The Amala
The Legian Bali(Seminyak)
$628
$441
Agoda.com
The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$127
$100
$497
$310
Hotel Vila Lumbung(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$67
$60
Agoda.com
Amadea Resort & Villas(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$81
$64
Agoda.com
The Seminyak Beach Resort & Spa(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$237
$192
U Paasha Seminyak(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$132
$111
Agoda.com
Courtyard by Marriott Bali Seminyak Resort(Seminyak)(Great Value!)
$128
$114
Hotels.com
$201
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspa villaour honeymoonsteam showerbanana pancakesplunge poolcooking classoutdoor bathtubrose petal bathbali delispa sessiondeluxe roomboutique resortbreakfast menuturn down servicebutler servicewould highly recommend this hotelfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the Amala upon a recommendation from a friend and we were very pleased with our stay. Despite being in a bustling part of the city, very close to a main road, you could hear no noise from the streets, and you could even feel your stress levels drop as you entered the gates. All of the staff were kind, courteous and helpful. We couldn't believe how eager everyone was to help us, or to simply smile and say hello. The food was excellent - you get spoiled at breakfast everyday! We also enjoyed the spa services. What a great way to start your vacation! I had two "Balinese" massages, a facial and a foot massage/pedicure. The staff were very courteous and respectful and the treatments were excellent. All in all, we very much enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to stay again, or recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Spa Villa which was small, but fine for our purposes, as we spent our days out exploring. It was a good value for the price.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Missmands,
The idea behind The Amala was simple: to create the perfect wellness retreat quietly tucked away in the heart of Bali’s most exciting neighborhood. I am very happy to see that our idea could be realized and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your time to share your experience at The Amala with the Trip Advisor Community. I really hope that we will be able to welcome you soon back again to pamper you with our services.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Decided to book this villa after reading the great reviews here. We stayed at the Spa Studio which included a 1hr daily spa treat for each guest... That's what got us hooked to this deal! The resort provided complimentary 2 way airport transfers as well. When we got into the car, our driver provided us with nice cold towels and water to refresh ourselves.
Upon arrival at the resort, we were swiftly escorted to our room to do our in-room check in. The room was a little small but it's cozy for 2 gals... The entire bathroom was outdoors... nice idea but just need a little more lighting... You wouldn't want to shower/do your "business" in the dark :)
Breakfast was decent with very good freshly squeezed juices. Loved the Spa treats to pamper ourselves!
It's a small property with only 15 rooms and villas so service is good.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Thamkl,
I hope you arrived well back home and that the Christmas shopping is not stressing too much. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. The spa studio is indeed our smallest room category but YES the deal is very tempting to get pampered every day with a one hour spa treatment :)
Thank you for sharing what you have enjoyed with us and what you would like to improve. The outdoor lightning in the bathroom is definitely something we can work on to improve and hopefully by your next visit you can enjoy a brighter Spa Studio.
Once again thank you for staying with us and The Amala team and myself wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year…
Best regards
Madlen

Reviewed December 2, 2013

These were our favorite villas in a city. There is no street noise yet you are very close to the main areas of Seminyak. The villas are well appointed with a kitchen, very large outdoor covered lounge area with the largest of private pools we stayed at! The bedroom is air conditioned and the bathroom is nothing but classy and spacious. The service is amazing and they help with everything you need. They deliver your food to your villa upon request. They have a ride service to areas around Seminyak. They treat you as a valued guest. It happened to be my birthday and my wife told them so the entire staff showed up to our villa with a very nice cake and sang me happy birthday.

The spa was amazing and I had one of the best massages there. I will 100% stay there next time I am in bali. Thanks so much for making our stay perfect!

Room Tip: Villa #8-Pool Villa

Dear PhilSD,
Thank you for your feedback and spending time to review us on Trip Advisor. We were honored that you have chosen The Amala as your stay away from home during your birthday and we are happy that we could make it a little for you.
Our Spa Therapists are all amazing girls and I am very fortunate to have them on our team. I am so happy to share your positive comments with them. They are always so excited to see the positive comments on Trip Advisor. I truly hope we will have soon the possibilities to welcome you back to The Amala in the near future. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year…

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Amala was very pleasant, from the moment you walk through the door you are surrounded by smiling,helpful faces,always very eager to assist with all manners of request. From surfing lessons to suggesting the best nasi goreng in town. Comfortable beds and accomodations,great private swimming pool and some of the best food in Seminyak.

Room Tip: The pool rooms are very special and very private and well worth the extra dollars
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Madlen E, Manager at The Amala, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Eugene B,
Thank you very much for staying with us, it was our pleasure to accommodate you here at The Amala. We are very excited to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As well big thanks to you for spending time to review us on Trip Advisor, even though you might be busy with your daily routine back home.
Once again we truly hope to welcome you back soon again to The Amala – thank you and have a wonderful day

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We recently stayed here for 5 nights in a spa villa and from the moment we arrived we were constantly impressed by the cleanliness, level of service and overall ambience of the whole place.

The room- amazing. Clean, well designed and perfectly comfortable. Lovely turn down service where your room is also sprayed/prepared with bug repellent.
Having breakfast served to your own personal space is also a great extra- and the breakfast are wonderful. I am not a fan if buffet breakfast so the choices suited me perfectly.

The staff at reception were great- offering recommendations for dinner and making reservations and arranging cars to collect us- sometimes taxis, but sometimes the bigger restaurants will collect you and return you to your hotel. They recommended we ate at Jambaran beach one evening to watch the sunset, and we would not have done this had it not been suggested.
The hotel will also arrange a driver for 4/6 or 8 hours. We had one for 8 hours and the cost is very reasonable,they also gave us a suggested itinerary of places we may like to visit.

We also had spa treatments and what a delight this was- the treatment rooms like the rest of the place are perfectly designed and very relaxing.

I was slightly worried just before travelling here as I read some not so great reviews on trip advisor, but I can honestly say that I think they are totally unfounded as our experience of The Amala was perfect and I would certainly recommend it to all of my friends visiting Bali.

Dear Sarah 1232,
First of all let me express our thanks to you for spending time to review our services in such detail. The entire team and myself are very happy to hear that you have had a great time with us and that you have enjoyed our services to the fullest. Thank you for sharing with the Trip Advisor community your point of view, we really appreciate your honesty and compliments. The entire Amala Family and I really hope to welcome you back to our little retreat soon, and that we have another possibility to pamper you.
With a little rain shower this morning we hope the sun will come out soon to send you sunny greetings from the island of Gods