This is the first time we have ever stayed in a villa as all our stays have been in 5 star hotels. I was quite worried and have been writing to clear my doubts. Emails were promptly replied and the staff were very accommodating to our requests.
We, a family of 4, was only there for 3 nights and we enjoyed every moment of it! The moment we entered the villa (Akara 7), it exudes a sense of warmth and we were checked in very quickly and professionally. Drinks were served in our villa and our teenage kids love lazing around the pool, though the water was a bit cold.
Breakfasts was served on time each morning and the selection was great. Again, our butler, Aktha was very accommodating to our fussy selection and to avoid mix-ups, he even gave us a form each instead of one form to each room! As we were busy out sightseeing the whole day, we missed the afternoon tea which I'm sure was just as good.
A good selection of TV channels. Air conditioners - we turned on the both the air-conditioners in the living room, thus it was good. Wi-fi was good except that we have to log in again and again if we left our notebook, phones, ipads idle for a while. Ipod in the villa had a good selection of music as well.
Location of the villa was really good - 2 mins walk from W Hotel. Ku de ta, Potato Head, La Luciola are all just round the corner. As we do not have our driver with us in the evenings, the concierge very kindly offered to take us out to our destinations - Seminyak Square for shopping, La Luciola for dinner and sunset and Naughty Nuris for dinner each evening.
While their bathroom amenties is quite complete, I felt that they should have included conditioner in it. Generally, everything in their villa is 5 star, eg. bed linens, service, food and beverage, etc. Things that needed upgrading perhaps would be the towels and the mattress. It's firm but it could be firmer ... just being fussy especially when we had to pay US$480 per night. The doors to bedrooms and bathrooms could do with a varnish ...
Special thanks to all the staff - they were very helpful and friendly. Their attitude was impeccable. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a stone’s throw away from Petitenget Beach, the exclusive one, two and three bedroom Akara Villas are designed to anticipate every need of the taste-conscious traveller to Bali. Consistently booked out, Akara Villas showcase chic villa living in the midst of Bali’s hippest resort area, a perfect alternative to a weekend city-break or a sneaky week away with the family. A private entrance to each villa leads via walkway through to tastefully appointed and spacious living quarters, replete with adjoining pool and sun deck lounging areas. Luxurious bedding and furnishings give the villas a cosy yet modern feel as days are spent reclining and unwinding poolside whilst enjoying the flat screen TV with DVD player, WiFi Internet, Bose iPod dock sound system with butler on call to cater to every whim. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Akara Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akara Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Akara Villas Bali/Seminyak