“Couldn't have asked for anything more!”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We travelled as a group and could not have asked for a more luxurious and relaxing retreat. And this was despite the impossibly high expectations we've had from all the rave reviews we'd read before going!

The staff we met were all extremely helpful, knowledgeable and courteous so much so that we felt right at home straightaway. All the small gestures provided by the hotel were deeply appreciated, especially where the staff came around to provide refreshing lassies, wet towels and mist sprays to all lounging at the pool area during the day. We also had tremendous fun playing with the water guns provided by the staff at the pool area!

Food-wise, we had several meals at Fire, Starfish Bloo and the W Lounge, all of which served great food at reasonable prices. Therefore, one need not venture out of the hotel to have good meals during the stay.

I can think of only one area that can be improved, even though this wasn't really a big issue for us. During our stay, we had to rely on the concierge to make meal reservations and to provide directions / recommendations. However, even though there were two concierge counters, on a couple of occasions one counter was unattended, and we had to wait pretty long before the guests who were there before us were done with their questions. One time we gave up completely because the couple before us were planning a trip outside of the region from scratch with the concierge. That said, the concierge whom we met on various occasions was very helpful and provided excellent recommendations.

Many thanks for the perfect getaway! We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chuapy
CraigSeaward1, Front Office Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hello chuapy,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and received our whatever/whenever service first hand. I am sorry to hear that you did have to wait longer than expected for our concierge team and I will pass this back to the team to prevent this from reoccuring.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow moments on your next visit to Bali.

Craig Seaward

Write a ReviewReviews (3,530)

Reviewed November 23, 2013

From the onset, despite the late check-in, I was pleasantly surprised that my simple request for a nice view led to a free upgrade to a Spectacular Ocean View room. It was the start of what is a really amazing feature of this resort, the people. They really know how to keep you happy. Service ranked 10 out of 10. It couldn't have been better. Typical of W resorts, this is a classy place and you know instantly what you're paying for. The breakfast is pretty spectacular too, as an experience (besides the buffet, the menu has got an interesting and extensive spread), so be sure to tick this box, even for a day. Despite the supremely comfortable, well appointed and spacious rooms, my only gripe is the showers could do with better water pressure.

I had no issue with any noise from WooBar or the waves. It hardly seemed a disturbance. In fact, I liked that the room came with a balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hello John_teh_TB,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you experienced the Wow factor during your recent stay. I am disappointed to hear about your issues with the water pressure, I will revert back to my engineering team regarding this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more relaxing and indulgent moments at W Bali.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We usually preferred to stay in boutique hotels but because we heard so much about the W Retreat & Spa in Seminyak we decide to give it a go. First impression, I thought perhaps we had made the wrong decision as the hotel was huge and I thought 'impersonal' especially when we were told the room wont be ready until at least 3 pm -( the usual check in time), and we arrived at about noon. Decided to have some lunch at the Woo Bar while we waited , food was good but compliment to the very friendly staff and services which we found to be excellent in the other restaurants - Fire and Seafish Bloo as well during our 3 nights stay. I think that's what makes it a lovely place to stay - it has all the modern facilities (BTW our room was gorgeous and worth the wait) and very unique deco in restaurants and common and pool areas yet it has a homely feel to it and the ambience is just lovely and it is all due the services and hospitality of the staff.

Hello gonefishingperth,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you decided to try W Retreat & Spa Bali and that we exceeded your expectations. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your indulgent lunch at Starfish Bloo.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next wow experience!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

From the moment we entered the grounds of the hotel and were greeted by very friendly staff we knew we are in for a great holiday. We came with 8 of our closest friends to celebrate my husbands' 60 birthday and had 7 days filled with joy and tranquility made possible by staff and management. Our one bedroom villa was a dream came true. We will go back!!

Room Tip: 4th floor has rooms with skylight. Very bright.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Ruth L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you chose W Bali for your husbands birthday celebrations. We do pride ourselves on offering a venue where our music and cocktail culture make for a memorable experience.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our Retreat soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel. Amazing villa, excellent bars and restaurants, great spa (open 24 hours), whatever/whenever service a brilliant idea, beautiful grounds, good service, friendly smiley staff and perfect location on the beach in Seminyak.

The driveway is very long but you can get a buggy to drop you at the front if you want to get a taxi somewhere or alternatively you can just walk along the beach (which is what we did most of the time). There are heaps of good restaurants near by, the hardest decision of the day will be deciding where to eat!

Hello Pickles84,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had an amazing stay with us and found the time to enjoy the colourful playground of W Retreat & Spa Bali.

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Bali for further wow moments!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I chose to honeymoon at the W Retreat and Spa in Bali and it was just the most wonderful experience! We were greeted by what seems like 7 different people who helped us out with different needs from booking excursions, mopeds, tours of their villas to everything else.

The room is really big and spacious, and when we got to the room we found that the W hotel had laid out a spread of fruits, martinis, chocolates, AND also printed out a picture of my husband and I, framed it, and wrote "Happy Honeymoon!" on it! It's actually a bit creepy how they managed to get a hold of our engagement photo (facebook perhaps??) but the thought was really sweet.

The breakfast buffet is amazing, and it's free for platinum members. What I didn't know until closer to the end of our stay was that there's an a-la-carte menu that you could order from as well as just the regular buffet. This menu is pretty extensive and includes really awesome little gems such as foie gras on toast, and a small skillet of steak and eggs! You have to try it.

The hotel is just really chic and gorgeous, in an awesome location, and everyone just went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was perfect. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Hello Fabulousbear,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you chose W Retreat & Spa Bali as your honeymoom destination, it does sound like you found the time to enjoy our colourful playground and try the indulgent cusine on offer at Starfish Bloo and FIre.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the W for one night at an ocean view room, having made a last minute, spontaneous decision to get away from Singapore. Although we had booked and paid through Agoda that morning (it may be that we had booked too close to our arrival time), it took ages for the front desk to get our check in sorted. I was getting impatient, having waited for over 30 mins for them to find our booking, however once they found it, they were kind enough to let us go to our room early, without charge or fuss. Immediately forgiven. We were also given 3pm late check out because we were spg members. In the meantime, I was lost in dreamland, admiring the views, the decor and playing with tablet sized wet towels, sampling the complimentary juice that was on offer in the lobby.

We found the room well designed and I loved the sliding door elements of the room. Overall, service was of a high standard, everyone spoke very good English and had a very up beat but not fake personality. Woo bar and the outside lobby bar were both great and well staffed. I especially liked the cool looking Shisha pipes and fresh fruits in the pipes. A Must try.

We had breakfast in the morning and were impressed by the selection of food and drinks. I ordered the soto ayam from the menu and was disappointed in the lack of flavour. Otherwise, breakfast was overall delicious and satisfying...

Pool side service was fast but not pushy. I don't understand why no free ice water was served when we asked, only still or sparkling water by the pool. But wait, you can get water free from the room!? Strange concept in Bali that should, I think, be abolished.

A pool boy came by whilst I was tanning and asked if I needed a refreshing spray. I thought he'd leave me a spray bottle, only to find him merrily spraying me from foot upwards the second I said ok. Weird, but rather enjoyable experience coz it really was refreshing and smelt v nice!

Not to mention, it's all about location location location. W is right next to Mosaic and potato head, 2 of my favourite places in seminyak! It's also close to all the great shops, restaurants like sarong, mosaic and métis. I'll be back! Better start saving again for the next trip!

P.s. The spa is open 24 hours! But don't expect to be able to walk in at 3 am for a treatment, they are usually fully booked!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuperSLondon
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hello SuperSLondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience. It does sould like you found the time to enjoy our restaurants and venues and treat yourself to a treatment at Away Spa.

Delighted to hear that you will be returning again. Myself and the team and looking forward to creating your next wow moment!