“Great Accommodation”

Chandra Luxury Villas Bali
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Accommodation”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Villas are really lovely. Here with friends villa 1 & 3 are 4 bedroom and villa 5 a 2 bedroom. Pools in the 4 bedroom villas are large enough for the whole family. I agree with other comments about construction next door the noise hasn't bothered us but seeing men from time to time on the roof is annoying. Also my animal loving teenagers found cats meowing at night outside their rooms and having them scurry around on the roof at night disturbing. If staying for more than a week the same breakfast everyday is monotonous. The staff are lovely but it is hard to communicate with the girls at reception. All in all the villas are in a great location and are luxury. From the airport transfers we kept our driver Gidday which has been fantastic.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villas have a much smaller pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Dalby, Queensland
Reviewed April 23, 2012

we stayed for 4 nights at this amazing property. the villas are truly pure luxury, the staff were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. handy to shopping and the water park. the private pool and beautiful bathroom with garden view was perfect. the meals were great. the complimentary breakfast was fantastic - cooked in your villa by your own valet who is at your disposal for your whole stay. go on............spoil yourself.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

I am in the middle of a stay at Chandra right now and thought I have seen enough to put up a review.
It truly is a great property with fantastic staff and luxury villas. We are in Villa 1 which is a three bedroom villa and it is excellent.
The dining, in room massages and housekeeping are all first rate.
Must state though that our trip has been spoiled by constant construction noise going on next door in an adjoining property. From around 800am to 500pm it's non stop hammering. We even had someone peer over our bathroom wall which was a bit much. I did notice this has been going on for some time so management must know about it,although the front end staff seemed a little vague.
Possibly some of the villas further away might not be as disturbed but I believe the property is full due to the season so not much we can do. I have asked if it can be addressed but so far no luck and don't expect there to be an improvement. While I understand it's not Chandra's fault,it does impact severely on the experience.
I am thankful we only have 4 nights as I would check out now if I could.
I would recommend this property but only if assured the construction work is finished. Otherwise you might be disappointed...

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Russell2374
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Hello Chesty 1,

Thank you for taking the time during your stay at Chandra Luxury Villas, part of 8Hotels, to write a review about your accommodation experience.

My sincerest apologies for the disruption from the construction project next door. This project is independent from Chandra but our management team has approached the projects manager on several occasions and asked that Chandra guests be considered while the project is in progress.

I've been told that some days maybe nosier than others and the projects estimated completion date is in early May.

I know that Chandra's General Manager has taken the time to talk to you and I hope he was able to help with your concerns. Seminyak and the rest of Bali has experienced extreme growth in recent years and there is construction in progress all over the island. It's hard to avoid but I assure you we will try out best to minimise the disruption to Chandra’s guests.

I also want to say thank you for your kind words about Chandra - I see from your past reviews that you have travelled a lot and your recommendations are thorough, honest and well received by fellow travellers.

Apart from the noise, I hope you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade into one of Chandra's luxurious 3 bedroom villas and will consider visiting us again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Larry Mullett
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 25, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Chandra last week and it was one of the best vacations we ever had. Our villa was stunning, from the private pool to the beautifully designed villas, we felt like we were in an absolute paradise of tranquillity. We have been to Bali before and also stayed in another pool villa which was nice but this one was by far the best we have experienced.

The staff were lovely and were willing to help with whatever we needed. The villas are in a quiet, residential part of town, close to all our favourite restaurants and there was always a car available to bring us places when we gave them a bit of notice. We had breakfast prepared in out villa every morning and it was absolutely delicious. The in-villa massages by the pool and candle lit dinner just topped off the whole experience.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Chandra to my friends and family. Thanks so much for a blissful and relaxing holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heids709
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 18, 2012

My family and I stayed in Chandra Villa #7 and 3A in March 2012. These were 2 bedroom villas with identical rooms, both were modern with touches of Balinese decor. I booked the villa directly with the management and communication with Larry (based in Australia) was fantastic. He was always prompt, kind and helpful in the replies. Overall we enjoyed our stay at the villa. It was nice to be in a villa with software that matched the hardware. For example, the bathtub was really nice and roomy (fit my 3 boys inside) and there was plenty of hot water supply to fill up the tub so we could actually have baths. WIFI was consistent which was a welcome change to the previous villas we stayed at in Pemuteran and Ubud. The staffs there were very sweet and and kind, especially PUTU who made amazingly delicious breakfast (pancakes were our favorites) in our villa for us during our stay. The villa was kept very clean with staffs were coming in regularly to sweep up the floors, garden, and clean the pool which filled with leaves quite quickly from the trees planted near the pool. Location of the villa was pretty convenient, it was about a 15 min walk to Jln Laksmana thru some small allies. If needed, they have an on demand drop off (pick up not included) to the major areas in town. This worked well for us since we were traveling with a large group.

Since we had young children, one thing which we had to watch out for was for them to navigate the water feature steps leading to the villa from the entrance and several times they fell in, luckily just minor scratches, without major incident. The shampoo and lotion seemed to have expired and both products gave off a nasty smell upon application. After we applied the lotion on our kids we thought someone had gone to the potty in their pants, which gave us a good laugh teasing them but really it was very smelly! I suppose with the humidity and heat in Bali these things go bad quite quickly so it would be helpful in the future if the staffs regularly changed it/ check up on it prior to guest arrival. Lastly, the mud treatment (conditioner) was kept inside a glass jar and my husband accidentally dropped it in the shower as it was slippery. Luckily the broken class didn't cut or injure him. Upon checkout, instead on inquiring as to whether we were injured from the broken class, we were surprised to be billed 250,000 IDR for it. We asked the manager if he could wave the fee, and he insisted on charging us 150,000 IDR instead. To me that was a little disappointing given they never replaced the conditioner in our room and the jar we had originally was virtually empty.

In summary, we had a enjoyable stay at Chandra but it can use some tweaking to make it better.

Room Tip: Parents with young children will have to be very attentive at all times to prevent them from falling...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChandraManagement, Director of Sales at Chandra Luxury Villas Bali, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Hello CDSKJ,

Thank you for taking the time after your stay at Chandra Luxury Villas, part of 8Hotels, to write a review about your accommodation experience.

I really appreciate your kind words regarding Chandra's service, location and decor.

I think I can speak on behalf of the rest of the team when I say that TIME is the greatest luxury of all. Prompt responses, short distances to the best attractions and maintaining Chandra's beautiful villas all involve time. Chandra’s amazing team, from Garden Attendants to the General Manager, feel privileged to take the time out of their lives to make every guests stay a memorable one.

We try to make Chandra a home away from home, only our home comes with private chauffers, maids, butlers, pool attendants and concierge service. Not to mention a private pool, on demand spa services...the list goes on. Chandra is sometimes labelled a resort, which it definitely is not. resorts are standardized where Chandra anticipates the individual wants/needs of every guest and delivers a unique experience to everyone. We also welcome all suggestions on ways to enhance your holiday.

There is always room for improvement - I apologise for the expired soaps and charge for broken glass. During your next holiday to Bali, if you stay at Chandra or not, please stop by Chandra and I will arrange a complimentary one hour couples massage.

Once again, thanks you for your review, suggestions and of course your time.

Please don't hesitate to contact myself or any of Chandra's management team if you have any questions.

Warm Regards,

Larry Mullett
Sydney
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Phil & I just stayed at the Chandra villa. When we walked in, we were absolutely delighted. The villa was luxurious, modern and far exceeded our expectations. Not only was it a grogeous place, the service was terrific. We had our breakfast cooked whilst we had a 50min massage. Heaven. We'll definately visit again.

Room Tip: All are amazing
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We recently stayed in a 3 bedroom villa with 2 other couples. The complex was amazing close to everything and the service you could not fault.
Breakfast prepared BY Putu our butler was fabulous everyday. We stayed 5 nights I wish it could have been forever.
Could not recommend Chandra more highly for those wanting a luxurious holiday experience still close to everything.
Will definately be back.