give your credit card details online is NOT SECURE. As most travellers would be aware, the most important thing you need to look for when you're giving your card details over the Web is a small closed padlock or key symbol, usually at the bottom of the screen (sometimes the top, where the URL is). If you see this, it means your details are being encoded and travelling safely down the wire. If you don't see it, don't give your card details. It is not present on the Bali Yarravillas web site despite a vague reference to a security company.
I contacted John, the owner of the Villas, by email to respectfully provide some feedback about my experience and to try and negotiate a more reasonable surcharge fee of 2%. He was not interested and cancelled my booking. So, no I haven’t stayed at these Villas, but if that’s their attitude then I wouldn't want to.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank hula-girl2011

Boy I must have stood in something cause it stuck to my boot and can't shake it off. Our website is very clear on the Tariff page that we charge 5% for card transactions. Glad I cancelled and didn't penalise this person as imagine what would have been posted if she had stayed with us. Sorry to all reading my response but blackmail and threats of reigniting false newspaper reports to get a discount just doesn't cut it with me. All that know us know what we do for our communities both in Bali and in Australia.
Hope you enjoy Bali for the beautiful place it is and I'm glad it won't be with us as the milk might curdle.
Enjoy your life and as always, love my staff, my fantastic guests, my family and my job. John

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I recently walked upon the Bali Yarravillas while visiting some friends nearby. I had 3 days left in Bali by myself after a big group trip so just wanted somewhere quiet to stay. The apartment was great as I could relax in the lounge or use my computer on the table rather than being in a cramped hotel style room like I had been previously in legian. The location was great as it was a short walking distance to the shops and cafes & I could jump in a cab easily from the bintang supermarket when I wanted to go meet friends in central seminyak.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful and that really added to my stay.
Just wish I had of found this place earlier and booked it for entire trip instead of the awfully loud & busy hotel we ended up staying at in legian!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sophie Q
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thanks for finding us Sophie it was great to meet you. Thanks also for posting your Trip Advisor review we appreciate it so much when our guests take the time to write and post. We look forward to your next visit.
kind regards John

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at Bali Yarravillas for only 1 night as we had to alter our travel plans due to an injury which meant an additional night in Seminyak. The only room available was a 2 bedroom apartment which John, the owner, kindly gave us a special rate on as we only required 1 bedroom. The apartment was very large with a separate bedroom and a lounge/dining/kitchen area which would suit most facilities. There was excellent storage and the pool, room/s and grounds were spotlessly clean.

The room was not ready when we arrived but the staff allowed me to sit in the lounge as I needed to elevate my broken foot. The staff & management were lovely and always smiling & ensured that we had everythng we needed. The Balinese manager fielded emails between us & our insurance company deliverying correspondence as soon as it arrived. I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of the srvice we received.

The location is good, just a couple of minutes walk to the Bintang supermarket, and the staff organised our transfer to the airport in the villa's vehicle with the driver ensuring that we were delivered as close as possible to the departure area.

Our heart felt thanks to John & all the staff for their help & service during our very short stay at Bali Yarravillas.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JDUBLYA, Owner at Bali Yarra Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Hope your foot is healing well Julie!! It was our pleasure to assist you and Brian in your hour of need. Thanks so much for posting your Trip Advisor review and your wonderful praise of our business. We look forward to your speedy return which will be limp free.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family & I stayed at the villas for 5 days at the end of September. We only booked 5 days as it was our first time staying in this type of accommodation and were unsure if it would suit us. Usually we choose to stay at a hotel but as the kids are getting older ( 12 years & 14 years) we thought we would try something different. We all wish that we had booked a longer stay it was clean, relaxing & the staff were all very friendly & attentive.
There was plenty of space for us to relax & chill. The kids had a TV/ DVD player in their own bedroom as well as in the lounge & master bedroom.
The kitchen was well stocked although we only used it for light snacks, too many good cafes/ restaurants close by.My husband LOVED the fridge being stocked up with Bintang!!The 2 bathrooms were clean & well presented.The pool & gardens were well maintained & some days we had it to ourselves. Location central but "tucked away"
The staff willingly booked our restaurants & taxis. Friends have already booked the villas on our recommendation & we will definitely return next year. Highly recommeded for families & groups of friends

Room Tip: Had a look at all the apartments & hotel rooms & was impressed. They are priced to suit a v...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thanks Linda for posting your Trip Advisor review on behalf of Paul, Liam and Kate, we really appreciate you taking the time and also for your business. Of course we are extremely happy and proud that you enjoyed your stay with us as we enjoyed having you stay with us. Please hurry back to your new home in Bali.