“Great Food/Average Service”

Trattoria Seminyak
Ranked #151 of 510 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Our Roots - Established December 2002 in the popular Seminyak area of Bali, Trattoria has become known to ex pats, tourists and locals as the original home style Italian restaurant. Serving award winning authentic Italian cuisine and pizza at an unbeatable value. Created and owned by Edoardo Guerrrini and Executive Chef Olivari Vanni, the two partners have taken what they've learned growing up in Italy and New York City and established what is now a staple throughout Indonesia. Our secret ingredient - authenticity, simplicity, quality imported ingredients, great service and value. Since opening, Trattoria has been a vanguard in the Seminyak area, having been the second restaurant established on Jl. Oberoi, today the restaurant still sits among the elite on the main street known as "Eat Street." With an unpretentious ambiance, home made pastas, breads, desserts, and friendly service, Trattoria truly lives up to its reputation as an informal restaurant serving simple Italian dishes.
Perth, Australia
“Great Food/Average Service”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

After a few days of the non-stop Nasi Goreng Diet many European holidayers face when first visiting Bali (also the fact that I was holidaying with my Italian friend), I found myself at Trattoria on New Years Day 2014 for lunch.

Firstly, take mosquito spray and use it liberally. This place was swarming with hungry bugs. We even had a bee that would not leave us alone throughout the dining experience but hey, the restaurant can't be blamed for that.

The restaurant was very busy and at full occupancy on the day that we visited. It was also severely understaffed and when I looked around at other patrons there was a general consensus of frustration at the level of service that was being provided. It's not that the staff were rude, they just had no choice but to ignore a few waving hands (not from us) and focus on one thing at a time.

The food was incredible and amongst the best and most authentic I have tried outside of Italy. We ordered two pastas (the fettuccine ragout was delicious) and a pizza which was super tasty. The food alone is worth the visit and I am sure on a night where they are not fully booked (and understaffed on NYD) the experience would have been better.

Would recommend.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I found this restaurant to be a little over rated, with the food not matching what you expect when looking from the outside in.

This said, the meals were definately authentic Italian, however, in my experience with Italian cusine, the more authentic the Italian restaurant claims to be, the more basic is the food, both in ingredient and portion size.

My partner and I, as usual ordered different dishes so that we could share, and we both found our pasta dishes to be bland and not compare in taste to our hotel room service pasta range.

Whilst I understand the love of olive oil, I felt its use in this restaurant was far to heavy, to the point where eating the Bruschetta was unpleasent and oily.

I found the seating to be crammed and the staff too busy to offer proper hospitality.

I wish I could say better things about this restaurant, however, it just wasnt what I expected.

Cut the bill by 50% and I think its in its range.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent pizza!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Trattoria is just cross the street from our hotel U Paasha. Small restaurant, easy to get a table when we visited. We had pizza, tinn and very tasty, quick service, smiling and friendly staff. Just go for it.

Visited January 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Top”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Very good Italian Food and Pizza, extremly fast and very good
Management Congratulation. And there is some real fresh Tomato
Sauce on the Pizza, crispy baken.

anywhere in the world
“Came here as Ultimo was busy, wish I had waited”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Long queue at Ultimo, decided to give Trattoria a try. And wished we hadn't....

Ravioli - tasteless and under-seasoned,

Carpaccio - good quality steak but lacked any dressing. Also under-seasoned.

Rosemary bread - not enough rosemary, not enough olive oil, not enough garlic. Not enough anything!

Basic food and they cannot get it right. Similar prices to Ultimo next door, but far from Ultimo quality. Equals poor value for money. Didnt bother ordering dessert as they can seem to handle the basics.

Not a total disaster, but not at al; good either. My advice would be to go to Ultimo.... and if there is a queue, then wait! It will be worth it!

• Visited December 2013
TrattoriaAsia, Manager at Trattoria Seminyak, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Hello An0nym0use,
Thank you for your honest review. This is not something we take lightly even during peek season. It seems that the entire meal was not up to our standards or yours. It would be my pleasure to invite you back as our guest so that you can possibly have a true authentic Trattoria experience. We pride ourselves on creating the taste and feel Italy. We try to be very authentic as our owners are both from Italy.

Please contact me from our website TrattoriaAsia [dot] [com] or our Facebook so I can book your reservation and the meal will be compliments of the owners.

Maria