“We were blown away by your 1st class hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Oslo, Norway
“We were blown away by your 1st class hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We were WOWed by this hotel.

The hospitality was beyond what we expected. Our 5 and 7 yr old looked forward to return to the hotel each day to see their Uncle Dino and Cici Stephanie. It seemed like many of the staff knew our kid's names....even those that we hadn't had contact with before. I would hear their names called out in the lobby. They sure made us feel like we were the only guests.

Thumbs up to all the staff, especially the above mentioned. Our kids adored you. Who said W hotel was not a kid-friendly hotel. My kids will tell you how much they loved it there and have called W hotel their favorite hotel in the whole wide world. (Our kids have been in 3 continents so far, so they know what they're talking about.) They loved the attention, the gifts and the 1st class hospitality.

There was a DVD player in the room and a DVD collection we could borrow from. Along with 2 DVDs, came popcorn, peanuts delivered.....What's not to love!

Staff were every where. I never felt like I had to look for a staff when I needed them. They were always around and close by.

At breakfast, the staff would remember where we sat the day before and would seat us at the very table, whenever available.

The view from room 442 was among the best!

The hotel is nestled in what I'd call an oasis. It's like entering a gated community. All vehicles entering the property had to undergo security check ie scanned for explosives. It sure made me feel safe being there. Location was perfect ie walking distance to restaurants such as SARONG and Biku. The buggy system works perfectly for transport in and out of the hotel. We never waited more than a few minutes.

This is THE hotel for us when we visit Bali again.

Room Tip: Room 442 is at the center of the building with a fantastic view of the pool and beach.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank oslomamma
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello Oslomamma,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a WOW experience at W Bali. I will pass your comments back to our talent, they will be happy to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more indulgent and relaxing moments at W Bali.

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (795)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights in the Garden Room. The room was quite large as well as the terrace. I booked an airport transfer, and they upgraded a Toyota Innova to a BMW X5 which was much appreciated. The lobby was extremely fancy with the free-flow welcome drinks available. I tried both dining outlets- Starfish and Fire, and they were terrific enough to keep myself dining in the resort.

The room was well-equipped with those Bliss Spa Amenities and the bathtub. The bathroom size is pretty big through.

I talked to the Whatever Whenever Team, and Mitta was really helpful in helping me arranging my one-day trip around Bali. Overall, the team was great.

The only comment would be that the pool came with dark tiles, so it looked dark for me. Yet, others might definitely like it.

Anyhow, I would recommend this property to anyone planning the trip to Bali. You can still experience the Bali culture just by the step off the property. Yet, the energetic atmosphere, with a little partying hint, will be around to boost you up.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hello Travlerwhotraveling,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that enjoyed your W Bali experience and found time to enjoy the colourful playground of Seminyak. I will pass your comments onto our talent who will be happy that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

W-OW is all I can say... From the highest qualify service of
Staff, atmosphere & pure paradise vibe of this 5 STAR+++ Hotel it completes your dream of a Bali Bliss... I booked in my friends staying here on their honeymoon from 4-8th March, and while I'm Bali myself, they invited me over for a cocktail by the pool. Only to be in the tourism industry for one of the biggest media companies in Australia Channel 10, I feel proud and so happy that my friends where enjoying their honeymoon and living the dream. Thank you to the staff who went over and above to print off the colour photo as a W-Welcome to Julia and Josh, and over and above meet all of the requests I provided via the Bali Res centre, Sally and her team there ensured everything went smoothly.. Right down to the chocolates, bliss spa massage package and flowers with special personal note on guest check in.
I would like to thank your entire W Hotel Team for looking after my friends as the ultimate VIP honeymooners and I would happy recommend any couples, friends, family or groups to this epic luxury retreat.
Thanks once again for your kind hospitality.
Nitelle

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hello LOvetravel123,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that your friend chose to celebrate their honeymoon at W Bali and that we exceeded your expectations. It does sound like you experienced our W service culture first hand, our talent will be happy to hear that they made the stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali.

Craig seward
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

This is hands down the best resort in Bali, it has it all, atmosphere, location, staff, pool, bars, layout, attention to detail, rooms, comfort, amenities, I can go on and on....even if you stay here for a few nights for the experience it's worth it. I've been back here 4 times already, others I hear have recked up over 40 visits in its short history. Whatever/whenever is their mantra, talent (staff) is what delivers it. Thank you again Craig and team. See you soon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello pilo110373,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. We are extremely happy to have you onboard as W Brand Ambassadors.

See you next time for more Wow moments!

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

W hotel was amazing to stay at in Seminyak! I'm a 30-something single female and stayed there with a girl friend. We had a sea view room with 2 double beds on the 4th floor. The room had everything you could possible need or want -- toiletries, comfy beds, robes, slippers, a bar, amazing sound system, sitting area, balcony with outside sitting area, and a retractable roof in the shower area. The staff were beyond helpful and attentive. Restaurant options were good, and it was really nice that you could walk along the beach for 2 mins and right next door is the Potato Head Beach Club. If you decide to hang out at the W pool, the staff will be by with all sorts of complimentary treats: cucumbers for eyes, sunglass cleaning, lollipops, fresh fruit, cold towels, etc. The spa is also super cool. The hotel is only 3 years old.A wonderful stay, I'd highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary F
Hello MaryF,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear you had a fantastic stay at W Bali. I am glad to hear that you found the time to enjoy the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed 5 nights at the W. By the end of our visit several of the staff addressed us by name! As you take the drive up to the property, all of your senses are moved. The beauty of the bamboo lined drive, the water running along the sides to see, hear and feel the gravel, wood bridge, smell the florals, all take you away from the hustle and bustle and transform you to Bali! Night or day, the driveway transformed you to another place. The W is everything you expect it to be, and MORE. The kind, hospitable staff, the attention to details throughout the property. The restaurants are outstanding, food, scenery and incredible staff. To sit on the verandah, feeling the ocean breeze, sipping your favorite beverage and pass the time, Bali style. Having stayed in several W resorts throughout the US, the W in Bali is one to beat!

Room Tip: We had the garden room, providing a nice serene view. The ocean is steps away!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bob P
Hello Bob P,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you throughly enjoyed your W Bali experience.

We do look forward to welcome you back to W Bali for more indulgent and relaxing moments.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is set in a lovely location and has a very good pool and public areas all over looking the ocean.
We had a 5th floor room with the skylight shower.
The room was a good size and had everything but the decor was not to my taste lime green and brown.
The room was quite clean but not spotless nothing to really complain about but not enough attention to details ( I am being a bit fussy as I am competing it to 5 star Dubai hotels)
Linen and towels were not as good as they should have been and the lighting in the shower vanity area so poor it was impossible to see for hair and make up and for my husband to shave.
Minor points that could be improved easily.

The pool area was great and the service here was the best in the hotel .

The Resturant was just ok quite a good breakfast buffet and the staff helpful and attentive.
Sunday brunch in the fish Resturant with the view was excellent.

A good location near to shops and resturants

Room Tip: If possible a room on the 5th floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ConnieAbbott
Hello ConnieAbbott,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed your W Bali experience. We do value our guests feedback and it will of course be fed back to relevant department, so we can continue to improve our standards.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali for more relaxing and indulgent moments.