“We were well looked after and had a fantastic stay at Chandra” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chandra Luxury Villas Bali

Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
“We were well looked after and had a fantastic stay at Chandra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We had a fantastic stay at Chsndra and would definately recommend. We travelled with 2 teenage girls and the 2 bedroom villa was very spacious and suited us perfectly. The rooms very lovely and the beds and pillows super comfortable. Lots of good night sleep!!! Bathrooms also huge and well equipped.

The location was excellent, just a short stroll to the beach / Ku De Ta in in direction and the centre if town in the other. Very happy with location.

The staff were probably the best part of our stay. Always welcoming, friendly and accommodating. Our breakfast was delicious every morning and there was generally always a mini can and driver available for a lift if we needed to go a little further afield.

Would recommend Chandra to families or groups. Really great and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank THEFABULOUSVICTORS

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a difficult review to write as the villa itself is amazing but the issues we had during our check in and during our stay make me question whether I would return here.

CONS -
Upon booking we were requester to pay a 35% deposit and the balance upon check in. I was given bank details to transfer and never received confirmation or receipt until I followed up. I attempted to use Maestro to pay my balance when checking in and was told it was not possible. I was give the option of credit card which attracts a 2% fee or cash. My balance was $1560 AUD but when they used their exchange rate this came out at $1615 AUD (+ 2%). I asked if I could transfer the balance the same way I paid the deposit and was advised they have closed their Australian account so unless I wanted to withdraw over 17,000,000 rp from the bank I had no option but to cop the fee. Had this been made clearer in the initial booking documentation I could have bought cash. I appreciate this is not the staff of Chandra's fault however I asked on several occasions to see the manager who never appeared. On the night before we left the receptionist told me the manager could see me at 10am the next morning but as that the day we were checking out I said not to bother.
My next problem came when I tried to book transportation to our next hotel. With my initial booking I asked for a price which came back at $25 USD. When I tried to arrange it with Chandra's reception they told me it would cost 420,000 rp (including tax). When I showed them my email they responded by saying the person that sent the email no longer works for 8Hotels. After a call to the manager and much negotiation they agreed to the price I was initially quoted as long as I paid the 21% tax on top.
After reading reviews from previous guests of Chandra I emailed prior to arriving requesting a room not to far from reception and with a pool that gets lots of sun. We ended up in villa 3A. Hardly any sun and about as far from reception as you can get.
The air conditioning in the second bedroom hardly worked and after several visits from the maintenance man he said he did the best he can but the unit was old and not powerful enough. I read from other guests that stayed last year in the same villa that they has the same concerns and yet 6 months on nothing has been done to fix it.
Although there are large flat screens in both bedrooms there was no tv in the main living room meaning at night if we wanted to watch a DVD or TV we had to do it in the bedroom separately

PROS -
The villa itself was lovely. We are a family of 3 and had plenty of space but if you had four adults who wanted to lie in the sun you would be fighting over the one double lounge available.
Evi who cooked our breakfast and cleaned our room was lovely. She did an excellent job and was done quite quickly.
The pool man comes in daily to make sure the pool and garden are clean.
At night someone comes in to tidy, put out mosquito coils and turn down the bed.
The massage we had in the villa was amazing! I have had many massages in Bali and this was by far the best ever! Unlike most in room/villa massages she bought a proper table as opposed to doing it in the bed.
Compared to other Seminyak villas, Chandra is quite close to the beach (the map is a bit deceptive as you have to walk down the lane behind Oberoi for a about 10 mins) and about 15-20mins walk to Seminyak Square. The free shuttle is very handy as the lane way is full of bikes and cars and can be daunting!
There is no food available other than breakfast but in the villa there are several menus from great restaurants that will deliver for the equivalent of $3. The menus don't state it but all prices are then plus tax.

Having been to Bali about 20 times I know that there will always be issues along the way and I also know there is an abundance of hotels and villas to choose from. My husband is keen to stay at Chandra again yet I am undecided....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MrsHand3121
Seeds-HM, Manager at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear MrsHand3121,

First and foremost thank you for giving us your feedback and Please kindly accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had to go through.

It was an unfortunate situation that we had the transition period from the former management team of 8hotels with the new one. We understand that it should not be a reason to have our service level down.

The comment that you raised were shared with the villa team, and we are currently fixing our tree trimming programs so we can have the best of sun exposure in that particular villa.

In closing, thank you for taking the time to review us. We are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our guest’s requirements and we do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Chandra Villas again.

Best wishes,
Fandy Irawan
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Have just returned from 9 nights at Chandra Villas staying in a 2 bedroom villa and can absolutely recommend them for their location, quality of accommodation and service. In short, they delivered on everything we expected and if there was ever any (small) issues they were dealt with straight away. Nothing was a problem, accommodation was great quality and importantly private, clean and comfortable. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MrFrase
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We were blessed to find Chandra Luxury Villas! What a property. We travelled in a family group and organised both a 3 bedroom (Villa 3) and 2 bedroom (Villa 3a). Our package included airport transfers; welcome drink; breakfast daily; and a complimentary massage. The villas themselves are simply amazing. Each room is huge and has its own bathroom. No kidding - each room and bathroom is bigger than my house in Sydney! The staff from security, reception and room attendants were all fantastic and couldn't be faulted whatsoever. The breakfast every morning was delicious, especially the pancakes.

The location is away from the hustle and bustle of Seminyak but only a 5 minute walk away - perfect. The beach is also really close (cut through KuDeTa to access the beach). This was my first trip to Bali and I felt absolutely safe the entire time whilst at Chandra.

I would highly recommend Chandra to anyone looking to go to Bali - you will not be disappointed.

Also the complimentary Balinese massage was fabulous.

Room Tip: I think any villa at Chandra would be fantastic!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

We will be back to this little sanctuary down the lane way! Been to Bali many times but this was the best accommodation so far. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and body works spa. Also a quick walk to KuDeTa!! Immaculate presentation, amazing pool and wonderful staff. Loved it!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ilovesugar
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom villa via GroupOn and were wowed by this place. So how was it? Fabulous!

Location: You can walk to the main shopping area (about 10 minutes) but it's so damn hot, it's easier to to get a cab or the resort's mini bus (if available). A cab ride shouldn't be more than 50,000 rupiah (about AU$4.50).
Everything is close - KuDeTa, PotatoHead, restaurants (highly recommend the new restaurant upstairs at KuDeTa - I've eaten at hatted restaurants and the food here is of that standard), shopping, day spas (go to Bodyworks - spent 4 hours there on day 1 and it set me up for the rest of the holiday!).

Staff: Again, wonderful. From the breakfasts to the reception supplying my husband with sunburn cream. Friendly and lovely.

Villa: see the photos :) Absolutely no complaints. It was quiet yet close to everything. The staff even brought us through some pool floaties - a little boat and a froggy! And we have no kids! If I'm going to be super picky, the air con could do with replacing. It wasn't quite cold enough. But that's it. I can't think of a single other thing. It's all very private with high walls around each villa.

The pool was heaven to jump into after a day out in the heat.

We had 5 nights here but wished we'd booked longer!

Room Tip: Peeking through the doors of villas on our way through, they all look amazing. You'd be hard pre...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tistybus
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Can't say enough good things about Chandra. Villas were massive, immaculately clean, gorgeous outdoor bathrooms, wonderful staff, great location, super-comfortable beds...the list goes on. Was hesitant to write this review as we don't want to the place to be booked out next year when we go! Thanks for a very memorable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends