“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #16 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Bengaluru, India
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at the Amala for 2 nights with my wife in the Spa Villa and loved every bit of it. We were on our honeymoon and could not have chosen a better place. The service that we were offered was excellent, starting right from the pick up.
What I found refreshing was that we were addressed by our names all the time. That's the kind of personalized service that one looks for.
The rooms are very well appointed and clean. We were booked at the spa villa has a plunge pool, a steam room, mini fridge (which was replenished every morning) and all basic amenities. Web had a bit of a problem with our AC but the technician was called right away and they were able to rectify the issue (just an example of the service). The breakfast is heavenly and the banana pancakes are a must.
The Amala is located in Seminyak, around a 20 minute walk from the Seminyak beach. The people at Amala were able to arrange for a cab for us to travel to surrounding areas.
Would surely recommend the to couples looking for a bit of privacy. Also, the hotel has a policy of not allowing children as guests.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bali
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I arrived to Bali on the 22nd for the first time, and my first interaction with Amala Hotel was when I was picked up. As soon as I was in the car, I was handed a cold towel and a bottle of cold water, which was PERFECT. Upon my arrival I was greeted by the butler, who was very kind and escorted me to the room. When I was in the room, I was given an amazing welcome drink that was very refreshing, and some succulent spring rolls combined with a sweet and sour sauce. Very needed and unexpected made it all that better. Although it was late and wanted to rest after 26+ hours flying, the butler took me on a brief tour of the property, which was excellent, very knowledgeable (told me about the property, amenities, etc...) The next day I woke up and as soon as I walked out the door I was escorted to one of the tables in the restaurant for breakfast. Breakfast was excellent, especially the Banana Pancake and Mie Goreng, along with a juice made from fresh fruits, especially tropical fruits. I just gotta say that my time at Amala was incredible, a place where you can unwind, relax and forget about time. That is exactly what any person goes on vacation for, and best of all is that all the restaurants, bars, beach, shopping is in the Seminyak area, so everything is close. Although knowing there are more things outside the hotel, I didn't really need to know because everything was there for me at Amala.

Congrats on such a great hotel! Great service, great ambience, great team.....PERFECTION!

Room Tip: The pool villas are amazing!
1 Thank el_americano4
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This property is a peaceful and lovely gem at the entrance of Semyniak.
You are near everything but at the same time away from the noisy night life.
If you have the chance, take the villa instead of Spa Studio. The $$$ difference is small and what you take is really worth it!
Breakfast is just amazing!!! Try the juices, natural yogurt with fruits… everything so fresh and healthy.
Please make sure you save some time for a spa treatment.
Staff is lovely and so helpful. In my case I was traveling alone and they did take a good care of me:
1. I forgot my mobile phone charger. They went all the waty to the airport to deliver it to me.
2. I had some big trouble in a non-official money changer. When I told the front desk what had happened, they sent one of the boys with me in order to claim the 200 USD they had stolen from me. I did get it back!
That is service!!! Thank you guys!!!

3 Thank viajante_GRU
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stay 2 nights in this villa on 07/02/12, i love this villa, modern design, clean & bright, very helpful butler, friendly staff & an excellent spa service. THE BEST PART IS EVERY MORNING WAKE UP BY THE BIRDS & FROGS CALL.
Location acceptable, about 5 min walk to the main road but nearby still can found some local & italian Restaurants.
The only comment is the Jacuzzi in my villa not clean enough still can feel the sand & leaf inside the water. Not much activity in the villa (no gym room, no garden, reading corner with limited books only- not even Chinese Magazine) & no DVD provide in your villa, TV Chanel not so clear too and Breakfast not much choice.
It's good for 2 or 3 night stay, not suggest for long stay if not you will feel bored.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank EritreaYeoh
Melbourne
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My boyfriend and i stayed 8 nights at The Amala and loved every second of our stay there.
The spa villa was perfect for us, the private jacuzzi is more of a plunge pool as the jets are not strong like the spa's in Aus.
The breakfast was always super-fast and fresh... Loved the fresh juices and the yoghurt was amazing.
The staff were incredible, so friendly, helpful and attentive.
Every time we left our room, we would return to fresh towels, more bottled water and a clean room. Sometimes this meant that our room was made up 4 times a day. The turn-down service at the end of the day was also fantastic... the airconditioner was always switched on, the mosquito net covering the bed and bathrobes laid out for us. The insense burning each night in the outside bathroom was also beautiful.
The atmosphere was so special and relaxing. Super peaceful and quiet.
The location was also perfect for us. We were a short strol to convenience stores, pharmacy and money changers. A short walk to amazing shopping, and a $2 taxi-ride to the beach-end of Seminyak where some amazing restaurants and bars are.
We cannot thank The Amala staff enough - they were always happy to make dinner reservations for us, and offered to drop us off to dinner.
One night we ordered dinner in our villa, and it was great value for the wonderful fresh food. Incredibly cheap compared to Australian room service prices... especially for steak and tempura vegetables. The only small negative to our stay was the unreliable wi-fi reception. However when we needed to send an urgent email back home - the staff happily offered the use of their laptop in the reception/office.

We have never stayed at a place so wonderful... highly recommend.

Room Tip: Spa Villa was amazing - Villa 2 was extremely quiet and had half shade, half sun on the villa deck.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iloveitall
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I was looking for weeks and weeks for a nice boutique resort to stay on my own to relax and Tripadvisor had good reviews so I decided to give it ago.

I don't usually travel with a package but it was good that the package included the pick up from the airport because when I landed, it was pouring down with rain and it would have been terrible trying to get a cab and find the villa in the rain.

Generally overall experience was very good due to very friendly staff. There were few glitches here and there but all the staff made sure they were attended to straight away.

1. Due to the rain, I wasn't given a tour around the resort so I had no idea where everything was. It would have been nice if they told me to come and see the butler next day so they could at least show me where the pool and the library were.

2. I booked a spa studio and had some leakage from the ceiling and after a bit of complaining, they upgraded me to a spa villa. The spa villa was exceptional!

3. Food at the restaurants are very nice and price is very reasonable. Their banana pancake and scrambled egg whites were really good for breakfast and their raw Pad Thai was really really delicious.

4. Massage at their spa is really nice. The ambience is great and staff know what they are doing.

5. Location- it's a little noisy if you are staying at spa studio but from spa villa, it's very peaceful.

I would like to thank all the staff making sure I was happy!

Room Tip: Book a spa villa if you can, it's 10 times better than Spa studio. The Spa studio had a toilet a...
1 Thank Nicky0125
JoseLuisCalleR, Managing Director of Lifestyle Retreats at The Amala, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Dear Nicky 0125

Thanks for your positive review regarding your stay at The Amala. We have just launched the Spa Studios (4 of them only) so I assume you were one of the first guests to experience those units.. although cozy and small (definitely reasonable in price as you would agree with me) are not as cool as the Spa Villas.

Sorry about the leakage. I have blocked that room and our contractors are fixing that small leakage to make sure its taken care off. I have also reminded the butlers to meet our guests the day after in case we can’t spend much time on arrival as it was the case due to the rain or simply for those arriving too late.

Food and Spa are key elements of the product while being so small while operated by 47 employees allow us to provide a very personal friendly service to our guests.

Thanks again and stay in touch!

Jose Luis Calle
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 5, 2012

There was a roach in my welcome drink, when I mentioned it to my butler (who made the drink) he said it was impossible. No not impossible, there was a roach in my drink, a simple apology would suffice.

The private pool looks as if it never has been cleaned because it hasn't.

The service could have been a lot better.

Breakfast is good and though there were issues my stay was still very enjoyable. I mean I was in Bali afterall. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank stacey212
Dear Stacey 212

Thank you so much for sharing the details of your recent and rather unfortunate stay with us. I can’t express how sorry I am for such an incident. Please accept my sincere apologies for such situation.

I have followed it up with our team and conducted additional training in how to handle similar situations being more apologetic and definitely reacting differently than the way our butler naturally did in this occasion. Terribly sorry about that.

We appreciate your comments and will definitely work harder to make sure that stays at Amala are simply faultless.

Thanks again and please contact me directly should you plan a trip back to Bali so we can make it up to you..

With best regards