Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$33
Booking.com$33
CheapTickets$30
Hotels.com$30
Travelocity$30
Trip.com$48
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed here with two friends, and as we arrived it already looked worn out.
Everything in the room was old, from the fridge to the rug on the floor. The shower worked poorly and broke after a minute. When we told the reception, they came back with glue. When that didn't work, they taped the shower head to the pipes, so everytime we took a shower, we could hardly reach the water (which was a little stream) and the whole bathroom was soaked.
The pools are disgusting and no one ever goes into the water. We left earlier than booked, cause we just couldnt take it anymore.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2011

It is true what some of the other reviews say, the villas are a little tired as indeed are the two pools, however this did not detract from our enjoyment of the place. On the upside the villas are huge, everything works fine, the staff are very friendly and accomodating, the location is quiet and convenient and the price very reasonable. In particular the cleaning team are very efficient and very smiley!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Too old, long time no maintenance, impossible to lock the room and some bugs always around.needs refurbish urgently!

Reviewed February 25, 2011

We booked bungalow No. 23 through Pondok Sara's website for five days, however we stayed only one night and decided to leave. Even we left the hotel without a prior notice, the receptionist asked us to pay only for one night. The room rate was approximately 35 Euro which is OK for Seminyak.
The hotel is at the end of a small dead end street close to some other quite big hotels. It is located in quiet and even isolated part of Seminyak.
The beach is 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel. If you've been to other parts of Bali you'll not be impressed by the beach because it is crowded and very noisy. There are screaming and running people everywhere and it is almost impossible to have a relaxing holiday there. But if you are there for water sports, I guess that Seminyak is a perfect place.
The hotel seemed quite neglected. The swimming pool was very small and didn't look very clean. The bungalow itself was neglected too but seemed clean. It was surrounded by a three meter high wall which didn't let light into the yard. This was very depressing. The bed seemed very old and the AC didn't work properly. The bathroom was a typical Bali style bathroom but looked very shabby.
If you are looking for a relaxing and quiet holiday I definitely will not recommend Pondok Sara and Seminyak.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

An Italian traveller let me in on the Pondok Sara secret back in Jan 2007 and I swore I would one day return to stay. I knew I was staying in the right place when I woke up after my first night to the sound of another guest playing what I think was a ukelele. Although I was travelling solo this time and it is slightly off the beaten track (off Double Six) I at no time felt unsafe returning to my accommodation late at night. The staff were wonderful and welcoming, particularly the gentleman on the front desk. The bungalow (no. 8) was spacious and cleaned impeccably each day. If you're someone who likes to steer away from the hum-drum of large hotel complexes where you could be anywhere in the world then Pondok Sara is the place.

Date of stay: July 2010