I booked all four villas at Bonsai in late August for a family holiday with two adult children and a brother. The booking process direct with Rudi was friendly and set the scene. We used Bonsai to arrange transfers at USD15 for two cars to cater for 6 people and their luggage. All went smoothly and the " check in" process was smooth and easy.
The villas are not five star - how could they be at the rates charged? - but are comfortable, private and extremely well located as other reviewers have commented. Furnishings are simple and each villa has its own personality (my wife and I were in villa 3 which was just fine, with an indoor bathroom whereas 1 and 2 had outdoor bathrooms). The bed was comfortable but the sheets were somewhat stained (not dirty or unclean but carrying some stains) which did let Bonsai down somewhat. We didn't see much of Rudi so didn't get to chat to him about that issue.
The staff were just great; chatty and friendly and eager to help. Muss; Ary; Widi and co are lovely people who got on very well with us and with all the members of the group. They were keen to assist and always polite.Room cleaning was efficient and structured around our absences; evening service was good, with mozzie coils placed in the bathroom and living room and the bedroom sprayed. Bedroom is air-conditioned and the living room has a ceiling fan; satellite TV was good. The variety of towel shapes each day was amazing and a source of fun.
One previous reviewer criticised the pool maintenance and with six of us swimming in the morning, during the day at different times and always in the evening before and after dinner - and covered in sunscreen etc - the pool did get cloudy. But I spoke to the staff about it and the pool was super-chlorinated at a time designed to minimize disruption to our enjoyment of the pool and was sparkling the next , so we have only praise for the response and action.
Bonsai is fantastic value. It is a welcoming, relaxing and comfortable place which I have no hesitation recommending.
The villas offer privacy and convenience, together with ready access to many restaurants and the Bintang supermarket, as well as shopping in Legian and Kuta. Don't go there expecting a five star villa; you do not get that for AUD110 per night. What you do get is wonderfully friendly staff; a very comfortable private villa accommodation; great location at what is extraordinary value.
Thanks guys; we had a great time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bonsai Villas offers spacious uniquely designed Asian and Japanese style fusion accommodation.Built with natural teak timber and tasteful antique furniture gives a serene relaxing atmosphere.In this quiet haven you will feel a sense of special friendliness free from everyday pressures.Situated in the centre of Seminyak,within walking distance to shops,restaurants, night life and all the excitement of this area.You will arrive as guests and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bonsai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonsai Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bonsai Villas Bali/Seminyak