“Great place”
Review of Bonsai Villas

Bonsai Villas
Ranked #106 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed December 26, 2011

A very nice oasis in Seminyak, quiet with very good staff. Very clean and rooms great with small kitchen and huge room and living area. Only drawback is distance from beach a bit too far to walk given traffic and sidewalk conditions in Seminyak. Great pool for cooling off in too. Recommend highly.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank poboysammy

Reviewed December 5, 2011

My girlfriend and I left the hubbys at home in November and went to Bali for six days. We
discussed where to stay, my friend had seen the Bonsai Villas when she was in Bali a few months before, so we dicided to give it a go. When we arrived we were amazed, the Villas
were beautiful all in Japanese decore. Rudi and staff made us feel welcome and helped
us out with advice on resturants etc. The Villas themselves are beautifully set out, clean and quite. We'll see you next year Rudi when we get a leave pass again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed at Bonsai Villas 6/11/11 to 11/11/11. Four seperate villas embodied around a private pool. The japanese decore of the villas I found inspiring and above all relaxing. The villas are only a short walk to the Binytang Supermarket. The manager, Rudi & staff were extremely friendly and helpful. This is a perfect place for couples to stay at. Highly recommended.

3  Thank Peter P
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you for taking time off your busy schedule to post a review.Swift,precise & compelling.All some viewers will need to make a decision to stay at beautiful Bonsai Villas.

Much appreciated

Kind regards

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Me and my wife just left Bonsai Villas after 6 wonderful days, I decided to write this review not only to help other travelers but also to show my appreciation to Rudi, is associate and all the staff, specially Mus.
The Villas are very quiet although their location is only 200 meters away from Seminyak main road and 15 minutes (walking) away from gado gado beach.
There are several restaurants, shops and a supermarket (Bintang) near the Villas.
The villas are very spacious and the pool is right in front of any of the Villas (it is in the middle of the four villas available).
The staff were always helpful. I rented a bike, they marked a map with places I wanted to visit and advised the most important ones.
These Villas have a very good relation quality/price and everything they sell or help you buy, like tours, bike rental and even the mini bar products are inexpensive.
I will definitely be back on my next visit to Bali.

4  Thank PedroCM
bonsaiseminyakbali, Owner at Bonsai Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2011

What a great review from Portugal.Like so many of our guest you were a wonderful a couple to attend to.Thanks for mentioning our low priced mini bar,after all its no fun having to lug heavy bags of drinks back to your villa on bali`s hot hot days.Better to stay by the pool and let our staff look after you.We don`t get many guests from Portugal but i`m sure after reading your review the numbers will increase.We all look forward to you return visit.

Warm regards from all at Bonsai.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I booked Bonsai villas for 4 nights, after going through many reviews on TripAdvisor. The place more than met our expectations.

I booked the taxi from airport to Bonsai, via email with Rudi. The response was prompt, and the taxi driver was holding a placard right at the Arrivals. A smooth 45-min drive to Bonsai.

On arrival, our room was being readied for us.Moose received us, and showed us around the place.

The villa has a semi-open sit out area and an open shower area. The room is air-conditioned and has big closed windows, which can be covered with shades. Lots of resident geckos and frogs around, which led us to keep the slider between the room and bath area always closed. The mosquito coils/repellants are replaced every day.

The items in the mini-bar are priced at Supermarket rates. So, don't bother to stock it up. Every day, the items are checked and promptly replenished.

There is no Breakfast included, and this was clearly mentioned to us before booking. The place itself is 2 mins walk from Jl. Raya Seminyak which is teeming with Cafes and Restaurants. The Bintang Supermarket is just a hop away. The beach is a good 15-20 mins walk, but we enjoyed making our way through the busy streets. It is also close to "Eat Street" which houses some of the best eating joints in Seminyak. The beach itself is not gorgeous, but is supposedly a happening party spot.

What makes this place special is the staff at Bonsai. Starting from Rudi to Moose and Widhi, all of them are ever smiling and ready to help. If you need anything, just ask. Moose and Widhi used to clean the room daily, and keep it sparkling all the time. Impressive.

Bonsai Villas is a nice place to relax, while you enjoy the various food joints and spas at Seminyak.

2  Thank Samarth U

Thank you India.Your review bought smiles of gratitude from our staff who are always looking for hints as to how to improve their service.the warmth of your response to the smallest little service was very much appreciated.Even though the staff are only doing what the are trained to do its the little extras that make all the difference.

Warm regards from Muss & Wedi ,as well as the rest of our staff.
Kind regards

Reviewed November 13, 2011

In April 2011, my husband and I spent the first 2 nights of our 5-night stay in Bali at Bonsai Villas. Check-in was a breeze, as we were welcomed and ushered to our villa by the friendly Rudi, Bonsai Villas' owner/manager. During our stay, there were only 2 villas in Bonsai but there were 2 more villas being built. At the time of booking, Rudi informed us of the ongoing construction work and offered us a 25% discount from their regular rate. I was a bit apprehensive at first as I didn't want to be bothered by the noise nor by the presence of construction workers, but I need not have worried. We were out for most of the day so the expansion work was totally unobtrusive.

The bathroom was unique in that it had an outdoor shower and a half-open toilet. It was actually memorable (and quite liberating) to take a shower in the open air, surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds. There was even a resident frog whom I had to keep an eye on while I showered to make sure it didn't come too close to me.

The Japanese-inspired villas were very kitschy and not really our personal style but we could not complain. Oh and the service was extraordinary! Rudi and his staff were very efficient, friendly and hospitable. I loved how they left a travel binder in our villa filled with heaps of helpful tips and information about the area. Nice touch.

Another thing I liked about Bonsai Villas is the prices of their mini bar -- they were the same as the prices in the nearby supermarket. So we could drink all the mineral water and beer we wanted, without having to worry about exorbitant hotel prices. Awesome!

All around, we had a very lovely stay at Bonsai Villas and to this day, talk very highly of it and the extraordinary level of service. Thank you, Rudi and staff, for making our stay oh so memorable!

-- Chris and Pagan from the Philippines

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pagypooh
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was not expecting much however I was pleasantly surprised.
Bonsai Villas - quintessential, tranquil, serenity, calm, secretly tucked away right in the heart of Seminyak.
Rooms- Clean, fresh, LOVED the open space of the villa.
Bed was comfortable, minibar reasonably priced,
Toilet/Shower- clean, again the open space is a plus.
Staff - Awesome! Rudi - manager fantastic to deal with.
TV- reception good quality although not a variety of channels.
Location- great, cafe's, markets, shops all in walking distance, however, the beach is not so close. Also, to get the the villa you need to walk/drive down a really narrow alley way. I traveled solo and as a female walking down that alley alone particularly at night had my heart racing.
I wish i had stayed longer to take advantage of the peacefulness the villa had to offer.
I would highly recommend it for solo's or couples who want the best of both worlds..quiet relaxation with the option to party hard down the street.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo