“First class Villa and service”

Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
Melbourne, Australia
“First class Villa and service”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just returned from a 6 night stay ( 3 couples ). Very clean and well maintained. Staff very obliging and helpful to all our needs. Special thanks to Putu for the great beakfast's and cleaning the bedrooms and entertainment area's so meticulously, plus to Wyan the general manager for taking us to an appropriate furniture shop when asked. Very happy to return to Chandra Villas next trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our group (5 adults + 2 kids) stayed at the 3 bedroom villa last weekend and it was an amazing experience in every way!. Awesome service and the rooms and pool were immaculate and maintained to a very high standard with great toiletries. The service was exceptional! We had booked a car and driver to take us to Rock Bar for sunset but due to a miscommunication between the reception and the driver we missed the sunset and complained to Chandra Villas. They understood our problem and reimubrused us 100% of the cost of the car for 5hours which to me is going over and beyond superior customer expectations!
I would not hesistate to stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gold Coast
Reviewed November 6, 2012

, On the 11th of this month my family and friends visited Bali for my daughters wedding . Lorraine from Bali Retreats recommended Chandra Villas and rented 4 of the 2 & 3 bedroom Chandra villas for between 7 & 14 days. We were very impressed by the surroundings of the villas, and the quiet tranquil ambience they provided. The beds were fantastic (not my usual experience in Bali), the pillows were luxurious and the rooms were well appointed with everything we needed including a good quality blow dryer. The comfort and cleanliness of the rooms were very important to us however your exceptional staff made our holiday. They were very warm and personable, yet professional in their delivery of service. Never once did they say NO!!When we made a request the reply was always let me see what I can do and if they could not supply us with our request they would give us another option. I cannot complement your staff enough and as my business is in customer service (I own day spas in Australia) I would like to congratulate all managers for their training and for their choice of staff. The staff were not just pleasant, but also showed excellent attention to detail. Madi is a great cook and a delightful man whom we can not commend enough for his customer care & service. Your reception staffs were a beautiful sight every time we left and returned to the villa, always welcoming us home with hello Miss Leanne or hello Mr. Les. They ordered taxis when the driver was not available, booked tours, restaurants & spa visits. Delivered messages and happily took care of all our needs. In Australia we have grown to expect poor service, though I dont except it and am not afraid to let businesses know when service is unacceptable. I always encourage my customers to give me feedback and I know how difficult it is to get things 100% right but Chandra Villas has achieved this.. As a frequent visitor to Bali and I will be sure to return.

Room Tip: Please do not forget to tip these amazing staff when departing,they deserve it!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leanne M
Reviewed September 2, 2012

10 of us stayed at Chandra in one 3 bedroom villa and one 2 bedroom villa for 8 days. This was our fourth time to Bali and this was by far the best stay. The 3 bedroom villa had the advantage of 3 separate units, each with a king size bed (hard to find as many equivalents had at least one room with 2 singles). The king size beds were extraordinarily comfortable too. The villa was well furnished with a hugh swimming pool and large lawn area. There was a large living area with a well equipped kitchen, in-built stero (i.e speakers in the ceiling) and a separate air-conditioned TV room. The pool had lots of sun but also had enough shade options. Breakfast options were great covering Western and Asian options. Service was fantastic, we used the hotel shuttle alot, all of the staff were very helpful. We would go back in a heartbeat if we were a group looking for accommodation. We like the location, it's a 10 min walk to Seminyak square and a 10 minute walk in other directions to etiher Ku De Tah or to Gado Gado. We don't mind the lanes - we stayed at the Elysian about 2 minutes away the previous year. We also liked the dial in food options enabling us to be very lazy and not leave the swimming pool, we had great Japanese and thin crust pizzas delivered.

Room Tip: We stayed in Villa 8 - huge swimming pool.
2 Thank djrg123
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Hello djrg123,

Thank you for taking the time after your stay at Chandra Luxury Villas, part of 8Hotels, to write a review about your accommodation experience.

I really appreciate you mentioning that you've travelled to Bali a few times before and that your stay at Chandra was the best so far. There are so many accommodation options in Bali at the moment with over1600 hotels/villas to choose from. It can be overwhelming to find the place that best suits your needs but luckily Chandra's flexible features makes it desirable for many travellers - from honeymooners to family reunions, we can provide the villa/services to create a memorable experience.

Your review touches on many of the characteristics most people search for when booking group holiday accommodation. The combination of Chandra's spacious, private layout created the perfect foundation. From there we added unique Balinese fixtures, super-comfortable beds and world class services to make Chandra one of the best accommodation on the island.

We understand that growth is important and want to keep evolving our services, especially for our returning guests. We want you to have options and diversity but maintain the consistent and familiar features that will make Chandra feel like your home away from home.

We hope to welcome you back soon to Chandra Luxury Villas and please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of Chandra's management team if you have any questions - we are always happy to help.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went on trip advisor to seek reviews on this villa, and I have to now add on to the list of excellent reviews. The service is superb, and Wayan, our chef came in every morning to cook breakfast. he is a good chef. I mean, preparing breakfast for 7 people isn't easy, but he did it! :) The breakfast was excellent.. I love the pancakes. The beds are all King Size Beds and very comfortable. I love the open shower too. The pool is cleaned daily, and really, what you see on the internet, is what you get, if not better. The villas is very well maintained, very clean. You truly get to experience luxury living for a reasonable price. I recommend anyone who is still looking for a villa, to just stop looking and go ahead with Chandra Villas. Will definitely come back to Bali and stay here

2 Thank Glorie_Low
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello Glorie_Low,

I feel confident stating that most travellers read Tripadvisor reviews before making a decision on whether to make a reservation, especially when booking international accommodation as there are so many unfamiliar factors to consider. Therefore, trip advisor reviews are very important; although subjective they are useful to most and a marketing tool contributing to the success of many accommodation providers. Chandra’s reviews speak for themselves and the addition of your positive comments is further confirmation that we The staff and I will do everything within our abilities to provide the best experience possible.

Thank you for singling out Wayan. Whether he is cooking for one or a dozen, his attention to detail and passion for food is present in every plate. Wayan’s natural abilities in the kitchen combined with Chandra’s regular training schedule and use of local fresh produce is the perfect recipe for a world-class breakfast. I also have to agree, the pancakes with bananas and lots of maple syrup is my favourite too (no counting calories whilst on holidays).

Dunsborough, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Chandra villas are arguably the finest villas we have stayed in...a little out of the way back from the beach but if you wish to get away from all the hussel and bussel of the streets this place is sheer bliss!
Putu our personal breakfast chef and room attendant was very helpfull and all other staff very friendly
The complex is kept to the highest standard and belies its 10 years
As we were with a group we did get to see most other villas and all were at least as high or higher in standard than our two room villa
No negatives here, cannot rate it higher

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Hello Duns65,

Chandra is hidden from the busy streets of Seminyak which works really well because most of our guests appreciate the peace and quiet. The Chandra van is available for complimentary transfers around Seminyak, including the beach but I quite enjoy the walk to the beach because I save time by cutting through Ku De TA (sometimes I have to stop for a cocktail and then my shortcut turns into a night of socialising)!

Thank you for singling out Putu and his level of service. Putu receives positive comments regularly and we all very proud to have him part of our team. I will make sure to pass along your praises.

With Chandra's occupancy increasing month-by-month, we are very cautious about simultaneously increasing maintenance projects. The rainy season is also very hard on all Bali infrastructure so thank you for pointing out that although Chandra's villas are 10 years old, they are still well maintained.

Every villa at Chandra, although similar, has a different design. Each villa stays true to its Balinese design and this is a feature the staff promises to maintain in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at Chandra for the first time last year - it was perfect! Everything was amazing! The service was outstanding (even booking the trip was made easy!) By the end of our stay at Chandra the staff were like family!

We had the In-Villa dinner and the In-Villa BBQ which were both delicious - and SO much food (we bought them for two people and shared them between three). The In-Villa massages we so relaxing - we also got manicures and pedicures (so much better when they come to you).

Breakfast each morning was great! We ordered for 7:00am and at 6:30am the cooks were in our kitchen working hard to make a delicious breakfast!! The pool was the perfect size for the four of us and had a great outdoor music system to plug in the iPod. The bathrooms and bedrooms were great - always kept clean and air-conditioned with great TVs to watch all the DVDs we brought!

It wasn't a far walk to the main street, only about 800m but the Villa Van was available to drop us there most days if we needed! (But the walk was nicer).

I plan on staying there again and again - I've looked around but nothing can quite compare to the value and service of Chandra - my Bali home!

Thank You Chandra - see you again soon!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends