My husband and I stayed at the Honeymoon suite at Aria Luxury Villa for two nights and honestly wished we hadn't for the price we paid and the expectations we had before our arrival at the villa.
I had initially booked for Aria Exclusive through the site but the email confirmation stated Aria Luxury. The difference didn’t bother me until we arrived at the villa; i honestly think that the pics I saw on the website of Aria differed greatly from the actually look of the villa. It then got me thinking if “Exclusive” and “Luxury” were two different villas. But then found out they are situated with the Luxury Villas behind the Exclusive. Very confusing and kind of felt deceptive.
The honeymoon suit (villa 5) we stayed in looked quite old and lacked maintenance. The pool looked quite dirty with pedals and leaves floating around. It didn’t look like it was cleaned before our arrival. Also, the pool side was filled with “plants” that looked more like weeds, yellowish and lifeless. It was around 3 pm when we arrived at our villa, but due to the lack of sunlight in our villa the pool looked more like a pond. Honestly, my husband and I did not feel like swimming in the pool at all and we never did so during our two-night stay at the villa. There was a lot of grime in the bathtub as well.
Additionally, lighting in room was very POOR! We called reception the first night about fixing one of the light bulbs that had burned out before our arrival (again it should have been replaced for our arrival). They said they would fix it while we were out the next day but then it still wasn’t fixed when we returned in the evening. Their answer was “Sorry sir, we couldn’t find the parts needed to fix your light.” It’s reasonable to assume that they could have gotten the parts during the day to fix the light. How many staff does it take to replace a simple light bulb? The two nights we were there, we had to use flashlights in our room. Our entire villa was extremely dark giving the villa an eerie ambience. The light was so dim you could barely read!
Also, the gate to our villa was left half-open when we got home the second night. Reception said that room service might have left it half-open by mistake. Another big disappointment to us….
And there was only one car and driver to take guests places, which we thought was inadequate. We ended up having to take a cab.
I wouldn't stay at these villas again as they are too far from the Seminyak shopping districts and the villas have too many faults to be worth $225 per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aria Exclusive is a new set of Exclusive villas designed for the discerning travelers.Make a choice, as each of our villas is differently set up to better cater for your individual needs and priorities. Choose from luxury bathroom experience, luxurious swimming Pool, or spacious living and dining area. These are the combinations provided in our modern villas style to satisfy all the needs of astute travelers. The property are 19 unit of villa in charming luxury place in Seminyak- Kuta – Bali. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Aria Exclusive Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aria Luxury Villas And Spa
- Aria Luxury Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Aria Exclusive Villas And Spa Bali/Seminyak