Teka-Teki is a home-stay and that's one of the reasons we chose it . We had both rooms for over a week and for the price we paid were extremely pleased with how pleasant our stay was. Everyone was so welcoming - it really felt like we were staying with friends.
At around $37 a night Teka-Teki is value+++, very clean, quiet and central to Seminyak. Downstairs is air-conditioned, upstairs is not - however it has a good fan. Even with the remains of a head-cold and 33 degree, humid nights it was very comfortable. The only slight 'bother' I found was the quite steep staircase to the upstairs bedroom - think Led Zeppelin - but then that's my old squash-players knees!
As far as hoteliers go, you couldn't do much better than Jules who is honest and upfront, friendly and very helpful (don't know how you put up with our thousands of first-time Bali visitors questions, Jules!) And do have breakfast at 'home' in the garden - fruit and juice fresh from the market each morning prepared by Putu and Kedak who do a great job around the house (and I STILL miss your banana pancakes).
All in all, I would recommend it as a value-for-money, low-cost B&B.
P.S. Bali does have a lot of dogs which may be daunting for some. The road home at night appears to be very safe but is unlit (torches are available in the hotel). The household dogs Dian and Louis are quiet friendly, the street dogs barked on passing - but that's about as far as it got, and even the Doberman down the street was just a great big softy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right in the heart of Seminyak, 10 minutes walk to the beach, seconds to great shops, clubs and restaurants, Teka-Teki House offers clean, affordable accommodation to single travellers, couples, groups, friends and small families of all ages. Balinese from the outside, with all the modern comforts inside. Teka-Teki House is a guesthouse, not a hotel. We value diversity and welcome all guests as our family. Our family also includes two Bali dogs and a Bali cat so you won't even have to miss your pets. After staying at Teka-Teki House, you'll feel like you've been living in Bali for years, with local staff, and one Australian to help you find the Western conveniences. We have a variety of accommodation: a mixed 6 bed dorm, 2 rooms that share a bathroom and 3 rooms that have their own bathroom. We can also help organise tours, transport and adventures for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Teka-Teki House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teka-Teki House Hotel Seminyak
- Teka-Teki House Bali/Seminyak