“Good Food Average Service”
Review of Trattoria Seminyak

Trattoria Seminyak
Ranked #158 of 535 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Our Roots - Established December 2002 in the popular Seminyak area of Bali, Trattoria has become known to ex pats, tourists and locals as the original home style Italian restaurant. Serving award winning authentic Italian cuisine and pizza at an unbeatable value. Created and owned by Edoardo Guerrrini and Executive Chef Olivari Vanni, the two partners have taken what they've learned growing up in Italy and New York City and established what is now a staple throughout Indonesia. Our secret ingredient - authenticity, simplicity, quality imported ingredients, great service and value. Since opening, Trattoria has been a vanguard in the Seminyak area, having been the second restaurant established on Jl. Oberoi, today the restaurant still sits among the elite on the main street known as "Eat Street." With an unpretentious ambiance, home made pastas, breads, desserts, and friendly service, Trattoria truly lives up to its reputation as an informal restaurant serving simple Italian dishes.
Perth, Australia
“Good Food Average Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had come to Trattoria as friends had recommended we have a meal here. It was a little busy when we got there, the lady who served us got the order wrong and brought out the tortellini instead of the "tortelli" and when we told her it was wrong she didn't seem to budge about taking the food back so we ate it anyway. A few big groups had come to eat at the same time and were having to wait outside until some tables freed up so it made us feel like we needed to rush our meals to let others in. There was a bit of an argument as 2 groups fought over the same table which seemed to ruffle a few of the staff and they had raised their voices and were yelling at each other in italian, it wasn't great for the atmosphere. The food was great but the service was second rate (for Bali). My fiance also got Bali belly straight after eating here so not sure whether it was something in the food/drink.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
“Great Food/Average Service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

After a few days of the non-stop Nasi Goreng Diet many European holidayers face when first visiting Bali (also the fact that I was holidaying with my Italian friend), I found myself at Trattoria on New Years Day 2014 for lunch.

Firstly, take mosquito spray and use it liberally. This place was swarming with hungry bugs. We even had a bee that would not leave us alone throughout the dining experience but hey, the restaurant can't be blamed for that.

The restaurant was very busy and at full occupancy on the day that we visited. It was also severely understaffed and when I looked around at other patrons there was a general consensus of frustration at the level of service that was being provided. It's not that the staff were rude, they just had no choice but to ignore a few waving hands (not from us) and focus on one thing at a time.

The food was incredible and amongst the best and most authentic I have tried outside of Italy. We ordered two pastas (the fettuccine ragout was delicious) and a pizza which was super tasty. The food alone is worth the visit and I am sure on a night where they are not fully booked (and understaffed on NYD) the experience would have been better.

Would recommend.

Melbourne
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I found this restaurant to be a little over rated, with the food not matching what you expect when looking from the outside in.

This said, the meals were definately authentic Italian, however, in my experience with Italian cusine, the more authentic the Italian restaurant claims to be, the more basic is the food, both in ingredient and portion size.

My partner and I, as usual ordered different dishes so that we could share, and we both found our pasta dishes to be bland and not compare in taste to our hotel room service pasta range.

Whilst I understand the love of olive oil, I felt its use in this restaurant was far to heavy, to the point where eating the Bruschetta was unpleasent and oily.

I found the seating to be crammed and the staff too busy to offer proper hospitality.

I wish I could say better things about this restaurant, however, it just wasnt what I expected.

Cut the bill by 50% and I think its in its range.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent pizza!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Trattoria is just cross the street from our hotel U Paasha. Small restaurant, easy to get a table when we visited. We had pizza, tinn and very tasty, quick service, smiling and friendly staff. Just go for it.

Visited January 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Top”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very good Italian Food and Pizza, extremly fast and very good
Management Congratulation. And there is some real fresh Tomato
Sauce on the Pizza, crispy baken.