“it's the business”

Ranked #18 of 146 Hotels in Seminyak
manchester
“it's the business”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

W retreat at seminyak is an absolute top class hotel, we arrived early evening and were immediately impressed, and that was the approach to the hotel, on entering W you are welcomed with an avenue of bamboo trees that have been sculptured to form an arch that stretches for perhaps 100 meters, from early evening this gets illuminated and has an even bigger impression, on arriving at reception there are 3 desks ready to welcome arrivals, we took the opportunity to upgrade our room to an ocean view and boy I'm so glad we did, the room is so big and chic, everything is top quality, his n hers separate wash basins, central standing stone bath, huge rain shower, we were on the 5th floor (top floor) and our bathroom had an electric retractable sun/moon roof.
The bedroom had just about everything you can and a few things you couldn't imagine, including a sliding wall/mirror feature that covered the TV when not in use, the balcony gave exceptional views of the swimming pool and beach front, it also had an easy chair and a nice sofa to relax and enjoy a sundowner or two.
This hotel most certainly isn't for the budget traveller, but I have to say that the restaurants and bar facilities were very reasonably priced, especially the Sunday Brunch, I would recommend the Sunday brunch even if your not staying at the W, we ate so much we were unable to eat until Monday.
Friday Saturday and Sunday the trendy woobar cranks it up a notch and there's a live DJ
Spinning great tunes, it's really popular with visitors and again well worth a visit. All staff at every part of the hotel were friendly, from the entrance security to the guy cleaning sun glasses around the pool. Can't wait to return to this awesome hotel and venue, it's got the lot.... Ten out of ten from me..

Room Tip: Choose a top floor room with ocean views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank johnsamui
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hello johnsamui,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is helpful to gain such insight from our guests perspective. I am delighted to hear that you had an awesome stay and found time to enjoy the colourful playgroud of seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for many more wow moments on your return.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (836)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Three couples (including my husband and I) stayed for three nights at W, to celebrate one of our couple friends' 10year anniversary.

The hotel arranged an excellent celebration dinner with beautifully flowers decoration and a really dedicated personal butler to attend to our needs!

We are glad to have chosen W!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Hello Ferralynn,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you chose W as your destination spot for your celebration and that we exceeded your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali.

Selby
Reviewed March 20, 2014

First-class hotel. Staff were super-efficient, helpful and friendly. We paid for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom villa - amazing and were also allowed a late checkout at no extra charge. Hope to visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello OBselby,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for more WOW moments.

London
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a private villa which are really impressive in terms of quality and furniture, as was the butler service and special care received from all members of staff, but be aware there is no view from the villa and so you do feel underwhelmed after a while. Breakfast was excellent, the views from the main building are gorgeous and the hotel itself is stunning.

However, it is way overpriced in terms of room rates, spa treatments, food and drinks. This results in the place being largely empty and no atmosphere. I regret not choosing the cheaper option of sea view rooms in the main hotel building and not the villa as I did not feel it was spectacular enough to warrant the additional expense.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Cityboy82_London,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I was sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectation. I would like to assure you that your feedback is important to us as at times it identifies the area that needs focus and attention.

I hope you will consider returning in the not so distant future. Please feel free to contact me when you plan your next stay as I would like to personally oversee your reservation with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Visited Bali for a weeks vacation and W Bali was the highlight of my stay. The hotel is large but you are made to feel very welcomed by all the staff you come in contact with.
The welcome drink is available in the living room and you can help yourself as much as you like throughout your stay.
The facilities are No 1 in all areas I enjoyed.
The gym was great and it connected to the spa so you had use the steam room plus the hot and cold pools in the change rooms.
Bicycles are readily available to use (free and works on "first comes" ) so made good use of these to ride around the Seminyak area.
The restaurant and bars are amazing with a huge variety of choice in the menu and although not as cheap as downtown, the quality, service and environment you get to enjoy it is worth every penny!
The rooms are large by any means and loaded with lots of interesting bits and pieces, Bose surround music system, large walk in shower, tub, dressing area and great bliss amenities. They even provide your own personnel insect repellant!
There is lots to talk about this place, and even though it is not cheap, it is worth the investment!
For those that want something special and even it is only once in a lifetime, pay the money and get wowed!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hello experiencedir,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad you experienced the true value of W Bali and all the Retreat has to offer. It's great that you also got to experience the surrounding area by cycling.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more Wow moments.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed for one night. We had a ocean facing room. To be honest, on the 3rd floor and facing the ocean is about all I could say about the room; it wasn't an ocean view other than small glimpses between palm trees as they are exactly level with you. To get an ocean view you need to be on fourth or fifth floor (and probably even more money than the already rather expensive rate of 400 usd a night). Check in took the better part of a half an hour as well with the service desk seeming to type away at goodness knows what for an eternity.

We ate at Fire restaurant that night. It was ok but nothing sensational. As seems usual, the wine I picked was not available and the one that I ended up ordering of course was 2 years younger than the listed one.

We had drinks down by the beach that night and it was quite nice - and a nice selection of wines by the glass and cocktails.

Room service was a disaster for breakfast in the morning. For a fruit plate and two juices no one came for over 45 minutes and we had to call again. For something cooked, maybe I could see a morning rush (well, other than the hotel was not even full) but this was for fruit....on a plate. This kinda thing should have a few laid out at 6am to avoid this kind of thing.

We ate at Bloo for lunch the next day. This was much better although my wife said the salmon cooked on the rock was a bit fishy so possibly not the freshest. My beef rib was very nice.

The service was generally quite good and enthusiastic (other than the check in time and room service failure). The room itself, frankly for the amount of cash I found underwhelming. Certainly not huge. It was good but not great and at this price point I had hoped for more.

As such, it is undoubtedly a nice hotel in a great location but overall for me value for money wasn't really there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eud
Hello Eud,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us. I was sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do take guest feedback very seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve upon guest experiences. I will certainly share your feedback with the relevant heads of department to ensure maintain the highest standards of service are maintained at all times.

I should be most grateful if you could let me know when you plan your next visit as I would like to personally oversee your reservation and ensure you receive the highest level of service. You can reach me via email on craig.seaward@whotels.com

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Glad to back. Can't help but love the quality of service at this great property.

I can't name any staff as standing out as I would have to name every person I came in contact with during the stay.

Dined with 7 pax at starfish bloo for a birthday dinner, amazing! Attention to detail from the personalized menu to the service was great.

Also I noticed the breakfast has gotten even better over the years, they now have a sushi station and have the cooked to order service back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Russ E,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you can now refer to you as a W ambassador. I will pass your comments back to our Starfish Bloo team, they will be happy to hear that they made your dining experience a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali soon.