“Great value in the heart of Seminyak.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teka-Teki House

Teka-Teki House
Ranked #22 of 103 Seminyak B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Great value in the heart of Seminyak.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Teka-Teki has a real home away from home feel and I loved my time here. I went for the budget room Legong and I still thought it was great value for money. It can be a little warm in November, so maybe the air conditioned rooms would be better for some folks, but for me, the fan was still adequate. I loved having my breakfast on my little balcony. Each day I tried something different - Mie Goreng (so good), banana pancakes and eggs - all great.
There is no pool here, but you can walk to the golden Village pool about 500m away and swim there. The only condition is that you buy something from their cafe - no problem, it can be a iced tea for $1.50. Definitely worth doing to refresh after a long day.
2 of the 3 nights I got my taxi to drop me right at Teka-Teki, because the laneway to the property was fairly dark. The third night, I ate at Queens Tandoor, which is literally in front, so I walked back and it was fine.
Juls and Agung are lovely and one of them is usually on site. They are adding nice touches and have just had a little bale built in the courtyard.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LeeLou64

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights and I found it really good! The guesthouse is a 5 minute walk from the main road but it is far enough to be quiet and perfect for our rest at night. There is a short cut in the morning to go to road leading to the beach which we used.
The double bed was very bouncy so I was glad when we shifted rooms the second night and I got a single bed instead.
Breakfast was yummy! My fav was fried noodles, cut fruits (mangoes) and a hot cup of balinese coffee.
Special shout outs to the friendly security guard who settled us in at midnight, to Agung who gave us good recommendations of places to eat, Nengah, the driver that Teka Teki sent to pick us up at the airport and the lovely cooks who made the delicious breakfast every morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was traveling around Bali for a little less than 3 weeks. I spent my last 4 days in Seminyak and I dont regret choosing Teka-Teki House. Its a little hard to find, I wouldnt have been so pleased if I had been walking around with all my luggage in the heat, but I was in a car so I didnt mind that much.
I stayed in the Kerack room wich is a really good room with good AC, TV and really good bed and linens (3 kinds of pillows). The bad thing about Kerack is that its located on the ground floor and sometimes there are people right in front of your window, so not really good privacy there. The bathroom (is shared with one other room) is really natural looking (loose stones on the floor) and the shower is good.
The breakfast is outstanding - please try the banana pancakes! I have been thinking about them ever since I was there. What I also like about the breakfast is that you have the menu in a mailbox on your door where you place your orders and tell them what time you like to have it served. Really creative and fun. Another nice thing was the book/DVD library where you could pick out things to watch or read while there... or just place another book or DVD on the shelve and keep the one you want to read/watch. Very sustainable and friendly.
The service at Teka-Teki is to remember and never forget. They are so incredibly nice and helpful, without trying to much. I spent me first day on the beach and came back with a bad sunburn and Bayu (the host) gave me a lot of natrual Aloe Vera. The next day I could get out because of the sunburn and they took such a good care of me. Having food from places in the neighborhood delivered to my room etc.
The location is really nice you can walk to the beach and all the main attractions. But they also rent out a motorbike for a fair price.
All in all a really nice hotel. But I recommend staying upstairs.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chau Doc, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Really good value place in Seminyak. Beautiful, clean, good breakfasts, very friendly and helpful owners. Definately recommend staying here when you are in Seminyak. Also a really good location. There are books you can swop, a tv in your room. I think my room cost 240 a night, there is also a cheap dorm for 150 a night, stayed there my first night and then moved to the Kecak room, both were really nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just finished 10 nights in the downstairs AC room which was fantastic. The location of the guesthouse is ideal, not too far away from the surrounding action yet quiet enough not to hear any late night noise.

Jules and Agung, along with all the other staff really do make you feel very welcome. We were invited to an evening sunset BBQ which we ordinarily would never have found or gone to ourselves down at Echo Beach. To sum it up I think you come as guests but leave as friends.

You really can't fault Teka-Tiki and with more facilities on the way it can only get better and better.

Thanks Jules and Agung and best of luck with the new arrival!!

Room Tip: Teak-Tiki offers one of the only places which has a dormitory and is tastefully finished, worth cons...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in Teka-Teki's Baris room for 4 nights in September 2012 during our stay in Seminyak (it was the last 4 days of our almost 1 month honeymoon in Bali) and we truly enjoyed it! We felt like the guesthouse was well-maintained, very reasonably priced, conveniently located and all the stuff was very friendly and tremendously helpful!

So the hotel is basically 2 houses (fenced) very very close to each other. The main house has a yard with a pond with fish, a nice common lounge area, a mini-fridge (you can take drinks from it and pay later), free hot and cool drinking water and a little kitchen, which can be used by all guests, and even a little library and dvd collection. The other house also has space outside the rooms with two couches, a table with 4 chairs and a towel dryer, and a pond with two turtles :) The yard is well-maintained, all the rooms are clean and all furniture is in great condition. Our room (Baris room) was spacious, well-furnished, with good well-working bathroom. 4 big towels were provided, in the drawer we found many useful things like flashlight, pens, anti-bug spray etc. :) Also, we rented a motorbike right from the Teka-Teki at a competitive price.

The owners of Teka-Teki, Agung and Juli, and the manager Bayu are young, fun and very friendly. Bayu is just the most helpful and kind person :) We really enjoyed talking to and learning things about Bali from Bayu and Agung. Thanks guys, you are awesome! Oh, and their two dogs, Scooby Doo and Diane are very friendly! We loved Diane... Bayu, say Hi ti her from us ;)

For us the location was very good, because we went everywhere by motorbike, so the fact that the hotel is not right on the beach didn't bother us at all. Teka-Teki is in the middle of Seminyak, which is great, and despite their central location it is very quite in the hotel, as they are situated in a hidden small road.

It is very hard to find any drawbacks in the guesthouse. Maybe for us the breakfasts were not as tasty as we got used to in Ubud, where we stayed for 2.5 weeks before Seminyak. But hey, the breakfasts were still good and the choice of breakfast is very large :) Also, the Wi-Fi spot at our house got broken at the time we were there, so we had to go to another house to use the internet, but it was ok. Hope they repaired it by now :) Btw, the internet costs a fixed small price for the whole stay.

To summarize, me and my husband would strongly recommend this guesthouse. Btw, they are opening a new hostel-type room in the main house this October, the price will only be 10 USD be night - when I come to Seminyak next time I will most probably stay there ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

What made our stay at Teka-Teki so memorable was the outstanding service. All of the staff, especially Bayu and Putu, were friendly and also extremely helpful in making arrangements and answering questions. Unlike other places we stayed in Bali, the prices for a driver, surfing lesson, etc. were very reasonable. The room itself is very basic, but quite comfortable. The hotel grounds are in a pleasant little neighborhood. Breakfasts were excellent with plenty of choices and generous portions. There is a secret path to the beach where you walk through narrow passageways alongside a neighborhood temple. It was very atmospheric, like a hidden treasure!

The one suggestion I have is for the lighting in the Baris Room. Maybe some light fixtures for the overhead lighting with softer lighting will make the atmosphere even better.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the two newly built rooms, the Baris room. This is set up as a duplex and the t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
PING Hotel Seminyak Bali
Ilotbali
Ilotbali
#72 of 103 in Seminyak
The Bali Dream Villa & Resort

Been to Teka-Teki House? Share your experiences!