I stayed in the (smaller) Kecak room at Teka-Teki for 4 nights in mid-January, and could not have made a better choice! This is the kind of place that one would be VERY hard-pressed to find without the help of TA'S reviews. It's located in a little laneway (Gang Puri Kubu, not "Kubi" as indicated here on Trip Advisor) not far away from Queen's Tandoor in central Seminyak, within easy walking distance of a lot of good bars and restaurants (be sure to take a flashlight with you, esp. during the rainy season, as the road is poorly lit at night). The room itself was very clean and functional, with a comfortable queen-size bed, a small TV with an excellent variety of channels and good A/C for those sticky Bali nights. Heck, there's even a small safe in the room for your valuables! The bathroom is shared with the other room upstairs, which can be a little inconvenient if you're not used to that, but it is a lovely and clean semi-outdoor bathroom and, at 200,000 IRP a night, who could complain? There is a very cozy little courtyard just off the room where you can watch the rain and admire the birds, as well as a mini-kitchen and library on the way to the bathroom. The layout is perfect and no detail has been overlooked: you're in a traveller's secret haven. The highlight of my stay at Teka-Teki was its hosts: Jules, Ketut, Putu and Kadek - and let's not forget Dian and Louis! All of them are most welcoming and genuinely friendly and helpful (esp. Louis if you want him to help out with your food!). Trust me, you'll really feel at home here! Thanks to all of you for a wonderful stay - I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right in the heart of Seminyak, 10 minutes walk to the beach, seconds to great shops, clubs and restaurants, Teka-Teki House offers clean, affordable accommodation to single travellers, couples, groups, friends and small families of all ages. Balinese from the outside, with all the modern comforts inside. Teka-Teki House is a guesthouse, not a hotel. We value diversity and welcome all guests as our family. Our family also includes two Bali dogs and a Bali cat so you won't even have to miss your pets. After staying at Teka-Teki House, you'll feel like you've been living in Bali for years, with local staff, and one Australian to help you find the Western conveniences. We have a variety of accommodation: a mixed 6 bed dorm, 2 rooms that share a bathroom and 3 rooms that have their own bathroom. We can also help organise tours, transport and adventures for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Teka-Teki House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Teka-Teki House Hotel Seminyak
- Teka-Teki House Bali/Seminyak