This review is long overdue - we stayed in Bonsai Villas in September 2011, but forgot to add this review which is a real shame as we were SO happy with our stay!
It was our honeymoon, so we were mostly looking for a romantic place to stay, and boy did Bonsai villas deliver! There are 4 villas (I think) that share a pool, but most of the time you will have the pool to yourself and get to lounge by the poolside as the wonderful owner of the place brings you coffee/tea and cookies... Perfect relaxation, and you are very close to all the restaurants, shopping etc. There are also food stores very close to the hotel, so one can stock up the fridge. There is about a 10 min walk to the beach, but we didn't mind - there are a bunch of spas on the way so you can get a manicure/pedicure after swimming :) And the area around the beach is quite loud, so in my opinion it was nicer to stay in a peaceful oasis like Bonsai villas. I felt extremely safe in the villas since the area is very calm and the staff is always there - and I thought the open floor plan would be a bit scary - how wrong I was, it is perfect.
The room itself was beautiful - open, comfy, bed was heavenly, the bathroom was lovely, lots of space for your things - and decorated with real taste and style. Some people have mentioned the mosquitoes, so a few words about that: I am really prissy about bugs in general and to top it off, extremely allergic to mosquito bites, and I did not get bitten ONCE in Bonsai. It's quite amazing, but all thanks go to the staff who really tried their all to protect us from bites.
And that brings me to the staff: just perfect. So friendly, open, happy, 24/7 - what more could you ask for? It is the little touches that really made our stay special - the towels were folded differently every day and smelled lovely, there were always flowers on our bed (honeymoon, remember), whatever we asked, the staff was always there... The wonderful personality of the owner Rudi really reflects on the place I think.
So, Thank you so much Rudi & the rest of the staff, and when we come back to Bali we are looking forward to seeing you again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bonsai Villas offers spacious uniquely designed Asian and Japanese style fusion accommodation.Built with natural teak timber and tasteful antique furniture gives a serene relaxing atmosphere.In this quiet haven you will feel a sense of special friendliness free from everyday pressures.Situated in the centre of Seminyak,within walking distance to shops,restaurants, night life and all the excitement of this area.You will arrive as guests and leave as friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bonsai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonsai Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bonsai Villas Bali/Seminyak