The Akasha Villas
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$605
$432
Agoda.com
Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort(Seminyak)
$369
$270
The Samaya Bali Seminyak(Seminyak)
$560
$407
Agoda.com
Pelangi Bali Hotel(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$160
$146
  • Pool
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$220
$251
$200
$214
$182
All reviewsliving roombatu beligbedrooms villaprivate poolmini mart across the streetgladly stay here againbig villaliving and dining areaseminyak areathree bedroomamerican breakfastcanggu cluba great stayminute walk from the beachfamily vacationenjoyed our staylocation is ideal
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The villa was clean and luxurious. The staff was courteous and responsive. Amenities included a nice, small swimming pool and a jacuzzi (I never used the latter, so I can't comment on it). My room was clean, with plenty of space, a comfortable bed, plenty of lighting options, and a much-needed, very effective air conditioner. Breakfast included plenty of options and plenty of food. The cleaning staff was very effective. My only gripe (very minor) is that the TV in my room didn't seem to work, but I don't watch much TV anyway, so I never asked about it--also, there was a perfectly functional set in the villa's common room.
Things I didn't rate, and why:
Value--someone else was paying, so I can't comment.
Location--this was my only time visiting Bali, so I don't know enough to judge.
Spa--if the Akasha had one, I never used it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We recently returned from 8 nights in the 4 bedroom Royal Villa. As this was a 30th Wedding Anniversary celebration with our family we wanted a large villa with privacy not too far from Seminyak - and that is exactly what we got. Our villa was very quiet - you didn't even know there were other villas nearby.

The staff were amazing - nothing was too much trouble and they were always cheerful and welcoming.
The rooms are all very nice, though a touch of brightness with a little more colour would help enhance the rooms. The bathrooms were all lovely and spacious with plenty of space for two. A few more coathangers in the wardrobes and hairdryers in the bathrooms would be ideal. But when we asked for hairdryers, an iron and ironing board we were quickly given them.
The one way shuttle was excellent and nearly always available - taxis are cheap so on the odd occasion if you need to use one it is not a problem.
We all had wonderful massages from the Akasha Spa - more expensive than the ones nearby - but luxury under the open air Bale.
There are 2 money changers and 2 mini marts a couple of minutes away which was really handy.
Naughty Nuris is a must - fantastic ribs and wondeful Tuna steaks and 5 minutes walk.
A few small points that could be improved upon -
Breakfast - a few specials would be good - especially when you are there for more than a few days.
Staff need to ensure all food is hot for guests - we did have a small problem on day 1 but our Butlers (Kardek & Winda & Asst. Manager Suni) ensured that breakfast was great from then on.
Paper napkins for breakfast (instead of tissues).
Extra toilet rolls in the bathrooms and an extra towel (I asked and got one) is nicer.
All in all a great stay with staff who care - we hope to be back next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CAG63
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Akasha private beach villas are located on the quieter side of Seminyak, about a 10 minute car-ride away from the more commercialised side of Seminyak Square, where all the main boutiques, shops, cafes and restaurants, etc are located.
We stayed in the 3 bedroom villa and the rooms are simple and spacious, though on the spartan side. The two main villas come with a queen's bed while the smaller villa has two single beds.
The pool of a good size is in the middle of the garden area though kids under the age of say 2 or 3 will require close supervision as the depth is about a metre or so.
The common living room is huge and come with generous sofa seatings, the standard flat screen, dvd, dock, etc while the kitchen and dining is adequate with microoven, cutleries and utensils and the dining table is enough to seat a party of 8-10 persons.

The pros-
-daily groceries well taken care of with two supermarkets nearby.
-daily complementary tea-breaks with an assortment of cakes and pastries.
-free transport to the main Seminyak area but do note it is only for one way.
-helpful and caring staff who will go out of their way to accomodate all your requests.
-a short 5 minute walk away, there is Naughty Nuri's, arguably one of the best barbecue joints in the Seminyak area. Forget about their local dishes but instead go for the barbecue ribs and the tuna steak! Its simply irresistible! Also try and avoid the normal lunch and dinner hours as the joint is virtually packed and it will take awhile before food can be served.
-a few massage joints are to be found a few shops away from Nuri's, that provide cheap and reasonably good head, foot and body massages. I mean seriously what's there not to be good when you are only paying slightly less than usd6 for an hour's massage?

The cons-
-our main gripe was that being surrounded by trees and greenery, there were mozzies everywhere to make our stay comfortable. Despite the abundance of mosquitoe coils and repellant, we were bitten practically everywhere in the living room, in the villa rooms, in the shower which by the way is half open air-concept, by the pool area, etc. There is simply no escape and this is one main issue Akasha management must look into.
-free wi-fi is consistently unstable and keep dying from time to time.
-breakfast selection is pretty limited and maybe a bigger portion will be appreciated. Say a tiny single piece of bacon or a sausage is certainly not many people's idea of an American breakfast?
-the shower room is spacious and nice but there just isn't enough hooks to hang our clothes? Beside a single hook in the shower cubicle, the shower room was in a mess as our dirty clothings, wet clothings were lying everywhere on the floor, on the bath-tub, on the tap in the open air shower, etc.. Simply, anywhere we can lay it out.
-the beach is just a short walk away, but i'm not sure why it is called Akasha private beach cos the beach is virtually open to everyone. On the day we were there, there was even this bloke at the entry point charging a fee on all motor-bikers heading for the beach. Incidentally, the beach is dirty and poorly maintained and certainly not one where we look forward to.
-power supply is erratic and prone to breakdown. In one of the nights where it broke down twice, i was caught off guard and stranded in total darkness while in the midst of my shower, while the rest of the lads were having their drinks by the pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jshang
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I went there for a bachelor party with my friends. We stayed at the 3 bedrooms villas for 2 nights over the weekend. Overall the interior is nice. It was composed of 3 small houses (the living room - house, the master bedroom - house, and master & twin rooms house). It has a pool in the garden that u can use, a parking spot fit for one car, free breakfast (freshly made every morning at your kitchen)

It's a nice place to throw a small party (10 peops) since it has its own kitchen, refrigerator, glasses (wine & shots), pans, water dispenser, long wood table, and other cutleries.
about the amenities, they don't have hairdryer inside the villas, so u have to call the housekeeping.
They only provide each room a pair of towels,sandals,toothbrush, etc (very basic). Warning: they don't spare extra toilet tissues ready in house. I was out of tissues and have to call the operator in the middle of night asking for toilet tissues and napkins. also, since it's on villa and it;s on BALI, don't be surprised to find some animals at your rooms such as mosquitoes, mini spiders, and birds (yeap! got a bird inside my room)

Overall it's one of nice villas in Seminyak area. It;s definitely a new, clean, modern wooden villa not an old, hay roof made, dirty villa. the location is nice, it's near beach also near the famous Nuri's Indonesian Pork Ribs, seminyak branch.

About the service, I was disappointed with the miscommunication that the staffs had which ruined my breakfast. Me and my friends (stay at villas 8) ordered a very specific breakfast (eggs n pancakes) a day before for the next day breakfast. But, turn out, in the next morning, they only serve cold breakfast (cereal and bread). The villa staff told us that the other villa (our other friends) requested cereals for "all of them". The staffs mistaken the word "all of them" as the whole guests who stays in the other villa. As we have an early noon flight, we don't have time for them preparing our warm eggs and pancakes.

About the price and deposits, I don;t really know the detail as it's my friend who arranged the trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
theakashabali, General Manager at The Akasha Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

First of all, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback to The Akasha Villas.
Most of our guests chosen as they come in small group with their family or friends or business partners. We provide full of privacy and facility for our guests who would like to have small meeting while on holiday or birthday celebration or wedding anniversary or small wedding reception, celebrate special occasion, family or friends gathering. We can also arrange a private BBQ dinner and cocktail party in the villa . Each of our villa has pantry to keep all the villa amenities. Our 24 hours butler services will be happy to assist our guests during stay.

We always maintain and keep our villa and garden green, clean and lush. Sometime our guests find some butterfly or bird singing in the morning.

Yes, we are only 5 minutes walk to Naughty Nuris and new Mosaic Beach Club is also 10 minutes walk from our villa.

We are sorry regarding miscommunication about breakfast on your last day. We had double check to our staff regarding the breakfast order, apparently your friends who stayed in second villa requested to change it . But our apologize that our staff did not confirm back to you prior to confirm the second breakfast order. This will be a highlight for our butlers to improve their services to our guests.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We hope to see you again at The Akasha

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is the first time I have ever written a review but I felt I had to warn people. I booked a 1 bedroom villa/ 2 people for 4 nights via booking.com at a discounted price as advertised by the site. A day later, the villa sent me an email saying the villa was full and requested for a deposit of one night stay to be paid by a bank transfer into their account. Luckily I refused and told them that I would settle the bills when I got there – they called me twice about the same thing which I thought it was a bit odd. I checked the booking confirmation and found out that Akasha Villa changed the rate after I had booked and imposed a charge of US$4,500 for the final night which brought the total up to US$6,100!! They didn’t mention this when they called me and it definitely wasn’t the rate that I agreed to pay when made a reservation.

This is insane, it’s Bali and a 5 star hotel next door would not charge that much for a 4 night stay at their luxury pool suite. The villa confirmed that was the correct rate / currency but couldn’t give me a valid reason why they would charge me an $4,500 per night – a RIP OFF!! I told them I wanted to cancel but no action was taken. I called the villa several times but the manager was never available and had no decency to return my calls to resolve the issues. I reported this to Booking.com although they were really helpful and trying to sort it out but also had difficulty in dealing with them too. Akasha Villa never confirmed my cancellation and later on I received an email saying that as a "no show" I would be charged for one night stay - I was furious!! It’s a total CON!! I believe this is a scam to make money and there’s no chance in hell that they would get a penny from me. They have caused me a lot of hassles, ruined my experience and we had to find somewhere else to stay at the very last minute. This happened a couple of weeks ago and I would not recommend this villa to anyone.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Candy C
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your input to The Akasha Villas Bali. Since this just happened, please let us explain and refresh about your booking. We have received your booking made via booking.com on May 15, 2012 for the period of May 31 – June 4, 2012 total 4 nights with rate, 31 may : USD399, 1 - 2 june : US$650, 3 june US$4,500. Hence June 3, 2012 , all our villas are fully booked, so we increased our price to US$4,500 just for June 3, 2012 to avoid people making reservation. Since we have a special agreement with booking.com, we are not allowed to close any availability even we are fully booked. So the option was to increase the price high to avoid guest making a booking. On the other hand, if we received a booking, we have to upgrade to other luxury villas with some benefits that we have to offer.
We had call you twice and sent email when we had received your reservation as we were very surprise that you made a booking though with this rate. We have clarified that you are sure to take this booking and agree for the such high rate that we published online and you said yes. Then we upgraded your villa, provided you with VIP arrival service, full time butler including car and driver that you can use during your stay. We required 1 night deposit because we would like to make sure the booking is still definite as we can not process the credit card without it is swiped on our machine. But you said that the booking is definite and you will pay cash on arrival by mentioning specific amount of US$6,100.
But when we received your call few days before your arrival, you explain that you thought the rate was in HK$ not USD. All internet shoppers should aware before they purchase something. We believe Booking.com offers friendly booking system and quite easy to understand.
At the end you have revised your booking to 1 night May 31 – June 1, 2012 cost at US$399. But you did not show up to our villa and we did Not charge you anything.