“Wonderful location”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 149 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed January 6, 2014

All staff very helpful and polite. Locations wonderful. Right on beach and close to all good restaurants
Rooms and villas set out very well
Cobble stones are of concern. Not easy to walk on
Would stay there again

Room Tip: Make sure if u get a garden view room u don't get one that looks over grotty back yards instead...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vicki2014
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Hello Vicki2014,

Thank you for sharing your current feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay at W Bali and enjoyed the colourful playground of Seminyak.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

Craig Seaward

Write a ReviewReviews (3,621)

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We loved the rooms, Bose 321s for a start! How could you not? The reception was beautiful, the lobby stunning and pool area is just so funky.

The staff were amazing and friendly, and couldn't do enough for us.

It's a personal gripe but as much as I was expecting some ambient EDM from the D.J each night, instead he insisted on hard house, which wasn't really in keeping with a retreat!

Only real issue was that although the breakfast was great but rest of the food wasn't really up to scratch. I think we got much better food downtown.

Generally speaking this hotel is stunning and makes a brilliant base for a couple, I wouldn't go back as a family but I think that's not who it's aimed at.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello savannah606,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback, it is of value for us to gain such insight. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy our breakfast, we do have a vast array of culinary delights on offer.

We do hope that you will choose to return to W Bali on your next visit and we can wow you!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay at the hotel but we just came to try the breakfast at Fire. We were treated like royalty even though we were not staying at the hotel itself. The service by the waiters and waitresses was very good. The food was great and you have alot of choices. We didn't eat much food and when we wanted to leave was told what is the hurry, hehhe well we are just too full to eat anymore lol. We didn't feel rushed like we do at most other hotels for breakfast. Well done we may have to book a couple nights to feel the whole W experience ★

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hello Addikted2travel,

Thank you for sharing you feedback. It's great to hear that you chose to try our breakfast in FIRE and enjoyed the culinary delights on offer.

We do hope that you will chose W Bali as your accomodation choice upon your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Where to start with this hotel, from the beginning of our stay until the end the service was really poor, except for the valets in charge of the cars and the lady checking us in and out, the service is bad and have a huge lack of communication between the staff.
We stayed in this hotel from the 27th of December to the 2nd of January. They started on a good point by having one villa out of two ready before the usual check in time which was really appreciated. This good point was quickly forgotten when they forgot to send us a buggy 10 min after being into the room because we had to go.
The breakfast is amazing, you have a large choice for the food which is exceptional, however here too the service and communication between the staff is very bad. Each morning when being seated we were ordering tea and hot chocolates and almost every morning we had to remind them of our beverages since they were almost every time forgetting them and were getting them at the end of the breakfast. If it happens once maybe twice it can be acceptable but almost every morning is unacceptable.
The rooms are extraordinary, I loved the design and how they were, it is what I preferred in this hotel but we had some few problems too. One major problem was a leak in the bathroom, we could nearly have a second swimming pool in our room. Second problem was television plugs: they put plugs on the wall to connect electronics on the TV which is very convenient but it would have been more convenient if behind these plugs there was something, for example a cable connecting the plugs to the TV...Last thing was still the service they are not paying attention to details, for example not replacing the laundry bags and forms for the laundry after you gave some clothes to clean.
The next day I had some more clothes that needed to be cleaned since I did not have the bag nor the form I called "whatever/whenever" to send me someone to pick up my clothes and at the same time that he brings the bag and the form. The valet arrived with empty hands so I gave him my laundry in an other bag and told him what I wanted and how I wanted my clothes back (in this case folded). My clothed arrived the next day on a hanger and on a nasty green plastic hanger.
For the check out we were allowed a late check out at 1pm which was already really appreciated but for some reasons we requested a late check out of 3pm. They could not leave us in the same room but they kindly told us we could be moved into an other villa from 1pm which was very nice, nothing to say about this but on the service after this yes. A valet came to see us around 1:15pm to take us but he did not have a car since for god knows which reason thought we had ordered one, so he went to take a buggy to bring us to the other villa. We arrived to this new villa the valet did not have the key for us so he left us and it took him 10 minutes to go and get the keys. When we were in this villa we got disturbed twice in less than 30 minutes, the first time by someone who came to pick up our luggage, but came for no reason since we didn't ask for anything and the second time by a valet delivering laundry from the previous customer of the room.
In overall I was satisfied about the hotel, the location, the architecture and design which was beautiful but truly disappointed about the service, I was expecting much more specially from a Starwood Hotel SPG Category 6.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Hello Edouard M,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I would like to discuss these issues with you further and would appreciate if you could reach out to me on - gm.craig.seaward@whotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

this hotel exceeded my expectations when it comes to the design of the place the ocean view room was lovely i thought its just in pictures but when i was there with my fiancee i fell inlove with the room itself and the view as well it makes me so relax and also w bali is near a super trendy bar potato head which i also like.the buffet breakfast was fine.but my favorite was the steak at fire wow its so worth the price a bit expensive but worth it.u can also try their spa which will make u relax its very beautiful inside the away spa overall i was there for almost a week and really had fun they also had contacts with people who can give you packages about different water activities at a very affordable price. i would surely comeback when given a chance and recommend this place

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank leene27

Hello fasta,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were ill upon arrival but I am glad that you received the level of service that I would expect. It's great to hear that you were still able to enjoy the culinary delights on offer in Starfish Bloo & Fire.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Arrived here sick and they looked after us immediately with early checkin etc. Our 1 bdrm pool villa was very luxe and had everything you could want, nice and quiet too.

We didn't get to sample all the restaurants and bars as we had to cut our stay short due to Bali Belly we just couldn't shake but Starfish Bloo and Fire were both lovely.

We had booked 5 nights but only stayed 2 flying back to Melbourne to recover. Very impressed with managements decision to refund our prepaid NO refund booking for the extra 3 nights, being Gold SPG members paid off!

If we were brave enough to return to Bali after this bout of Bali Belly we wouldn't choose anywhere else to stay but here. Well Done W!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fasta

Hello Fasta,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am sorry to hear that arrived here sick but I am glad that you recieved the level of service that I would expect. It's great to hear that you still found the time to enjoy the culinary delights on offer in FIRE and Starfish Bloo.

We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next vist.

All the best.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in February(in a villa) and have stayed again in a WOW room with an ocean view. Fantastic service in a perfect setting. The staff are so helpful and the rooms are amazing, modern and thoughtfully set out. Very spacious with a great bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank JodieRochelle

Hello JodieRochelle,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and chose to return to W Bali.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for your next wow factor visit!