“Wonderful luxurious Villa and very quiet”

Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
Queenstown NZ & Perth Western Australia
“Wonderful luxurious Villa and very quiet”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I spent a week at Chandra Villa in Seminyak with my brother over christmas. We had a 2 bedroom Villa with our own pool. The bedrooms are both huge, contemporary and fabulous....each with its own outdoor bathroom....so there was no fighting over who got the best room! Location was good but walking distance to ku de ta and grocer and grind was further than I thought.....via laneways. This on the plus side meant it was lovely and quiet but because it was so hot and humid [being the wet season], I got very hot walking to these places. Chandra will drop you around Seminyak if the vehicle is available. Staff were lovely and breakfast that was cooked for us each morning was better than other Seminyak Villa's I've booked. Will definately return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen P
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Hello Karen P,

Thank you for taking the time after your stay at Chandra Luxury Villas, part of 8Hotels, to write a review about your accommodation experience.

Christmas is one of 2 peak periods in Bali and you can feel that buzz in the air that goes along with the holidays. Chandra’s 3 bedroom villas are reserved nearly a year in advance and the 2 bedrooms are almost as popular. The 2 bedrooms are located at the back of the property and are very private. You are right, the bedrooms are a mirrored image of each other but you forgot to mention the large walk in closets…just thought enquiring guests may want to know. Other notable characteristics are the deep pool and running water sculptures - the sound of running water is so tranquil it is hard not to relax.

Geographically, Chandra is very close to the beach but due to unorganised Seminyaks streets and laneways (they are getting better), guests have to walk for about 10 minutes to get to Seminyak beach. Chandra has two vehicles onsite that are used for complimentary airport transfers and drop off around Seminyak. Worst case scenario, a taxi to the beach would cost less than USD 1. Grocer and Grind is little further away but well worth it when you get there. Well, I think the fresh produce is worth the walk but the prepared food at Grocer and Grind is average. Chandra’s breakfast is definitely not average. The presentation is fantastic; the intricate ways they slice the local fruit and innovative ways the food is presented…smiley faced eggs and strawberry covered pancakes are personal favourites.

We hope to welcome you back soon to Chandra Luxury Villas and please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of Chandra's management team if you have any questions - we are always happy to help.

Warm regards,

Larry Mullett

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Excellent service communication and care from start to finish!.,
Thankyou in particular to Larry for the initial care with booking and checking out which Villa would suit my mother’s needs. All the staff were fantastic and nothing was too much trouble from security to reception to the grounds staff and then of course our own personal villa manager Gede. I particularly loved the way one person was in charge of our Villa for the entire two weeks (except for his days off and even then we were still very well looked after) I would love to point out a negative even in the slightest way ...but there isn’t one. Gede was our Villa manager, cook, cleaner, friend, but as I spoke to other guests I came to realise that everyone has a “Gede” looking after them.
We were there at the busiest time of the year and if a taxi couldn’t be ordered, if the Chandra car was available they were happy to transport us to areas outside their areas and if not security would go out to main road to get a taxi for us. (Definitely over and beyond)
I must also mention only because of the news with a unfortunate villa incident that this would be unable to happen at Chandra because they have 24 hour security.,.,.(to the extent that my massage lady would have to leave her license with them on arrival)
The fact that we had unlimited pure water also meant that Bali belly was not a problem and Breakfast was just like everything else just perfect!
Our Stay was definitely made more special by the staff at Chandra!
I will definitely be coming back! If anyone wants to request any further details I am happy to answer their questions.

Thanks to everyone
Deb

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 9 which was good because we had taken my mother that has a walking disability..Al...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Hello Debra P,

I first must add that you were a delight to work with and because you knew exactly what you were looking for in a holiday accommodation, it made it easy for me to find the villa that best suit your needs. The more you research and can anticipate, the less you have to worry about during your vacation - Bali is the perfect place for many activities but worrying isn't one of them.

The Holiday Season is very busy at Chandra and around the island but you would think it was just another regular day for the staff. Their ability to accommodate so many guests, with no hesitation and with smiles on their faces is commendable. When asked by enquiring guests, "What sets Chandra apart from the other villas in Seminyak and why is our rate sometimes higher than our neighbours?", the first thought that pops into me head is "after one night at Chandra they will know why." For a few extra dollars, you will turn just another annual holiday into memories that will last a lifetime.

The safety of our guests is of the upmost importance. Even I have my car checked when entering the villa. Our 4 security guards are friendly, approachable yet take their jobs very seriously. They are also an extension of the reception team and can help in any capacity after 11 PM once the reception desk is closed.

I love your description of the butlers as “Personal Villa Managers” because that is exactly what they are. Their level of service is a big reason why Chandra is a luxury property.

Warm Regards,

Larry
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Traveeling as a couple, we stayed at Chandra Villa in Seminyak Bali in December 2012 after an exhasting trip around south east Asia ..Our intention was to relax and unwind before flight back home to UK.

We stayed in Villa 8 which was a 3 bedrood villa the only one left when booking.

The villa woul be perfect for a family or a group of friends. It was slightly to big for us as we did not use the extra bedrooms.

We definately got to unwind..the staff looked after our every request.

The rooms were clean and well maintained.

Every evening the staff would come and light mosqito coils and spary the rooms. Fogging of the gardens happens regulary also.

One person is asigned to look after your villa. We had M D who was superb and looked after us briliantly.

MD made breakfast for us in the morning at the time we requested, then quietly tided up the villa with minimal disruption to us.

The receptionist was able to help us with info on the local area and provide transport if required.

Food can be ordered in via recpetion from outside restaurants.

Really great stay and would love to come back one day.

The value of the villa would have been better if more people had been in our party.

Room Tip: Villa 8 has 3 double bedrooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Karratha, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have just returned from two weeks at Chandra and had the most amazing time. Everything about the villas is exceptional. Our villa was wonderful and extremely well kept by all the staff from the gardener, pool cleaner and Arya who cooked our breakfast and then cleaned our villa everyday. Arya is very passionate about his job and it is clearly evident by his attention to detail every day and the quality of his work. His breakfasts were something we all looked forward to as he would surprise us with a little something extra. Carved fruits, smiley faces and cooking my sons' asian noodles just the way he liked them. He also very patiently showed me how to make the animal towels on the bed. Thank you Arya for everything. We miss your smiling happy face every day. The lovely ladies at reception were also outstanding. They greeted us every day when we left and when we returned always enquiring about our day and if they could help with tomorrow. They always reminded me of pick up times, tour details, a bit like having a personal assistant. Thank you ladies, couldn't have done it without you. Wayan our lovely very patient, always smiling driver is also someone we would love to thank. From picking us up at the airport to dropping us back there and everything in between you were very kind. In particular thank you for dropping us to Bali Clinic two days in a row when the children needed medication and stitches etc. Not something we were planning on. Thank you to all the staff, you were great. I also want to thank you for my sons' birthday cake and "Happy Birthday" song, I could go on and on but I'm going to say "JUST DO IT", This is a great place with great service, staff, location and Larry who will help you to organize everything. Can't wait to be back in late 2013.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hello looknforthedream,

I'm not sure where to start, I'm so overwhelmed but your beautiful review. I hope your children have recovered and there injuries were not serious.

I guess I should first say thank you for singling out Arya. His professionalism and kind heart is a combination desired by every employer and the Chandra team is very fortunate to have him on board. Arya is the perfect example of why Bali's popularity is growing every year (an expected 10% increase in 2013), it's the people, not the weather that make it one of the best places on earth.

Chandra's reception team are more like personal assistants than receptionists. All the women have their finger on the pulse of what's happening, not just at Chandra but all over Seminyak. Their knowledge and attention to detail amazes me and as I'm based in Sydney, I rely on them more than they know.

Wayan is a new addition to the team. He has been employed now as Chandra's driver for the past 2 months but has a commercial transport background so his knowledge of Bali streets is extensive. I also had a recent experience where I tested Wayan's patience, trying to find a new little villa off the beaten path in Chengdu. I kept pointing him in the wrong direction but he was very polite and never got frustrated.

Warm Regards,

Larry
Brisbane
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We celebrated Hazels 60th Birthday in the villa. We had the whole family in a 3 bedroom villa for 9 nights which was wonderful. We had the big party on the saturday and a follow up lunch on the sunday.(25 people in total). The staff (especially Madea and pretty girl) were wonderful and the management (including Wyan) did everything they could to make our celebration the best it could be.
We would certainly go again, and would recommend Villa 8 to anyone wanting to celebrate with a group.

Room Tip: Villa 8 for 3 rooms is fantastic
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just returned from a 6 night stay ( 3 couples ). Very clean and well maintained. Staff very obliging and helpful to all our needs. Special thanks to Putu for the great beakfast's and cleaning the bedrooms and entertainment area's so meticulously, plus to Wyan the general manager for taking us to an appropriate furniture shop when asked. Very happy to return to Chandra Villas next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our group (5 adults + 2 kids) stayed at the 3 bedroom villa last weekend and it was an amazing experience in every way!. Awesome service and the rooms and pool were immaculate and maintained to a very high standard with great toiletries. The service was exceptional! We had booked a car and driver to take us to Rock Bar for sunset but due to a miscommunication between the reception and the driver we missed the sunset and complained to Chandra Villas. They understood our problem and reimubrused us 100% of the cost of the car for 5hours which to me is going over and beyond superior customer expectations!
I would not hesistate to stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family