“Best value and service in Seminyak”

Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed for 2 months at Chandra, which means we probably know more about the strengths (many) and weaknesses (very few) of the place than most people.

We were blown away by the attention to detail and personal service. Our fantastic "housekeeper" (we'll miss you Wayan!), the always helpful and patient babysitter (Ayu), the general manager (thank you Mr Londra), the booking manager (Thanks Mr Mullett) who helped us book initially, everyone was so friendly and so dedicated to their jobs. What a lovely place to spend your vacation.

Feeling appreciated as a guest is not as common as it should be. At Chandra, they let you know that they appreciate your business, every day of your stay.

The only negative things I can think of are an internet line that is a bit slow by european standards and a line of shampoo, soap etc that could be improved upon. Fairly petty grievances I think.

We stayed in 1 2BR (villa 6), and it was lovely. Mr Londra generously allowed us to stay in villa 8, a 3 bedroom on our last night since they had t prepare villa 6 for new guests the day we were set to leave. A nice touch.

Going the extra mile and providing personal service is what Chandra seems to be all about. As far as the cost goes, they are priced competitively and the location is the best in Seminyak for sure. Quiet, and undisturbed, but very close to the beach (5 minute walk), Ku de Ta (5min walk), restaurants and bars (5 min walk). You just can't go wrong staying here.

HH

Room Tip: Villa 5 and 6 are nice 2 br, villa 8 is the best 3 br imo.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frankern
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Hello frankern,

Thank you for taking the time during your stay at Chandra Luxury Villas, part of 8Hotels, to write a review about your accommodation experience.

I really appreciate your kind words about our staff. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay at Chandra. I also appreciate your input and recommendations. Compared to most Chandra guests, 2 months is a long stay and therefore you have a great understanding on ways Chandra exceeds expectations and needs improvement.

Chandra's service, location and competitive rates are why we are a popular destination and or popularity continues to grow. Chandra is still new compared to our competitors but I feel confident stating, after a years’ worth of research, that Chandra is the best accommodation for its price and location in all of Seminyak.

I agree with your shampoo/soap suggestion and the management staff are currently researching an alternative. The wifi is ok but could be better. Gone are the days when holidays meant shutting out the world and putting your phone to voicemail. We understand that our guests need to work during their stay so faster wifi is at the top of our list!

I hope you get the opportunity to stay at Chandra again in the near future. I am always more than happy to help answer any questions and take care of your reservation.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further comments/suggestions - I would be happy to receive them.

Warm Regards,

Larry Mullett

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Having never been to Bali we were originally apprehensive as to the standard of accommodation over there.

arriving at Chandra (6 people in 3 bedroom villa) we were overwhelmed by the beautiful villa we stayed in. Wifi did drop out a few times however villa staff would fix the issue within minutes. Rooms very well kept, comfortable beds. beautiful pool. High quality sound system (we played music through the villa during the day from our ipods)

Looking at the 8 hotels website the villas looked rather impressive, upon arriving to view the villa's they definitely exceeded our expectations!

also very good location, within walking distance to main street.

Room Tip: ask for the biggest 3 bedroom villa, its the better of the two 3 bedroom properties..
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rld87
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed in villa 1 and there was no noise (as reported in other trip advisor entries). We really enjoyed the group villa. We were 4 families, so we had 2 x3 bed villas and this worked out suprisingly well. The 4th bedroom that is mentioned is actually really spacious. The lack of connection between the rooms was a bit anxiety provoking for us with a young family (2 little kids in their own room that was not connected to our room was not ideal) especially because if they wake up and decide to go for a swim you would have no idea.

The evening barbeques were good. The breakfast is only OK.

The staff were always v helpful.

We LOVED seminyak. Near to Potato Head, Sarong, Ku de ta etc All were superbe.

Room Tip: Villa one was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Villas are really lovely. Here with friends villa 1 & 3 are 4 bedroom and villa 5 a 2 bedroom. Pools in the 4 bedroom villas are large enough for the whole family. I agree with other comments about construction next door the noise hasn't bothered us but seeing men from time to time on the roof is annoying. Also my animal loving teenagers found cats meowing at night outside their rooms and having them scurry around on the roof at night disturbing. If staying for more than a week the same breakfast everyday is monotonous. The staff are lovely but it is hard to communicate with the girls at reception. All in all the villas are in a great location and are luxury. From the airport transfers we kept our driver Gidday which has been fantastic.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villas have a much smaller pool
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

we stayed for 4 nights at this amazing property. the villas are truly pure luxury, the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. handy to shopping and the water park. the private pool and beautiful bathroom with garden view was perfect. the meals were great. the complimentary breakfast was fantastic - cooked in your villa by your own valet who is at your disposal for your whole stay. go on............spoil yourself.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I am in the middle of a stay at Chandra right now and thought I have seen enough to put up a review.
It truly is a great property with fantastic staff and luxury villas. We are in Villa 1 which is a three bedroom villa and it is excellent.
The dining, in room massages and housekeeping are all first rate.
Must state though that our trip has been spoiled by constant construction noise going on next door in an adjoining property. From around 800am to 500pm it's non stop hammering. We even had someone peer over our bathroom wall which was a bit much. I did notice this has been going on for some time so management must know about it,although the front end staff seemed a little vague.
Possibly some of the villas further away might not be as disturbed but I believe the property is full due to the season so not much we can do. I have asked if it can be addressed but so far no luck and don't expect there to be an improvement. While I understand it's not Chandra's fault,it does impact severely on the experience.
I am thankful we only have 4 nights as I would check out now if I could.
I would recommend this property but only if assured the construction work is finished. Otherwise you might be disappointed...

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Russell2374
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Hello Chesty 1,

My sincerest apologies for the disruption from the construction project next door. This project is independent from Chandra but our management team has approached the projects manager on several occasions and asked that Chandra guests be considered while the project is in progress.

I've been told that some days maybe nosier than others and the projects estimated completion date is in early May.

I know that Chandra's General Manager has taken the time to talk to you and I hope he was able to help with your concerns. Seminyak and the rest of Bali has experienced extreme growth in recent years and there is construction in progress all over the island. It's hard to avoid but I assure you we will try out best to minimise the disruption to Chandra’s guests.

I also want to say thank you for your kind words about Chandra - I see from your past reviews that you have travelled a lot and your recommendations are thorough, honest and well received by fellow travellers.

Apart from the noise, I hope you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade into one of Chandra's luxurious 3 bedroom villas and will consider visiting us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Larry Mullett

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Chandra last week and it was one of the best vacations we ever had. Our villa was stunning, from the private pool to the beautifully designed villas, we felt like we were in an absolute paradise of tranquillity. We have been to Bali before and also stayed in another pool villa which was nice but this one was by far the best we have experienced.

The staff were lovely and were willing to help with whatever we needed. The villas are in a quiet, residential part of town, close to all our favourite restaurants and there was always a car available to bring us places when we gave them a bit of notice. We had breakfast prepared in out villa every morning and it was absolutely delicious. The in-villa massages by the pool and candle lit dinner just topped off the whole experience.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Chandra to my friends and family. Thanks so much for a blissful and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple