“Honeymoon retreat”

The Amala
Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Honeymoon retreat”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Amala as part of or honeymoon for 3 days. They collected us at the airport and took us to the hotel to have the most amazing Balinese massage. After a whole day of traveling it was just what we needed!
Breakfast is delicious, the place is very quiet and it is really easy to relax. The staff was very helpful too. We had a nice time.

Stayed April 2014
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Erika M,
Thank you for choosing Amala to be part of your Honeymoon, what an honor for us and the team to be part of such important part of your life. I am so happy to see that you have enjoyed your moments with us and that we could give you a great start into your honeymoon.
Once again thank you so much for your time to review us on Trip Advisor and for staying with us. We hope we can welcome you back maybe for your first Anniversary :)
Have a great weekend and sunny greetings from the island
Madlen & The Amala Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Priced well if you can get the discount as a little tired in the rooms. However a great location and lovely staff made the trip 5 star even though I would say faiclities were nearer 4.5 star.
Do your research online first as the staff are happy to organise but dont provide many suggestions for day trips unless they are "text book". Overall a great place in Seminyak and I would stay there ahread of the W Hotel & other 5+ star resorts as far more peaceful and unique.

Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear GayleD,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I really appreciate that you have pointed out what services you have enjoyed with us and what could be improved to make it top notch. I am sure especially with trip suggestion we can be more considerate toward the individual guest.
Once again thank you so much for your feedback, and I hope we will get the opportunity again to welcome you here at the Amala
Have a great weekend
Sunny greetings from Bali
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed in April for 9 nights. Despite being a solo traveler, I was pleasantly surprised with my experience. The hotel is small, so the front desk remembers everyone's names and the staff goes out of their way to ensure satisfaction. I stayed in a pool villa which was spacious, modern, and had a private plunge pool, steam shower, outdoor tub. The rate included a la carte breakfast and I cannot speak highly enough of the food. Though to be fair, the food leans towards healthy options. The staff also arranged a variety of tours and activities for me, all of which were incredible. I enjoyed my stay immensely.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Mawusi M
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Mawusi M,
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, great to see that you made it home well; it’s such a long journey you had to endure to get back home. I have traveled on different occasion alone and I personally think that it is not always easy to be a single traveler, therefore I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we could make your stay enjoyable.
Once again thank you for staying with us and safe travel wherever you go
Sunny greetings from the Island
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My partner and I had a truly amazing time at The Amala. From their fantastic car service and attentive butlers to their delicious breakfast and amazing facilities. I would definitely recommend The Amala for anyone looking for a private and romantic getaway. Thank you very much for making our time in Seminyak so enjoyable.

Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear DanielStephen88,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. Your confidence in us to recommend The Amala & our services is one of the best compliments we can receive. It makes us very proud that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable.
Once again thank you and we truly hope to welcome you back some day to the Amala for another get away.
Sunny greetings from a very hot Bali
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed in April for 2 nights. And we were blown away instantly from the lobby facade. We were booked in for a Spa Villa but were upgraded to the Pool Villa which was fantastic in terms in amenities, own kitchen with hob, water cooler, complimentary fridge full of healthy drinks. Lounge and kitchen faced the pool, which was great.

The room was a great size and comfy bed, bathroom was huge with 2 sinks, bathtub, sky shower and toilet. Overall interior was in clean, contemporary and luxury with dark woods, grey marble/stone bathrooms. Right up our street.

Location wise is a 5 minute drive to the busier part of Seminyak, but a 10 minute walk from the cute local boutiques on Jalan Raya Seminyak. Is off a main road but when you're at the hotel you felt very secluded, was silent in the evening.

We each received a free 15 minute massage and airport transfer. We only wished we could've stayed for longer.

Dear thisislouisalau,
Thank you very much for your beautiful feedback on Trip Advisor. The Team and I are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we could leave a long lasting impression with you. Your stay with us has been indeed rather short and I hope that you will have a chance soon again to book another getaway with us here in Bali.
Once again thank you very much for staying with us and hope to welcome you again soon here at The Amala.
Have a great weekend and sunny greetings from Bali
Madlen & the Amala Team
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 21, 2014

“How was your trip?” my friends asked.
I responded with just one word, “AWESOME” hence the title of my review.
They said the place I stayed was huge!
I explained myself that I had booked for the Pool Villa instead and got a free upgrade to The Residence (TR) when I check-in because of some maintenance going on at my pre-booked villa.

HERE IS MY REVIEW
I was overwhelm by the hospitality of The Amala (TA), the airport pick-up who waited patiently for 2hours at the airport, gave us ice cold pokka green tea & hand towels once we sat in the vehicle.

Within an hour, we arrived and proceed to check-in. It was hassle-free, just provide the necessary documentations that’s all. That’s when the staff explained the maintenance and the free upgrade.

I was brought to TR straight away, the friendly staff enlightens me how many villas are there, and there is ONLY ONE, TR. When I step into TR, the place was huge just for me and the missus and the staff notifies us that the rooms on the second level of TR will be locked since there are only two of us, but the public area & balcony on the second level are still accessible.

He went on explaining on the facilities within TR from the kitchen, water dispenser, cutleries, cups, to the living room, living quarters and the bath area.

The “black book” comes in handy whenever I needed something from meals to television channels (I was watching F1 and Soccer over the weekend), activities and all I need to know information…etc just a ring away~

You would think TA is near the main road and would be polluted with noise, the answer is NOPE. It is rather quiet once you’re in TA and in the serenity of your comfort villa.

The staffs even decorate two lovely swans with candle light and rose petals at the jacuzzi area & bathtub on our second night back from our outing.

Overall, I will strongly recommend The Amala to my friends and family members and will visit again.

Dear Steven KKTAN,

Your feedback was a delight to read this morning, thank you very much to take your time to write such a detailed AWESOME review for us on Trip Advisor :). We are very happy that you have enjoyed our services and the upgrade was appreciated. Unfortunately we cannot give all the time room upgrades but whenever possible and available we are always happy to let our guest experience the unexpected.
I truly hope we will have the chance to accommodate you both again here at The Amala.
Once again thank you for staying with us, with best regards from the sunny island of gods
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I have just got back from a lovely holiday to Bali. We stayed in a spa studio at The Amala. The room was gorgeous, typical Bali style with a wooden pitched roof and outside shower/loo. The Amala is hidden away from the main road and they play relaxing music throughout the exterior, it's a little eden.

We had a fantastic breakfast everyday as well as a free hours treatment that's included in the spa studio rate.

The staff were beautiful people so I can't understand the negative reviews. They went above and beyond for us, booking transfers, private cars, tours and restaurants.

The negative review about the bugs & mosquitoes, well what do you expect in Bali?! It's a tropical island! Every day the staff came in to our room and lit a citronella candle, they even sprayed our room with bug spray if we wished. The water is not drinkable anywhere in Bali so I don't understand this comment either.

If you want to stay close to Seminyak and would like a relaxing stay, then I would highly recommend the spa studios. We will definitely be booking this again for our next visit.

Room Tip: The spa sudios do not have a pool, however there are only 3 spa studios so the pool area is very qui...