“Just nice!”

Abimanyu Villas
Ranked #307 of 421 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
“Just nice!”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

I came to stay from 9-17 march 2011. 4 adults, 5 children aged from 1-9 yrs old. Overall, we love our stay there at the 2-bedroom villa.

Kitchen area is pretty spacious and it is well equipped wit utensils. Living/dining area can get pretty cramped but it is ok wit us nonetheless. Bedrooms are just basics. Nothing fancy. Attached to each room are toilets big enough for 5 kids to run around. Equipped wit a tub n a shower area in each bathroom. The pool is lovely. It is clean when we arrive.

The service is the best. From the guard who took care of us and the ladies who cleaned the place. They were full of smiles and extremely friendly. We had some problems to the cable tv and d wifi for the first day and they rectified the problem as soon as possible and we enjoyed no interruptions after dat. Laundry service was quick. Towels changed daily. Almost perfect.

The only thing i do not like abt d villa is dat the way in from the main road is a little too dark n when it rains, it gets rather muddy. And distance is a bit far. Besides dat, everything is jus fine. Furniture in d villa is a little worn but u cant hv high expectations for it. I'm jus glad there're no rats around.

• Stayed March 2011
3 Thank JuSaLisFiaYah

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Gold Coast
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here with adult children over the New Year period, 2011. As we had booked 10 days before we arrived there was little available in Seminyak for 5 adults. The location was great for our 'shopping girls' but the condition of the villa was very poor. With so much cheap labour in Bali I don't understand why these villa are so badly maintained. The roof of the outdoor deck leaked and my husband slipped and fell, hurting his wrist. The bathroom ceiling leaked creating a mouldy smell , but when we were sitting in the lounge and a rat ran in front of us.. health issues came to mind!!!. I spoke to the lovely ladies who cleaned the villa but it appeared as though that was normal to have rats. (They run under the doors, they told me) The villa advertises WiFi internet but we found that it don't work very often. After several days of thinking it was a communication problem we found out it was due to the fact that the owner had told the staff to turn it off.
I would love see the villa painted, washed with bleach to remove mould and replace the old and smell couch covers so that it is at least clean and presentable. The pool was nice but i couldn't say more strongly -
-DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Darin28
Ocean Grove, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Upon arrival we were greeted by two of the workers of the Villa. We were hot, so we automatically jumped in the pool. At the time we didn’t take any notice that it was green, that we couldn’t see our feet, let alone the second step into the pool. After getting out we went to make our baby some food in the kitchen. The kitchen was a disgrace. There was no microwave, oven or grill. None of the cutlery or crockery matched, we didn’t have any bowls and the pots that were provided were the lowest grade aluminium pots that I have ever seen in my life. Throughout ten odd years of backpacking, I can’t recall a worse kitchen. This was appalling. We had a baby to prepare food for, as he’s under one year old, we still had to sterilise bottles. When we tried to sterilise the bottles the aluminium pots would produce a thick level of white sediment, similar to long-term lime build up in kettles. And this was using bottled water, not the water from the disgusting sink. My husband and I enjoy cooking, but there was almost nothing we could do with this kitchen. The fridge wasn’t clean, and had left-overs in there from the previous guest, as did some of the cupboards. There was no air-conditioning in the living areas! This meant that we had to spend most of our times confined to the bedrooms. On the first evening we even turned the telly around and sat in the pool to watch it.

On our first full day we decided to have a wonder around Seminyak, but this was our honeymoon and we had really just wanted to spend it lounging around what we had thought was a luxury Villa! The bathrooms were spacious, yes, but unusable. The were musty, which is somewhat expected in a humid environment. At the base of the showers, where there looked like there should be a row of plants (!) was rubbish and mould and damp rot. You couldn’t use the hot water as it smelt of rotten egg gas. The towels were old and full of holes. I will say that the blue and white striped pool towels were quite nice, thick and soft. The bedrooms were also spacious, but impractical. There was a wardrobes with only hanging space and a desk. It would be suitable for people bringing suits that needed hanging who were doing business work on the desk. There was no draws for t-shirts, shorts, bathers, underwear, all the small stuff that is the majority of what you pack when travelling to a hot, beach location. The wireless internet didn’t work, again, rendering the desk useless (except for keeping a pile of t-shirts). We also walked to the beach, which was considerably further than all the advertising material made out.

By the end of the second day we realised it was the pool that had made my husband and son sick. The pool was our only salvation – there was no air-conditioning in the living area! Our only other option was to hire a car and a driver, at least this way, we could spend some of the day in an air-conditioned car. Only problem was, my son was so sick by this stage that sitting on his poor red butt in a car seat was punishment. Our tour lasted 4.5hrs (only just enough time to get out of the city traffic and back again).

The following day we went to the doctors, got our son some medicine then went to the airport and changed our flight home to being that night. There was no way in the world that our son was going to recover while staying at the Villa. When we returned to the Villa to pack our suitcases the pool had been cleaned. We couldn’t believe it. It was crystal clear – we could see leaves and a chlorine tablet on the bottom. Amazing, why the heck couldn’t it have been clean when we arrived?

We paid $150 US per night. In Australia you wouldn’t get a private pool, but you could get much much nicer accommodation. I’ve never ever left accommodation early, or cut a holiday short. I love travelling and have spent every spare penny in the past 12 years doing so, I have two full passports. Never have I come across such poor value for money.

Writing this review is not likely to get me a refund (my families health is worth more than $2000, the lost accommodation, cost to reschedule flight and doctors and medicines bill). But I hope it makes others think twice before staying there. We are still awaiting test results from the pool water.

The owners of Ville Abinmanyu should be disgusted with themselves.

And this was our honeymoon.

Summary.....
* The pool made my toddler and husband sick
* The kitchen was worse than most backpackers I've ever seen
* The bathrooms were mouldy, grubby and the hot water stunk like rotten eggs
* We only stayed 3 of the 10 nights (because my son was never going to recover while staying there) booked and they wouldn't refund us
* There's no aircon in the main living area

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank n0mad_nellie
Singapore
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed at this villa for 4 days/3 nights with my husband and 2 kids, aged 2 and 5+. This was our 2nd trip to Bali. Previously, we stayed in Furama Xclusive, in Ubud.We stayed in the 3 bedrooms villa but we only used 2 of the bedrooms, 1 remained locked during our stay. i would first write on the pros and follows by the cons...Here it goes..

Pros:
1) Location, walking distance less than 5 mins to the main streets full of restaurants and shops.
2) 10 minutes walking distance to Bintang supermarket
3) Quite reasonably price though I have googled and found that there were other villas of lower price but were unavailable for our period of stay.
4) Each bedroom has a large bathroom with rain shower, in fact, this bathroom is the largest I have ever seen in a villa/hotel.
5) Living room is spacious too with a dining area and kitchen. The kitchen comes equipped with kettle, kitchen utensils, pots, many cups, plates, bowls, etc..You can actually do your cooking there.
6) My kids like the swimming pool the most, it is about 3 x 7 m.
7) Free wifi but the connection does not always work. Once it worked, the speed is ok.

Now the cons...

1) Some part of the living, bedroom and kitchen looks worn..
2) The floor didn't feel very clean when we first checked into the villa but improved the next day when the cleaners came to do the housekeeping. However, I still feel that the cleanliness should be improved. I have stayed in better villa,e.g Furama which was obviously better in term of cleanliness.
3) The towels, bedlinens should be changed to new ones since the ones we used looked rather worn. I had a towel with a small hole in it. The bedlinens too had a few small stains on closer look. Luckily, these towels/bedlinens had no smell on it or it would be a real turn off.
4) The small road leading to the main street is not like a normal road we expect, it is rather narrow and when it rains, it can be quite inconvenient with pockets of water on the road. They should improve the road condition leading to the villa.
5) Breakfast they offered was really basic on the first day, just plain toast bread with butter and jam and cut fresh fruit. This breakfast was part of the package.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank chemistry88
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I live by the word if you can't say anything good don't say anything.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Pros:
Good location just off busy Jl. Raya Seminyak and Jl. Abimanyu, easy walk to the beach and short distance to Bintang Supermarket. The pool was nice and quite large for a two bed villa. Reasonable price, we paid approx £90 a night renting the villa as a one bed. The ladies that do the cleaning and make breakfast are really lovely and helpful.

Cons:
They have gone for a modern look which is a shame when you are in Bali where wood and stone carving are so prevalent. There is no phone in the villa, it would have been good if they had a pre pay mobile we could have used for the duration of our stay. The kitchen was a bit dark and basic, the bathroom was similarly dark and a bit damp. But both were very clean and adequate.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Catty82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Primera Hotel Seminyak
The Breezes Bali Resort & Spa
Villa Jineng
Villa Jineng
#365 of 571 in Ubud

Been to Abimanyu Villas? Share your experiences!