“A peaceful gem in paradise”

New Pondok Sara Villa
Ranked #99 of 417 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
“A peaceful gem in paradise”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from 9 nights here at the villas. Our two bedroom pool villa was spacious and lovely and we got a great deal on booking.com. I like the traditional Balinese feel of the villas and all staff are so very kind, always there to help! As previous reviews I would have to agree with slippery tiles in the kitchen please be aware thongs and tiles don't go lol on many occasions I nearly went for a ride. I would also have to agree and say id prefer the tv in the bedroom although the villas supply wifi so I just used my phone of a night. Breakfast was lovely it was nice to have something other than buffet as iv had previous trips. The juices are delicious ! Our pool was huge and deep. Iv heard that the one bedroom villas have small plunge pools so id recommend booking the two bedroom. The large communal pool is lovely and regularly cleaned so we found we utilised this pool also and had cocktails in the sun. It was very quiet at the villas so we had this pool to ourselves as well. Yoman took us on a tour to uluwatu which we thoroughly enjoyed. It's a nice stroll to the shops and massage/ beauty salons perfect for those who ride bikes. Taxis are easy to flag down but it takes a bit to get around due to the bumper traffic and one way streets. Bedding and towels were changed daily and rooms cleaned which was a nice extra although the linen I feel may need a upgrade as most had stains. The bath towels are small in size but the beach towels are great! I would recommend to others and can not thank the staff enough xx

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank shezazle23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Twelve people all different ages from 10 to 48 years of age, we all loved our villas and gardens and pool areas, everyone wished for the tv to be in the bedroom, I liked it outside, when it rained you couldn't hear the tv so you then compete with your neighbours volumes as well, kinda of funny really, Arjuna street is the first main street you get to when walking out of the villas, its kinda dead and lacks appeal for shopping, if you go right you hit the beach which has some great places to have a drink and eat at and watch the sunset. Breakfast is OK, I prefer Buffet breakfast myself, staff are brilliant and the cleaning staff did a great job, we had a two connecting villas and this was great for our 10 & 15 year old, I loved the open space and décor but the slippery white tiles made four off us slip over within the first 2 days, it was raining a lot and slipping all over Legian/Kuta is part of the norm....you get better at it(balancing like Mr Bean) The large fridge is perfect and i loved the outdoor bathrooms but you can hear your neighbours!! We enjoyed our stay but I probably would not stay again as I thought the area lacked appeal for our crowd, getting anywhere in a taxi is a nightmare, if you ride a bike its perfect.

Room Tip: The two bedroom villa is the way to go with families with teenager children say ten years and up. T...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank nene66
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Out family trip to bali was sometime in July this year(2013). When we opened the wooden carved door to ou villa, we were greeted with such an refreshing sight of a mini garden and the sound of water from the private pool inside. The villa was very clean with so many kitchen and bathroom amenities for such a reasonable price. The bed is a Super King size so it's really big.
But apart from the amazing layout and price, we give our highest compliments to the staff. They were very empathetic and accomodating. On the day of our arrival, my daughter had accidently left one of our suitcase at the airport. We only realized it during check-in. Since it contained all the baby stuff for our 7- month old , my husband decided to go backto the airport and search for it. Being very understanding, the Staff Supervisor invited me in with the baby to the room first even though we haven't completed the check-in process. The rest of the staff brought our luggage in and another brought a cold, refreshing Tamarind drink but quickly change it to Orange Juice after knowing I was breastfeeding ( thy believe tamarind juice will dehydrate the breast milk). The staff tried calming me down with smiles and small talk. It was very kind and I dont think We have ever been treated like that at any hotels or resorts we go ever visited. Good news we found our luggage at the Custom and for the rest of our 5 days trip , the villa, the breakfasts served in our rooms and especially the staff of the villa really made our trip memorable. We gave them big tips because they really deserve it. We hope you will have the same wonderful experience at the villa and with the people working there as we had. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Corner villa is private and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Euroa, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The positives of this place are.
Great location midway down double six close to resteraunts, beach, massage, shop etc.
The staff, in particular Jenny on reception are brilliant. Sweet , friendly, polite and kind. Any request, is responded quickly and with typical Balinese charm.
The Villas are nicely, decked out, new, clean and have good amenities. Also the main pool is beautiful and a nice place to catch some sun and have a decent swim.
Breakfast is included, and if you forget to let them know, what you want they will hunt you down all day every day, in a nice kind of way, which made us laugh, as the staff are only trying to do the right thing by you. Generally, we would order when we woke and were ready, and it never was a problem
Some small negatives, in which are only my opinion,
Kitchen , living room areas are open, and can be bombarded by bugs, if lights are on. This didn't happen every night, and it is, monsoon, so maybe a rare occurrence , however, some sort of control may assist. Maybe a bug zapper.
The villas have good size flat screen TVs, however to hear them, they have to be turned up. The acoustics of the TVs are poor, so because each villa is close by, and if your neighbors have their TV on, it Blears into your room. A remedy might be from the owners to install some better quality speakers to avoid this, as it can be quite rowdy.
Other than that a very pleasant stay, and for the money excellent value.
If my negative comments don't worry you, by all means you'll enjoy Pondok Sara Villa

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Tony W
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We booked a one bedroom villa, but due to passport expiry had to postpone twice. Staff were very accommodating. We had two children with us and organised for one extra bed while the smaller child shared with my husband and I in the super king sized bed. It is monsoon season at the moment, but when raining it did not seem to enter the open air living area. Breakfast was delivered in a timely manner, with everything hot. Room cleaned daily. Staff friendly. Location fantastic, and with a short walk to the beach we found it very good value for money.

Room Tip: There is a big price difference between the one and two bedroom villa. Don't recommend if you ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Perth
Reviewed December 1, 2013

3 guys going on holiday needing a pad in Seminyak: I booked a two bedroom villa with pool on booking.com for what I thought was a very reasonable rate. We checked in late at night and were greeted by the usual friendly Balinese hotel staff.

The villa consisted of a large open air living area with two connecting large bedrooms. One bedroom had a king size bed and the other had two twin singles. There was two massive ensuite bathrooms with toilets. The showers were not a standard "Western" shower. They were made of stone tiles and the shower head was a large concrete frog from which the water cascaded down like a water fall rather than a spraying shower-head. The base of a shower also doubled as a large roman bath.

The bedrooms were very nice with new wooden floors and traditional wooden ceiling. There is a split system air con in each bedroom which worked a treat. Guests must remember to keep doors to bedrooms closed because of mozzies. Beds were comfortable with clean linen but I found pillows uncomfortable ie too high (if you know what I mean).

Our private pool was very big and definitely larger than your average plunge pool. It was also made of stone tiles and there was a large Hindu statue water fountain at the end. Pool was clean and temperature not too hot or cold. Gardens around the pool were beautiful and nicely maintained.

If you are the type that likes to be inside away from the bugs and the open air...then this might not be for you except you can sit in your bedroom to hang out but there is only a TV in the outside area. We liked the open area to socialise and mozzies didn't bother us much.

The communal pool area was pretty average if Im honest. It was rarely used and looked a bit dirty. The pool bar was still under construction. None of this bothered us as we preferred to use our private pool anyway.

Double Six is a great area as there is enough to keep things interesting but not too hectic. If you turn right and follow road to the end you will find the beach with heaps of bars incl cocoon and crystal palace. The first night we made the mistake of stopping at a seedy bar called La Vida D Loco in which were greeted by Lady Boys and Working Girls...didn't stay long.

Overall good stay and would stay again. Did see the smaller villas at the complex and they were no where near as nice. So I would only stay here if you are looking for a large 2 bedroom villa.

Room Tip: Only stay in a 2 bedroom pool villa
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrAlbion
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Spacious with separate living room, dining room, toilet and bedroom.
We were upgraded to pool villa, however, that was after few requests. The check-in staff initially refused to upgrade us because she said they never do that. I just said I read reviews that there were people who were upgraded even without requesting it, then she finally agreed. My opinion is I am Asian and looks like local Indonesian.

Good:

Spacious
Have kitchen/cooking utensils
Fast housekeeping/in room dining
Breakfast delivered in our dining table
Close to everything
Unique bathtub concept

Not good:
We have 3 different keys for gate padlock, to bedroom and to toilet. We always spend a lot of time opening each lock/door
There were lots of mango flowers all over the pool, sides of bathtub, living room
Mosquitoes... we're always rushing to get into the bedroom and close the door
No TV inside the bedroom, we normally watch to sleep
I dont like the paint of the furniture, looks like moldy
Noisy doors