W Bali - Seminyak
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Katamama(Seminyak)
Puri Madawi(Seminyak)
View Hotel
The One Boutique Villa(Seminyak)
The Kayana Bali(Seminyak)
Umah Pelangi(Seminyak)
3,722 results
All reviewswoo barstarfish bloow retreatocean facing roomstar fish bloobose sound systemgarden viewpotato headpool villaamazing hotelrain showerour honeymoonwatch the sunsetday bedpool sideamazing staffwoobar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2013

It has the potential to be a 5 star hotel and upwards if some basic attention to detail was fulfilled correctly. to achieve 5 star rating I believe a hotel must only meet a few criterions.
But to truly keep your guests happy don't miss the fundamental procedures.
We stayed in a Villa for 6 nights and everything was almost perfect.
We got a discount down to $600 per night so we were happy in that respect however, when paying this kind of figure and upwards the holiday makers in my opinion would be quite fastidious and have quite high standards as far as cleanliness goes. As i mentioned almost perfect, but not quite.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Hello nernest161,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed yout stay with us but I am disappointed to hear that you didn't receive the standard of service I would except. I will revert back to our style team to prevent and overcome any future problem.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit and will make sure that you receive the wow factor!

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a great stay! The property is beautiful and the staff are well trained and friendly. We had a few small issues that the GM was very responsive to. Highly recommended for travelers to Bali who want a high end experience in Seminyak.

Stayed: December 2013
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello Mark W,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the W Bali experience.

It was a pleasure to meet with you and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Hello,

my boyfriend and I stayed at the W from Dec 24th to Dec 26th. We were welcome by a very nicely staff and brought to our room. The room is really well decorated and the music playing with the Bose Sound System put us in a great mood.

We went to enjoy the pool the next morning and it was FILTHY. I am wearing goggles so i can see clearly what is happening underwater. There were mucus, white non identified pieces floating around…I told the reception, she said she'd tell the staff but nothing was done…

We had dinner at Fire which was really good, i would recommend it. but the breakfast is very limited and does not offer good quality products…I was expecting more for a 5 star hotel…

in conclusion, the rooms are really nice (although not brand new, the couch on our patio was full of stain, the shower drainage was dirty….), the service is really good, people are smiling to you all the time but does it deserve to spend USD 500 a night….i don't think so…

2  Thank Pris S
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Hello Pris S,

Thank you for sharing your current feedback. I am happy to hear that you selected W Retreat and Spa Bali as your destination choice. Our pools are treated daily, the mucus that you experienced is the chlorine balancing and controlling the PH levels of WET. I am disappointed to hear that the breakfast in FIRE was not to your expectations, we do assure that we have a vast range of culinary delights on offer.

Do reach out to me upon your next visit so I can personally oversee your W experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Great location,friendly and fairly efficient staff(though we did have to phone down twice for our luggage)but you don't have glass walls in the toilet and bathroom if you haven't got the staff to clean them!
The cleaning was the main thing that let them down.This I believe is meant to be a 5 star hotel and for Bali,I'm sure it is,from the exterior it has all the trappings,but scratch just a little and the attention to detail lets them down,as I said the cleaning,it just wasn't done properly,leaving stains on most if not all the surfaces,toilet not cleaned,towels just left, things not arranged.
However,if you have the chance go and try and get an ocean facing room,it's worth the extra money.
The two restaurants there,Starfish Bloo and Fire,are worth eating in too,especially Fire,no doubt the best meal we had in the 2 weeks we were in Bali(but only 2 nights at the W)
Would recommend,yes,but perhaps not stay there again,does that make sense?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank carmes2
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Hello Carmes2,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. It does help to recieve such constructive feedback to assist us in consistantly improving our standards. I will revert back to our style director with your comments, to prevent future issues. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in FIRE.

We do hope that you will return to W Bali in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This property is absolutely gorgeous and the service is unmatchable so you will not be disappointed. It is definitely worth the splurge and you will NOT regret it. The property is off set the main street so is right on a private beach which has black sand and beautiful sunsets (even if it rains during the day). There is tons of security and staff on hand and absolutely everyone is smiling at you and genuinely willing to do anything to make your stay more enjoyable. The pool area is gorgeous and great for relaxing - they have tons of options to relax including huge pillows that are like bean bags, lounge chairs and day beds that are great. You can also get drinks served directly to the pool so you can swim and enjoy a cocktail. There are several restaurant options so you can sit outside and enjoy a snack or a full dinner. The food was all delicious and the service is again impeccable.

The breakfast buffet is something that deserves a call out of its own. It is a gourmet buffet and you will leave just being truly wowed. You can still get items made to order (plenty of egg dishes - the egg benedict with salmon was to die for) and the other options are endless. They have sweet and savory with a fondue fountain and a honeycomb (the actual honeycomb) for fresh honey each morning. Of course, everything is extremely friendly and helpful during the entire dining experience.

The rooms itself are also spectacular - we were in a standard garden room and even that was equivalent of the presidential suite at other hotels. There were his and her sinks, a retractable skylight over the shower, a tub, and the bed was separated from the vanity. There was tons of space and the bed was extremely comfortable.

There is also a very nice gym and spa which are great for rainy days. The property will also arrange any type of transportation, dinner reservations that you need - the concierge was amazing and set up dinner for us every night even getting us reservations at Naughty Nuries which is very difficult to get in and you can only get reservations on special request.

Also, this property is in a wonderful area (if you can manage to ever get yourself to leave the hotel…). There are tons of really nice and delicious restaurants about a 7 min cab ride away including tons of adorable boutiques for shopping. It is in a very upscale and nice area.

I cannot speak more highly about this property and staff and you must stay here if you are making the trip to Bali. I truly hope I can return in the near future!!

Hello Amanda Z,

Thank you for sharing such constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience from our rooms to restaurants and away Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next wow experience.