“RUBBISH” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 103 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Sydney
“RUBBISH”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I went and stayed here for my friends birthday for 10 days.
They don't get points for anything.

When we arrived at 6pm they had said to us that they would have a meal for us so we wouldnt have to go out, boy what a surprise it was for us girls to go out on our first night there for dinner, lucky we found a sport bar around the corner.

Our room was faulsly advertised, and when we asked for the room advertised the receptionist said 'no as it was a villa, whih will be an exta price"

Our first night was pretty much ruined, then we looked through our room with four walls and two beds to find the safe, which wasnt there either. We complained and asked for one to be installed bfore we arrived back from dinner which ended up being 2 hours later, BUT NOTHING.
It took them 3 days to put one in.

We thought we were going there to relax and have a nice time but every time we arrived back there the staff were hanging around smoking near the laundry, the receptionist would harass us for money for things when we had already paid for.

They speak a few words of english which annoyed me major. They tried to rip us off for laundry, making us pay the rate for mens clothing and way too many items than what we had in our suitcase.

The lobby itself is a tiny bathroom sized room with a laptop computer and not much else. We were escorted to our room on the second floor of the establishment. It had two wall-length windows directly to the outside that could not be closed fully, let alone locked. The bathroom also had windows with the same locking issue. Needless to say considering the hotel is located in a field surrounded by a garbage dump on one side, I was scared out of my wits. The bathroom was filthy, filled with mold, no tiles, and dirty grouting.

They are located next to a kids soccer field and rice fields which wasnt nice as you got woken very morning, wasnt a nice view from our front door and windows.

I would go back to Seminyak but NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: If you stay there pay the extra money for a Villa.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KristyK6
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at D'Djabu Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you very much for your kind review, again , we do apologize for any inconvenience

This is we guess a group comment on our property., three similar comments must be enough for reminding our operations for this lack. and we would do our best for improvement.,

I just do not intend to do repetition in clarifying.,since it was being clearly informed ,
we only provide for morning meals (breakfast) and for dinner or lunch must be confirmed and booked firmly in advance and at your own cost. it has been clearly informed. But if there is no further confirmation , nothing would be prepared, Hope this is understandable

Pictures of the hotel and villas have been well separated advertised with each title that you may realize on.

Regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

As a solo traveler safety is my top priority. consequently d'djabu appealed to me because it was seemingly close to the airport and the hotel offered a shuttle service. Boy was I wrong.

The shuttle did pick me up and drove me down a dark alley to the hotel. It was frightening; an open field on one side with a small wall to prevent unwanted guests from wandering on to the hotel grounds. But honestly there could have been no wall as the hotel allowed several dodgy characters to enter and exit the hotel at all hours of the night.

I was escorted to my room which is motel style... Ie the door from the room leads directly to the outdoors. Not a big deal but not my preference, however it was definitely problematic as the curtains on the front windows could not be closed. I felt like a sitting duck.

While walking up to my room I noticed that most of the rooms were vacant. As I entered the room a musty smell greeted me; I thought the smell would disparate once the ac ran for a little. Wrong again. The smell transformed into a raw sewage stench that truly had a life of its own. In the morning I had to use the facilities and puked from the smell. truly a horrific experience. I checked out at once and made my way to a hotel near kuta beach.

Bali generally: overrated and truly a first class dump. Constantly harassed on the beach by the kuta cowboys (google it if you're unfamiliar) and other pestering vendors. Nicer beaches in Mexico. Cuba, Dominican, Thailand etc.

Changed my flight and got off that hole of an island after 3 days never to return.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank DonNYC123
Dear Client

A valuable comment has been presented. Thank you so much
On behalf of our management, sure we would like to apologize if any error and any weakness we have done toward you as our client. We do hope that you are our truly client., however, as a service provider, we do never ever expect an "over the top" comment upon our property, but we would be trying our best in servicing best

We realize this comment must be made the same as "Fright Night" review (kindly looked down) our overall response must be also the same., there is no intention to disappoint our clients

Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

D'djabu- Fright Night

Arrived here after landing around midnight. The only positive thing I have to say was that my fiancee and I arrived alive at the hotel. It was pitch black, barely lit, and staff was casually hanging out chain smoking in what appeared to be the area near the lobby. The lobby itself is a tiny bathroom sized room with a laptop computer and not much else.

The bathroom was filthy, filled with mold, cracked tiles, and dirty grouting. For $70 USD a night we expected better. As the night progressed the bathroom became enveloped in the smell of raw sewage. Words cannot describe the stench. Needing to use the facilities I wrapped my face up in a scarf but could only tolerate being in there for one minute. I came out gagging and breathless.

If the above doesnt scare you off staying here, make sure you eat lots of the expired ketchup at breakfast. The ?"meat" sausages were orange, the bacon and eggs were raw. I'll give them a positive review on their croissants however.

Needs to say thank God we only booked for one night. In the am after sleeping with one eye open we rushed out of there at 7am. I wouldn't wish this stay on my worst enemy.

The rest of our vacation was spent in Ubud. A lot of Westerners have an ill-conceived notion of Bali and it's beaches. The place is awful, I plead you to save your money and skip this myth by going anywhere in the Carribean: Mexico, DR, Bahamas, Antigua.

I hope this has been helpful, and please look down and read the review about the poor lady whose baby's eyes were burnt by the acid in the pool.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alexandra X
Dear Lovely clients,

Greeting from Premier Hospitality Management,

Thank you so much for your kind review on our property.,
However, we would love to do several clarification,

1. regarding the light in the hotel you stated, we expressly would like to say that this is a boutique hotel where lighting set as in hotel ambiance. It is soft lighting, not spot lighting. Hope this could be understandable.
2. About the lobby, we are a mini boutique hotel, not a big 5-starred chain hotel. A less spacious room hopes to not distract our more spacious service.
3. About any operational thing of the property, we are sure that our operational dept. has been well operating the house for this several months managing. And about the window on the bathroom it must be ventilation not a close-open window
4. For the breakfast, it is really embarrassing if the ketchup we gave was really the expired one, but we do believe that all food and beverage has been checked well with a good hygiene and sanitation. It is really pity if food we provided is something which is not good for our clients. we do not want to embarrass our owns. Thus, all has been well assured
5. We got your review has been so helpful for our improvement and for reflecting to our weaknesses and limitations., of course we do not want to suggest the clients to look back on 2011 review since we just took over this property from the previous management at the beginning of the year with a big renovation the following days and hope all will be better on the next steps.
6. We thought the concern was overgeneralized to our awesome Bali

Thank you so much for your kind review

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

One has so many choices when staying in Bali. From world class resorts to hostel stays that require further immunizations, the choices cover a range of options. D'djabu finds it's way right in the middle of these options. The property is "nice". It has decent rooms, a great pool, friendly staff and a genuine attempt at providing a great stay but it's a little uninspired. The breakfast was below average, with choices of either one egg cooked to order, some toast, oj, or an Indonesian breakfast.. Still not sure what that is so I can't comment. The staff is nice but the language barrier may prove difficult for some more "creative" requests or issues. The price was right for my stay, around $60 us and that may prove to be why the ranking was 3 and not 2 stars. You won't be disappointed here but you will walk or drive by some places and wonder why you didn't splurge a little more on this beautiful island...

Room Tip: There are a lot of options so make sure you have an idea ( facing a rice field, street, pool, breakf...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Pechorin L
Bali P, Sales E-Commerce at D'Djabu Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Valued Customer

Greeting from Premier Hospitality Management

Thank you very much for your kind input, this is really beneficial for our improvement.
On February we were still doing our replenishment on the property, as well as the service. we re-hired staffs and we created new various menu for breakfast. and we have many services in our new creative room directory , it eases you to find information and to get quick service.

Thus, by now the breakfast and staffs has been well trained and improved. Hope to host you again in our property,

Again, thank you so much for your valuable input and wise review

gold coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

These villas were absolutely amazing!! The service was absolutely fabulous and the staff were friendly and polite. They did everything to help us out, I cannot explain how fantastic Lucy and the team were! The room was always cleaned, we were given new towels, and it was walking distance to the main strip in Seminyak. They recently have done renovations and it all looks absolutely awesome! Would recommend for any couple to get away. STAY HERE!! The staff rock, the rooms rock and it was awesome

Room Tip: suite room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank unkonwn u
Dear Valued Customer

Greeting from Premier Hospitality Management

This is what we are believing as progressive improvement,
Our concern is on clients' satisfactory. Thus improvement would always be effortfully made
Although several error might be coming in the future that is requiring consideration, it could be minimized. As we are developing. There is a hope to host you again in our property

Again, thank you so much for your valuable input and wise review

Jonkoping, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Nice rooms but breakfast is really bad, poor breakfast , bread finished , juice finished , this is a two or two and half star hotel, we didn´t get good value in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jan L
Dear Valued Partner

Greeting from Premier Hospitality Management

Before responding your comment above, we would love to apologize regarding the late response as we were in the progress of registering this page manager. Thus, soon after being registered, we are eagerly responding on this reviews.

As being informed that we were just taking over this property since January 2012 and we were doing several construction and refurbishment on this property for several 3 months ago, thus such comment above would be really coming through and would be taken into account for our improvement. Thus, we are now progressing to be better and will wisely take any input , surely , for becoming positively great later.

Again, we do thank you very much for your valuable input

Wynnum, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Villa was nice in pictures.. as soon as we arrived I realised its not a 4 star property..
The reception area nice and clean, reception staff friendly but were smoking at the desk and if they came to villa they would have cigerette in hand.
the villas need to be fully renovated, roof leaked in lounge area, kitchen and second bedroom. They are not exculsive and certainly not luxurious as per villa website
The walls had mould on them, floors throughout need a good scrub and polish.
Main bathroom had bird nest above bath and bird droppings on ground behind bath. the stones in bathroom needs to be replaced. cleaning of villas on a daily basis was dreadful.. the staff spot moped the villa... i physically got on my hands and knees and sprayed with disinfectant and cleaned floor myself.. the kitchen area had LIMITED utensils we could only make basic meals which defeats the purpose of renting a villa and had to order in dinner or go to dinner( we wanted to cook our own meals as we had 2 young babies travelling with us.

The pool well after 4 of us nearly being burnt by pool acid as the young guy clearly didnt know what he was doing.. added 20litres of acid and no chlorine, this resulted in our 22 month old daughter having burnt eyelids and our 4 mth baby skin developing a rash instantly.. The pool was out of action for 5 days.. we were told to swim in the villa-hotel pool instead... again this defeats the purpose of a private villa. the older children all got sore ears and a visit to the Bali clinic for ear drops.

Breakfast we had to ask for it and when we did get it... its proporation is only for a child..

Would i stay here again, NO/YES only if i had no other options... The resort rooms are new and they would be perfect for 1 night stays..

The villas are suitable for families but you need to keep an eye on children because no safety pool fence.

were very disappointed as alot of money was spent on this holiday.
In conclusion we have booked another villa for next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank holidayed
Dear Client

Management Change of d’Djabu Boutique Hotel and Villas On January 2012, d’Djabu Boutique Hotel and Villas has been handed and started over by Premier Hospitality Management, a Singapore-based hospitality company.

d’Djabu boutique hotel and villas is now in progressive renovation at the aim of leading its own way for a better service and satifactory. This property stands of 16 hotel rooms and 4 rooms in the villas bringing the total of 20 rooms to occupy. Premier Management, as the new company who is taking the responsibility in looking after the property, is progressively improving all the hospitality aspects of d’Djabu boutique hotel and villas as well as other properties. This property would be time by time supposed to be well-managed and grabbing the satisfaction from all components. Further, the placement of the management office which take a part in one spotted space inside this property creates warmth for any individual and group for their prompt-responded problem solving and safety-guarranted stay.

Known as a beautiful boutique hotel and villas which is situated only few minutes walking distance to famous Seminyak, this d’Djabu sustains for the comfort and easeness of the stayers. The property designed for easy living and utmost for privacy for guests.

To be honestly informing, currently this property is continously occupiable day by day pulling up a notification that renovation is preceedingly arranged to be progressively well done soonest causes the operation, especially for this condensed week, to face crowd but with an attempt to primarily satisfy the customers