“Absolutely Amazing”

Ranked #18 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I visited Bali in December and was horrified with my pre booked accommodation at Bhavana Villas. After visiting close to 15 hotels, including The Mulia, Samaya and The Legian, I chose the W retreat. We were greeted by a friendly staff member, Dino, and offered a good rate. Overall, the stay was spectacular. the food was delicious, the rooms were comfortable, the staff were friendly and ready to assist and the design of the hotel was exquisite! The atmosphere surrounding the hotel is great and the treatment makes you wish you could stay longer. Special mention must be made of Dino who really made our stay all the more enjoyable as he went out of his way to assist us. I ended up leaving with 2 gifts, a W shirt as well as a mug from the restaurant Fire. the only problem we experienced was with the water temperature in our rooms as well as the service in the bar, however, these did not majorly disadvantage our stay. This is a suberp hotel and possibly one of the best hotels in Bali with direct beach access. Thank you W!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello Natisha N,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that W Bali excceded your expectations. I will pass your thanks onto Dino, he will be happy to hear that he assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments at W Bali.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Stayed in a villa for four nights. Everything was perfect from the second we arrived to the second we left.

The villa is gorgeous. The service is impeccable. The breakfast at Starfish Bloo is out of this world. The treatment at Away spa is not to be missed.

By the way, the only negative reviews I have seen are from people with children. This is not designed as a children's resort. (Another reason to love it!)

I could go on and on...will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Villa 49 was a great location. Very central and fast buggy pick-up service!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello japhun,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and foudn the time to indulge and delight in culinary offerings.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more WOW moments.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to my stay at the W in Seminyak. Having travelled to Bali on several occasions, I had heard good things about it.

However, I could not be more disappointed.
For the price range W belongs too (it is VERY expensive) it was a total let down.
Services were not even near the standard you get in Bali. And for that price range, you have many MANY other much better options, some very near, in the same area of Seminyak.
My tip is: come to the W for a meal and enjoy the beautiful design. Don't stay here. It's not worth it.

Some reasons for the bad review:
- The 3pm check-in time. seriously?! 3pm! It's the latest check-in time I have ever heard of!
- The rude service at check-in. Attendants are more focused on looking cool than paying attention to you.
- The slow service at the pool. The waiters are very happy to tell you the coke you just ordered is going to take 25 minutes to reach you!
- the Wi-Fi internet is patchy and slow. Especially in the public areas.
- after I was given a room it took the bell service almost 2 hours to deliver my luggage (I had to call twice)
- even paying the very high rates everything seems to come with an extra price tag. It has a very commercial feel to it. Much more than any other hotel in this category.
One single but informative example, that I considered a trick: the water bottle next to the water basin says "Drink Up", but it's charged at more than 6 dollars (a price for a good meal in some areas of Bali). And the free water the hotel does provide was very hidden inside the minibar cupboard.

It's a stunning design hotel. It has good food. The breakfast is very nice. But at 500 dollars a night I expected perfection. It is VERY far from it.

The overall feeling was that they are using design and attitude (sometimes too much of it) to hide bad service.

Next time I'll come for dinner. But will probably never stay here again. The Oberoi, the Samaya and the Legian are all nearby. Go for them. Same price range, hundred times more classy, better service!

Enjoy Bali, it's fantastic!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank EduardoCancado
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello EduardoCancado,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do take guest feedback very seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve upon guest experiences. I will certainly share your feedback with the relevant heads of department to ensure maintain the highest standards of service are maintained at all times.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back again and I shall personally oversee your visit. I would be grateful if you could let me know when you plan your next visit as I would like to ensure you receive the highest level of service. You can reach me via email on craig.seaward@whotels.com

singapore
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Visited for a long weekend, and wished we could have stayed longer! Everything is well organized, big rooms, great service. Tried the restaurants for buffet brunch, dinner, and drinks. Breakfast was the best meal offered though in my view. The spa was a bit more expensive than what Bali can offer, but good vibe and great therapist. Walked to Potato Head, but couldnt stay. So many things to still do on the next visit, and hopefully it comes around soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello pointsmaximiser,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a great stay at W Bali and enoyed your time and experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for a longer visit so that you have time to enjoy the colourful playground of Seminyak.

manchester
Reviewed March 20, 2014

W retreat at seminyak is an absolute top class hotel, we arrived early evening and were immediately impressed, and that was the approach to the hotel, on entering W you are welcomed with an avenue of bamboo trees that have been sculptured to form an arch that stretches for perhaps 100 meters, from early evening this gets illuminated and has an even bigger impression, on arriving at reception there are 3 desks ready to welcome arrivals, we took the opportunity to upgrade our room to an ocean view and boy I'm so glad we did, the room is so big and chic, everything is top quality, his n hers separate wash basins, central standing stone bath, huge rain shower, we were on the 5th floor (top floor) and our bathroom had an electric retractable sun/moon roof.
The bedroom had just about everything you can and a few things you couldn't imagine, including a sliding wall/mirror feature that covered the TV when not in use, the balcony gave exceptional views of the swimming pool and beach front, it also had an easy chair and a nice sofa to relax and enjoy a sundowner or two.
This hotel most certainly isn't for the budget traveller, but I have to say that the restaurants and bar facilities were very reasonably priced, especially the Sunday Brunch, I would recommend the Sunday brunch even if your not staying at the W, we ate so much we were unable to eat until Monday.
Friday Saturday and Sunday the trendy woobar cranks it up a notch and there's a live DJ
Spinning great tunes, it's really popular with visitors and again well worth a visit. All staff at every part of the hotel were friendly, from the entrance security to the guy cleaning sun glasses around the pool. Can't wait to return to this awesome hotel and venue, it's got the lot.... Ten out of ten from me..

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room with ocean views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnsamui
Hello johnsamui,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is helpful to gain such insight from our guests perspective. I am delighted to hear that you had an awesome stay and found time to enjoy the colourful playgroud of seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for many more wow moments on your return.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Three couples (including my husband and I) stayed for three nights at W, to celebrate one of our couple friends' 10year anniversary.

The hotel arranged an excellent celebration dinner with beautifully flowers decoration and a really dedicated personal butler to attend to our needs!

We are glad to have chosen W!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello Ferralynn,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you chose W as your destination spot for your celebration and that we exceeded your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali.

Selby
Reviewed March 20, 2014

First-class hotel. Staff were super-efficient, helpful and friendly. We paid for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom villa - amazing and were also allowed a late checkout at no extra charge. Hope to visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello OBselby,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more WOW moments.