Below is the email I sent to the owner after our departure. I have yet to receive a response.
The only positives about our stay were the super sweet female staff members and the complimentary breakfast - it was actually delicious.
FYI, the rates on their website are not accurate; they're actually charging more, which is mind-boggling.
My friend and I stayed at the Puri Duyung the nights of 27 Sept and 28 Sept 2011. We were extremely disappointed with our experience.
First, no one informed us that the very loud noise from the Red Room would be so audible in our hotel room. Both nights we were unwillingly kept up until at least 2am because of the loud music. Last night there was a live band that was louder than any music we've ever heard. It sounded like they were playing in our hotel room and not the Red Room.
Second, the room we were given (room #109) had a number of problems:
1. Big hole in bathroom ceiling.
2. Toilet did not work properly - paper did not flush. On our first night, someone came to look at it, told us it was fixed, but we still had the same problem after he left.
3. Shower head was broken. The shower head was not able to be affixed to the pole because it was broken. Additionally, the water pressure drained if you tried to use the shower head standing up. So we were forced to sit in the tub and use the shower head in order to take a shower.
4. 2 of the lights in the room were not able to be turned off (the light on the wall by the terrace, and the light over one of the beds), so we had to sleep with the lights on.
5. The air conditioner remote stopped working in the middle of the second night. We were unable to turn off the air conditioner. Additionally, we think the air conditioner vent is very dirty, because we both got sick (stuffy nose) after sleeping in the room.
Last, we found construction materials and tools scattered about the pool and staircase area and we were woken up at 8am each morning to the sound of construction (hammering, banging, etc.).
We are respectfully requesting a refund for our stay. Please get back to us as soon as possible.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Duyung Hotel Bali/Seminyak