“The BEST Couples Retreat”

Aria Exclusive Villas and Spa
Ranked #39 of 423 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Reviewed July 27, 2011

After taking off from Townsville QLD direct to Bali, we arrived at Aria Villa and Spa...WOW. Never stayed at a villa before in bali always hotel accom. Won't ever go back to hotel rooms after this experience. It was just the best way for 2 people to re connect and have amazing one on one time.
You walk into your Villa, there waits a 7 meter swimming pool just for you, beautiful waterfall feature. Open air kitchen, lounge and dining, then you walk into your bedroom, an amazing king size bed that could sleep 3 people easy. Plasma tv, with dvd, stereo and then the bathroom. Bathroom was everything you need. Massive bath, great shower.

We have booked already for next year. Honestly you couldn't ask for anything else. The privacy was the BEST. No one ever knocked on your door, unless you asked for something.

4  Thank matt094

Reviewed July 20, 2011

we stayed for 2 nights (18th & 19th July 2011) & had a great time in Aria villa. Staff are very friendly (including the security guards & the maintenance guy) and they have made our trip so memorable. The villa is so cosy & clean. We stayed in Villa J (Juliet) :) and we especially love the POOL and the sexy bath tub. :) The bed & pillow is also very soft & comfy. It was indeed a very memorable experienced during our Bali trip this time around.

To those who plan to stay in a pool villa in Seminyak, look no further. Aria villa is the ONE!!! and I can assure you that your money will be well spent on. :) We loved every moment of our stay in Aria... :)

Room Tip: spacious and clean room, with huge and comfy king size bed. :)
1  Thank eanmei
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We spent 14 nights at Aria. Just to be clear, there are 2 parts to Aria Villas. There are the exclusive villas which are newer (6 months old) and the luxury villas are the older ones. We started out in Villa 16 which was one of the new villas (I clarified this before our arrival). We had a lot of noise coming from a private villa adjacent to villa 16 (not part of Aria) on 2 nights and we requested to be moved to a villa that was adjacent to the rice paddies. The management were very accommodating and moved all of our things for us and the rest of the stay was blissfully quiet. The pool on this side was also warmer for some reason. The room was all fine no complaints at all. The staff were so friendly and engaging, nothing was too much to ask. We did find Breakfast a bit monotonous and we don't drink instant coffee (very ordinary cappucinos were an extra A$1.50 each) so in the end we went to Biku for excellent cappucinos and yummy breakfast. We liked the location, it is a little out of the way but lots of yummy restaurants close by or hire a scooter for less than $5.00 per day and then nothing is far!
We would stay again.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank phoebekiora
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Aria from 5 July to 13 July. We booked through a Wotif special.

I was a little worried when I heard some of the negative comments about the Aria but I ended up loving it and cant find a bad word to say about it.

The Villa was absolutley beautiful. Our private pool was a great size and always refreshing. The bed was massive and comfortable, and the TV was in a perfect position to watch some newly purchased DVD's at night. The bathroom was massive and the bath was in its self a lap pool. The outdoor shower was beautiful and totally relaxing.

We opted to have breakfast delievered to our villa at a cost of US$2.00. Totally worth it as you can stay in your PJs and lay in the morning sun.

The staff we always friendly and we never had an issue getting a ride into to Seminyak. Although if they dont have a car available they will call a taxi for you.

If i had to find a bad point (trust me it is hard to do!) I would say that it can be noisy when the planes fly over head, but I honestly didn't notice it that much and you cant hear them in your room, its only when you are outside.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnnaSWR
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Had a great stay for 7 nights. Staff are very friendly and always happy to help. Couldn't fault the service as every night, on return from shopping in Seminyak, our lights were on, bed made, mozzie coil lit in dinning area & AC going in bedroom. When one of us got "Bali belly" the staff drove us to a pharmacy in the shuttle and spoke with the pharmacist to get the best medication. It was much appreciated thank you.
One person commented that there is no kettle for coffee - but there is a hot water tap on the fresh bottled water dispenser that could be used. Although the spa isn't open yet we were given a complimentary massage in our villa which was most relaxing.
It was a beautiful villa in a quiet area in Seminyak. There are also some nice restaurants, like the Atrium, within walking distance.
Loved the open layout, especially the open area bathroom. Would gladly stay here again & highly recommend to anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday.

2  Thank MrJoeMsErin
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We have just spent 19 nights in Bali staying in villas in various spots but in more larger complexes and we found the Aria Villas good value for money. Having only 30 villas it meant the service was excellent. The villas with the decent sized private pools & outdoor areas had a lovely feel to them. It was nice to look out from the large bedroom (which also had a lounge settee) straight out to the pool. It gave a feeling of being right on the water. The bathroom is very spacious & a lovely outdoor shower & large bath. If you want a quiet place to sleep then this the place. We had a rice paddy next to us which was very peaceful.

The check in was done directly in the villa which we found very refreshing not having to stand in a hotel lobby. To sit down in your own dining area overlooking the pool having the welcome drink & go through the paperwork was a great touch also very quick.
We had room service for 2 of our dinners which was also good value & was lovely to eat in the dining area overlooking the pool with the night lights on without all noise was just lovely.
We also found a lovely restaurant open for dinner only. Just walk out to the main road & directly across the road on the corner is 'Bonita Bali'. It has an indoor & outdoor area which has a lovely atmosphere with the little touches such as candle lighting on the tables, great food at a very reasonable price. Also on Friday & Tuesdays nights there is a live show which is very well done. Would highly recommend it.

We will certainly return both to the Aria Villas and Bonita Bali Restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Paying $250 a night I expected something a little better.Sure, the villa looked like the pictures i saw on the website, but it was dirty,as were towels etc.The floors were dirty when I arrived and stained with drink spills etc, and were not cleaned for the entire stay which was 6 nights. No kettle to boil water for coffee,so I asked reception,who sent up a cooking pot.When I attempted to boil water in it, turns out the gas burner in the kitchenette wasnt connected,instead the copper pipe underneath led nowhere! The Spa was closed,as the manager said they had no equipment inside ( the spa being one of the main attractions for me in booking). My deal included fresh fruit every day as well as breakfast cooked in my room every morning.I had fresh fruit first day but that was it.I was told if I wanted breakfast in my room,it would be extra.There was an outdoor area to relax in but it was empty of any furniture.The pool filter was never turned on and I had to ask for it to be filtered every day.probably worst of all...a big rat ran through the kitchen area one night !! All in all, for the money I paid (thinking I would ensure a comfortable clean place especially in Bali) I was sorely disappointed. :o(

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo