“Swiss and Indonesian fusion”

Ranked #105 of 555 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lestari BBQ CateringEat as much as you like at your homeMixed SaladGreen SaladTomato / Cucumber SaladPasta Salad with VegetablesGarlic BreadItalian DressingFrench DressingRoquefort Cheese Dressing1000 Islands DressingBeef TenderloinTuna MédaillonsChicken BreastFrankfurter & Chorizo SausagesBaked PotatoesRatatouille VegetableSour CreamCafe de Paris SauceDill SauceBlack Pepper..
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The owner is Swiss and the food has some overtones in this area,but the local influence comes though with beautiful fresh produce esp the fish.All the fish dishes we tried were top class.The Silver Dory was possibly the best fish I have eaten and certainly the best I have had in a long time.We will visit again as we have been told that the Tuna is the signature dish!
Well done to the chef and staff.Look for the Rotary Wheel on the wall of the restaurant as the local Rotarians meet here occasionally.

1  Thank Simon K
Lestaribali, Owner at Lestari Grill & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Simon

Thank you very much for visiting Lestari Grill & Pasta and for your very nice and helpful review.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We found Lestari initially when it was located up at Umalas which really was a bit of a trek into the wilderness, but the location was amazing and so romantic next to the pool. Gorgeous!! We went there twice to have their scrumptious cheese fondue. Such a shame they had to move but I guess that's progress.

We have now visited their newly located place 3 times over the past 2yrs. I adore their cheese fondue - it is so flavoursome and just like Switzerland. I found it quite expensive compared to the rest of the menu but that's because imported chees IS expensive in Bali, but to me, it was totally worth it. The pate as an entree is also very tasty and the desert of Toblerone mousse is out of this world.

Apart from the food, we love the complimentary little frozen Margarita and Taster; the service, the very cheap price of the frozen Margaritas, the menu and even better, the fact that they don't charge the "plus plus" in taxes. Oh, how I wish others would follow suit.

My only 'negative' comment is that I have found both the pate and the mousse was not cold as if just taken out of the fridge. It was like it had been left on the bench for a while and that's a cause for concern for the pate particularly. Having said that, I have never been ill after eating here and I'm sure it is fine but I would prefer it a little colder!!

It is also pretty hard getting a taxi home as there aren't many around that area and if you call one, of course, you have to pay more for it.

1  Thank franb51

Dear Guest

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I tried this restaurant just the other day while in Bali on our honeymoon and after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor.
We both had the tuna (the one pictured) and it was melt in your mouth amazing!!!
We were given a complementary frozen margarita and spring rolls to start to, which was a nice touch.
Staff were good and the service was nice and fast.
Highly recommend!!!
Wish we could have gone back to try more of the dishes.

2  Thank AshHanson
Lestaribali, Owner at Lestari Grill & Pasta, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Honeymooner

Reviewed April 7, 2014

After two weeks of spicy food our stomachs needed a short break. The Lestari was just next door, so we gave it a try.
The service and the food wher at best. The staff was very professional without loosing the authentic Bali charme.
We had a steak (perfectly timed and very tender) with fantastic pommes and mixed Ravioli. The Pasta was wonderfully thin and very tasty. Just Perfect, even applying traditional Italian Cuisine !!!

Dear Martin

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I had the eat as much as you can and it was a great choice.
All the meat with the different sauces were delightful
Highly recommend it