Here's what we love about the Chandra...... You can tell Larry what kind of holiday experience you are looking for and the team will do their best to accommodate you, the whole range of 'pamper' to 'privacy' available to you. We fall, in the main, into the privacy category and the Chandra was able to effortlessly facilitate this; housekeeping when we weren't there, or very brief when we were, breakfasts without all the 'fuss' (which we know a lot of people love but make us uncomfortable), quick, simple and efficient service to our requests for anything, completely respecting our desire for sanctuary... But then, when I asked for an iron on the last night, within 10 mins, the whole ironing board was set up next to a 'mood light' without a noise, I think in respect for my grief of leaving!
Thank you so much for allowing us to feel like it was our home.
I had some communication with Larry before we arrived, and I asked some odd questions. He answered all, with helpful advice and answers and seemed genuinely wanting to help me have the holiday that I want. I like him, although I don't know him at all. I asked for the fridge to be filled with beer and some soft drinks. Larry responded as though this was a completely regular request (doubt that most couples ask for a whole carton of beer for a week, but....). What a joy for me to see my husband's face when he opened the fridge when we arrived! Paid little, if anything extra for this service than if I'd gone to the supermarket myself.
We love the Chandra for couples. The extra bedroom becomes like a theatre room and is a sanctuary within a sanctuary.
Initially, we thought that the location was a downfall. How to say this....? You get what you pay for in Bali and Chandra is right on price. Want to stay on beautiful Oberoi beachside in a pool villa? Well, pay $1000 plus per night per couple. It is what it is. We're from Australia and (forgive me) but the whole staying on the beach thing is a little overrated, unless you're on a beautiful beach. And there are very few of these. We have stayed at the Oberoi twice, absolutely gorgeous, but I'd choose the Chandra for the accommodation anytime.
We are not walking people. So we caught taxis to Seminyak Square (2 mins away) and beyond. No drama at all. Just go to reception and a taxi there within minutes. Yes, if free, the Chandra van will take you, but not a drama if not. We also found a way to Laksmana (sort of the back way) that led to Soho's in under 10 mins and was a very pleasant walk, lots of shade. Take it from lazy people, location here isn't a problem unless you want absolute beachfront (and then you're looking at an entirely different price range for what you get here).
Even though we are not demonstrative in any way (!), I felt and continue to feel such affection for the staff at the Chandra. The professionalism but the genuine warmth. One morning, my husband and i were going on different day trips and he inadvertently took my driver, taking him to a Batik lesson. Certainly not where he wanted to go, When ''my" driver failed to turn up and Ayu and I worked out what had happened, it was joy joy joy to see her shoulders shaking with laughter as she tried to rectify the situation for me, still maintaining more professionalism that I generally see her in Aus. I smile to think of it, just as I do to think about how I'd made a casual remark about shopping for my daughter's shoes, to be greeted with, 'how did you go?' upon my return.
The Chandra's accommodation is fine, if not great. The service.... Been to 6 continents, haven't seen better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Villas in Seminyak. Situated in the Oberoi area of Seminyak, north of Legian, our two and three-bedroom villas represent the very best in luxury holiday accommodation. You’ll enjoy the independence of your own exquisitely decorated home and the easy-living convenience of maid service, with chef on demand. Relax by your private pool or stroll to any of the local beaches – Seminyak, Petitenget, Gado-Gado or Kudeta.If you’ve been yearning for a Bali villa holiday, Chandra will bring your dream to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chandra Luxury Villas Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chandra Luxury Villas Bali - By 8 Hotel Seminyak
- Chandra Luxury Villas Bali Seminyak