“Second time around”

Ranked #25 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Sydney
“Second time around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

So we stayed at the W last June and raved about it. How was it second time around.

Awesome but still with flaws.

Staff are amazing. There when you need them and always with a smile.

As I said in my review last year - if you can afford it stay in a villa. Your own slice of paradise.

Problems - same as last year - plumbing. This time no water pressure if you wanted shower in middle of day.

Would I stay again - without a doubt

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cam20801
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Hello cam20801,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you chose to return to W Bali and once again enjoyed your experience. I do apologise regarding the water pressure and will assure that this is checked by our engineering team to prevent further problems.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

W in Bali is just gorgeous!! Amazing venue! I have to say the best thing with this amazing place was the service! The attention to detail was second to none. The staff were super friendly and helpful but the one that stood out for us was
MADE ADI from the Fire restaurant. Such fantastic service and a beautiful person and gave a personal touch to our experience. I highly recommend him!
Well done W! Awesome retreat! Definitely coming back :)

• Stayed June 2014
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello Giada_Rullo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and all the retreat has to offer. I will pass your kind comments back to our talent who will delighted to hear that they made your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for more wow moments soon.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

There are good hotels and then there is W. Fabulously decorated and great location. Pretentious service, misses the mark as a luxury hotel. Seems to be trying to hard to place itself as a top tier hotel but lacks genuine hospitality.Too busy trying to exude the cool factor that they forget that on a holiday it's all about creating a personable and memorable experience for their guests. Staff seem well trained on the surface but are like robots and lack heart.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank NatMel15
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello NatMel15,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience and I am disappointed to hear that you felt the level of service you received was not as I would expect.

I do hope that you will return to W Bali and experience the wow factor of our Retreat and talent.

New Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Absolutely pathetic. Customer service is forgotten by this brand. Booked and paid for 5 nights through hotel beds. Upon arriving they say they dont have a room booked and charged my card for a 1000$ per night again. Are you kidding me ?
Don;t know who's at fault, W or Hotelbeds, however I shall not be the one dealing with this situation for 3 straight days during my stay there & paying twice. With out a trace of hospitality these guys every morning showed up and locked my room through their master keys as if I am gonna run away. Hey cmon, I've paid and am paying again twice the amount for your damn room & hotel.
Guys, stay at the adjacent Anantara for a better stay & hospitable experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
12 Thank farestay
Dear farestay,

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor post and sorry to hear that you were not happy with your stay at the W Retreat and Spa Bali.

Whilst we accept that you are very frustrated, please allow me to respond to your post.

On the day of your arrival at the Retreat there was no booking in our system for the reservation that you made and paid for with Hotelbeds.com. Rather than causing you further frustration the Welcome Agent offered you a villa at a rate that you agreed to, in an effort to get you checked in. We then reached out to Hotelbeds.com to assist you resolved the issue and find out why there was no reservation in our system.

The Welcome agent called you the next day and you decided to extend the villa by an additional night. You then extended an additional 3 nights after that. Through our follow up with Hotelbeds.com they did honor the 3 night stay that you initially booked. Where you indicate the hotel locked you out of the room, this is not the case as you only booked a 1 night stay initially and extended each night there after, where by the keys need to be re cut for each additional night as they are new reservations. Room keys do expire each day at 12 noon on the day of departure.

Management did reach out to you during your stay to help get a resolution and you did indicate that after a difficult start you did have a good stay at the Retreat in the end.

We certainly appreciate and accept your feedback and do hope that my response has assisted you better understand what happened with your booking ,and how the hotel tried to assist you resolve this issue with Hotelbeds.com.

Best personal regards

Craig
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I spend one night at the W in Seminyak before moving on to a private villa. I would have loved to stay longer and certainly will when I am next in Bali as it was a truly great experience.

Our 'standard' room was spacious and very well decorated, the bed was great and we both got a really good night's sleep and the bathroom was spectacular.

I have been to the bar previously and it is still great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
W_Bali_Seminyak, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Hello AlexMorr,

Thank you for your fantastic repsonse. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. I do hope you will join us for a longer stay upon your next visit and have the chance to experience our restaurants and bars.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more Wow moments.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is by far the best SPG hotel ever.
We really enjoyed our stay there. Total pampering. Service and staff is exceptional.

Starwood hotels are good bang for the buck and has exceptional reward system.
This hotel was the best. The room, the restaurants, the pool area and the staff even the buggy ride to reach main street.
We enjoyed immensely. thank you!

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel rooms instead of the villa. villa is beatiful but isolation is not my thing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bums
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello bums,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and we exceeded your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more Wow moments.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is my 4th and my friend's 2nd trip to W Bali in 1 year because it's really the best - location, ambience, hipster and in our honest opinion, the friendliest and most helpful staff ever. This is the only hotel I know where every single talent who walks past you says the friendliest 'HI!'

Thanks to Dino and his welcome team, we were able to check in quickly and early. They also got us upgraded to an ocean view suite which we loved. It came complete with a specially prepared our welcome martini (hand shaken by Dino himself) and beautiful flowers for us in the room.

The pool is still as pretty as ever. They now have beanbags that you can lie on the water to laze the day away - bliss really! The staff over there, Dewa, Ketut and Awa (I always forget how to spell his name) remembered which is our favourite spot by the pool and promptly prepared towels and opened the umbrella upon seeing us.

The buffet breakfast at FIRE is still the best around - we loved the new ala carte menu which is stil! They even allowed us to order a couple of things off the menu! Pity we did not get to try Sunday brunch this time round..

We had the privilege of enjoying the AWAY Spa this time round and we loved it! The whole experience was relaxing and we loved our massage. Their hot tub and jacuzzi pool is quiet, clean and very nice to laze in as well.

Unfortunately, friend and I fell rather sick on our 3rd day there - we had a very bad case of food poisoning from dinner at an outside restaurant the night before. Upon hearing this, Dino and Rika were very concerned. Rika came to visit us and upon seeing us, she called in the hotel nurse to give us medicine and asked room service to send us porridge and lots of water. Both Dino and Rika took turns to call/visit us every hour or so to check if we were feeling better and if we drank enough water.

In the evening, we decided to go to the W lounge to get some fresh air and both of them came over to cheer us up. When we went over to Fire, a waiter (did not catch his name) came over to tell us that Tom had told him to look after us and ensure that we were well looked after. Tom was actually sick in hospital at that point and he still remembered to ask his colleagues to tend to us. At night, Dino visited us and asked for Ginger tea to be sent to us to alleviate and soothe our bloated bellies.

Dino, Rika and Tom have gone way beyond their call of duty to spend time looking after us and making sure we were well looked after. We can safely say that we come to W Bali every single time we step foot into Bali because of these 3 amazing talents. They are such a gem to W Bali and we love them very much!:) You guys are the essence of the WOW experience in W Bali!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hello shootingstaars17,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you have a fantastic stay and enjoyed the colourful playground of Seminyak and found time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more Wow moments.