There's no kids club and beach not swimable. This resort had lots of kids staying during our time. We didn't know the W brand was so family friendly. Fine with us as we had a child too! The resort does cater for kids 1) there's daily kids activities at set times eg sand castle making, giant Jenga / connect 4 to name a few 2) they have kids menu 3) I felt the pool was more suited to kids than adults as most parts weren't that deep. Although a tiered pool, no one really swam in the top 2 tiers since pebbles lined the base - looked more like a pond or maybe it was a pond, so bottom tier or biggest pool was busy with kids (and adults trying to relax in a tranquil? environment ) 4) the pool counter had swim noodles, sand castle equipment, and big floating bean bags were in the pool, 5) the resort had many quirky scultpures/ displays around that was a novelty for all ages. 6) lots of shaded areas and canopy (no charge unlike some resorts)
If are looking for an inside and outside setting that wows, a place that can still offer fun to your kids without a kids club or Waterslides, has good food and service, then this is probably it. We've tried a few luxury resorts in Bali but the quirkiness of small touches around the resort, bold colours around the pool, and tasteful contemporary style makes this resort a memorable experience compared to other highend resorts. This is what makes the W unique to other resorts in Bali. It's not another "Balinese style luxury resort" or another "contemporary style hotel" which is a bit boring for us now. other than the food and staff, I can't think of anything Balinese about it.
Besides lots of kids, there was also lots of outside tourists wandering around main pool area to check out the resort and take photos. Due to this, the main pool area wasn't as tranquil as we had hoped. Deck chairs filled most spaces around the pool and people everywhere so the whole ambience actually felt busy and crowded during our stay. For this reason I take away 1 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape hectic philosophies, and why not plunge into vibrant glitz amidst natural splendors? We're a new found playground along the shores of Seminyak, where trendsetting chic restaurants, clubs, fashions and eclectic galleries await discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your W Bali - Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Retreat & Spa Bali - Seminyak Hotel Seminyak
- w Retreat And Spa Bali - Seminyak
- W Bali - Seminyak