“Excellent on All counts”
Review of Bonsai Villas

and 1 more site!
Bonsai Villas
Ranked #106 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed February 28, 2012

When our vehicle turned of Seminyak Rd to the alley that led to Bonsai Villas I wondered if I had made a terrible mistake, but once we saw the property and the location we realized it was exactly what we wanted. Read many excellent reviews on Bonsai Villas and I assure you it was as good as what we expected. The staff is friendly, the management is superb, the location is right at the center of Seminyak and the two villas we used were immaculate. It met and exceeded all our expectations.

Thank you Rudy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank GFBGFB
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review.The best brings out best as they say and you were such wonderful guests ,so easy to please and undemanding that the staff and i felt we were attending to friends . I hope you all left Bonsai with a similar feeling.It was a real pleasure meeting you.

Rudi

Reviewed February 27, 2012

We loved our 2 weeks at the Bonsai Villas. Close to Legian Road where uou can find everything needed....food, massage, shops.
I have visited Bali 10 times and I am very happy with our choice of stay this time.
All the boys were very lovely always happy to help.
Can think of a complaint!!!!
Thanks

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Blacktrixibell
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Loved your short positive review.Will be much appreciated by those in a hurry to find one of the best villas in Seminyak.You were wonderful guests . We very much look forward to your return visit.

Rudi & staff

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Tucked in a lane away from the noise and endless Bali traffic is a non pretentious haven called Bonsai Villas. With only four villas built around a central pool, you could be forgiven for thinking you were miles from anywhere. The reality is that you are only five minutes walk from the shopping strip and cafes of Jalan.....

On arriving late at night (book a transfer in advance with Rudi the owner) we were a little worried when we turned into the dark lane barely able to accommodate one car, but on arriving at Bonsai Villas we needn't have worried. Mos, a very friendly staff member showed us to our incredibly spacious villa and we immediately felt at home. A huge living area bordered by an open air kitchen was followed by an equally large bedroom and open air bathroom (an experience at 3am when needing to use the bathroom in the rain!!)

Decor is Japanese inspired with dark and red wooden furniture, colorful paintings, flowers and cushions. The gardens surrounding are well kept and very serene. Hot water was plentiful and the rooms clean and well maintained.

Rudi, Mos and the team at Bonsai are very accommodating and happy to assist in any way they can with restaurant suggestions and even taking us to their second property to spend the afternoon before a late flight home.

We stayed three nights and would highly recommend Bonsai Villas to anyone looking for amazingly priced accommodation (unbelievable at A$95/night), central location and friendly and approachable staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TFandRacci
Reviewed February 20, 2012

After doing much research, I finally booked the room for 3 nights for my girlfriends birthday and I must say the place was extremely memorable and the staff was excellent.

Location
- Located behind the very busy Bintang supermarket, the only problem with this location was that it took us maybe 5 mins to walk in a narrow and dark road to the Villa, not much of a problem really for the excellent location. Shopping for groceries was so convenient! with the resturaunts and shopping of Seminyak so conveniently located, the 5 min walk was negligible.

Room
- The villas all come with a nice living area (which I'll admit that I didn't bother enjoying since the bedroom was so comfortable) and a kitchen area complete with pots/pans for you to cook your own meal if you wanted (and you can even buy groceries from around the corner)

Toilet
- The staff was nice enough to let me look around at all the 4 villas when I was leaving as the rooms were vacant, one thing I noticed was that the toilets are slightly different from each. My room came with a totally open air toilet which was quite inconvenient when it rained at night. Also the water heater didn't have enough hot water to last my gf's long showers but it was a pretty interesting experience bathing in the open.

Cleanliness
- Excellent. Nothing that I could fault on

Pool
- Not very big but decently deep. I was slightly disappointed that the pool was under maintenance hence it was abit murky from all the sunblock in the water but after the maintenance it was really nice and comfortable. You're not going to get much of a swimming workout in the pool but its a nice area to chill and relax by the pool.

Staff
- Best staff i've ever came across. They were all very nice, especially Rudi who helped me buy a birthday cake for my gf and left it in the room so that I could surprise her with it. I must say i've never encountered such excellent and personal service ever.

Overall
- Totally recommended. Although we were abit uncomfortable with the lack of hot water and bathing in the rain on the first night (I actually commented on this and I also noted that not all the rooms have open air baths that you'll get caught in the rain so its really down to your luck. I think they might consider covering the shower area so you wont get caught out in the rain. Besides, it hardly rains in Bali and I was there at a bad month.) but overall we had such an excellent time that my gf who absolutely refuses to visit the same area twice actually wants to go back to stay in Bonsai Villas so that she can experience it all over again.

p.s We actually took a video of the entire swimming pool area into the Villa but I'll wait for my gf to eventually post on the Villa and upload the video to Youtube.

Room Tip: If you'd like bathing in the open, pick a non-rainy month and ask for Room 1, otherwise, 3 or 4...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RonHoe7
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My experience of travel and also living in Sydney is that people have lost the art of comunicating with one's fellow man or woman,I spent the entire 10 days in Bali haveung ine conversation with a lovely aussie/english couplebeside me at the german restaurant near the Kusnadi hotel. The rest of the talk was with the Bonsai villas owners Merv and Rudi and their staff. espaecially Benny,Being a single woman they made me feel at home , safe and advised me on all aspects of Bali now, oh how it made the trip.

Room Tip: There are 4 viallas equally spacious and all mod cons. and quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank amandav1717
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you lovely people.Your response to suggestions for restaurants and trips etc.was well received by myself and staff.Sometimes joyous appreciative remarks make us feel we are on holiday as well.One correction...Merv is only my best friend not part of Bonsai estb.,I am the owner .Anyway we all look forward to greeting you again.

Rudi

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed in bonsai villas for three nights in January! Have to say that this place is fantastic! My boyfriend and i didn't want to leave but had already planned the second part of our trip! The villas are a great size! Large living area which includes kitchen! The kitchen is a great option and having bingtang supermarket only a 5 min walk away is a huge bonus! We made our breakfast every morning at the villa.Bedroom again was spacious, with a large ensuite bathroom! The pool is great and we swam in it everyday! The bintang sold in the mini bar is the same price as sold in bintang supermarket. Which I was very impressed with!

The staff are friendly, polite and always wanting to help! Rudi (the manager) is particularly helpful. He has a fantastic knowledge of local restaurants and directions of getting to locations ( which is very helpful when you are in a new country).

There are only four villas and with the location of the villas being tucked behind the main road made it very quiet.

I can't speak highly enough of the place! Great value for money! I have already recommended bonsai villas to my family and friends!

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Esthermia83
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

we are so happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the quiet relaxed atmosphere bonsai offers.the closeness of a supermarket,shops and restaurants etc. all add to a hassle free holiday.as a traveler myself i know a cheap mini bar saves lugging heavy shopping bags on a hot day.
We appreciate your comments very much .Roll on your next visit..

Rudi and staff.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

You can't go wrong here. Pics tell the truth. Good value. Beautiful pool & staff. RUDI was such a pleasure to meet. You will love the zen funky rooms and the way they fuse with the environment.

JONATHAN & YING: SYDNEY, OZ