“Excellent 12 night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #25 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Boston, UK
“Excellent 12 night stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have just returned from the most amazing 12 nights at the W Hotel. We stayed in a one bedroom pool villa - the villa was everything and more we were hoping for! We had villa number 55 - only 2 minutes from the main hotel/reception/spa..

We ate at both on site restaurants, Starfish Bloo and Fire, which were both great. Breakfast at Starfish was incredible each day, lots of choice and fresh.

WooBar - 1/2 price sun downers from 5-6. Great place to watch the sunset each evening with great DJ's.

Main pool was great - loved the free form swimming pools. Poolside snacks & drinks we thought were well priced - yes they are more expensive than outside of the hotel, but we still thought they were good value - £2 for a Bintang beer. Don't forget to ask for your complimentary 5 minute massage by the pool :-)

The staff were so helpful ALL of the time. Be prepared to smile and say "Hello" quite a lot.

Seminyak on the other hand was a bit of a mess, i'm sorry to say! They really need to get the place cleaned up, get the roads/pavements finished and have a good pick up of rubbish.

Seminyak has some really amazing restaurants and beach bars - Potato Head (next door to W - go to Potato Head when it opens at 11am on the dot to get a bed by the pool, use the back entrance to avoid the queues), Sarong (100 metres from W), Ku De Ta and Favella.

Overall we couldn't fault W Hotel. It was immaculately clean with 5 star service. Thank you W for our wonderful relaxing stay :-)

Room Tip: One bedroom pool villa, number 55, ideally located just 2 minutes maximum to main reception/hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello Moogerz,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had fantastic stay at W Bali and enjoyed the Villa as well as the venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for your more wow experience!

Craig Seaward

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My friend and I arrived for a short week to Bali in October and stayed at the W. This was our first time on the island and this hotel certainly made it a memorable one.

We had the garden view room on the top floor, which was more spacious than I thought – in other cities it could easily be a suite as for its size. In the bathroom we literally had stellar view – thanks to the roll on blinds on the roof. The little personal touches made it a five star experience though – from our welcome mini-cupcakes to the little fun figures in the toilet. The Bliss products are just the cherry on the cake. On the first night we had a minor problem with the air conditioning – upon reporting it a technician came to sort it out very shortly.

We kept wondering that if this is the basic room the hotel offers what could an upgraded option look like!

All the premises are modern, stylish, fashionable and young. They obviously put a lot of effort into design – you’ll see lots of unique features that just grab the attention – no wonder a lot of people were constantly taking snaps.

The breakfast is a must! It caters for all tastes and the presentation is as high-end as it gets. Try something from the menu – I went for the eggs Benedict and came a new version of an old classic, very tasty. I also have to say this was the first hotel I’ve stayed at to get the portions just right. Not too much so you can try lots of different things.

The staff was super nice and attentive, always smiling and they made us feel special – upon check-out the friendliest one gave us a framed photo that he took a day earlier! Even in five star hotels it’s not a common gesture!

All in all this experience was worth every penny; I highly recommend to stay in W Bali, the ocean is right there, the vibe and atmosphere are very stylish yet friendly. Top marks for hospitality, I’d certainly go back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Noran84,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first W Bali experience.

It does sound we’ll be welcoming you and your friend back for your next WOW experience anytime soon!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

There has always been something magical about Bali and the sunset on Seminyak beach. Just when you think it cannot get better than that, comes along W Seminyak. I have stayed at this resort since its opening 3 years ago and have always been impressed with each returning visit. A luxury property in every sense of the word, the "talent" at W Seminyak consistenly strive to better themselves. It is a very special feeling when they recognise me immediately upon my return. From check in, to house-keeping, to the teams at the restaurants and Fire bar, I am always greeted with a warm smile and exemplary service. I stayed here for 5 nights on this trip and there was not a single misstep which is very impressive for such a large property. Rooms are large, clean, well kept with the best beds and in-room amenities in town. Such a gracious and classy hotel. I am definitely looking forward to my next trip there!

Room Tip: choose the ocean facing rooms. Best views ever!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hello fortheloveofholidays,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you have been returning to the W Bali since its opening in 2011 and always enjoy your W Bali experience. I will pass your kind comments back to our Talent, they will be happy to hear they assisted you in having a great holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for your next wow experience!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have just arrived back from having a 2 week stay with my husband for my 50th. It was the most fabulous 2 weeks I have had in a very long time. The hotel is just superb, everything you want, need and more. I got spoilt rotten, the staff could not do enough for us, especially Ferry and Gandhi who gave us exceptional service. The whole hotel is just world class, beautifully appointed and loved every minute of our stay. I really cannot fault it. Can't wait to return. Well done W Bali, you really have built a magnificent hotel. Leonie

• Stayed October 2013
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hello Leonie F,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time at W Bali and a memorable 50th. I will pass your kind comments back to our talent, they will be happy to hear they assisted you in having a great holiday.

We look forward to inviting you back to W Bali soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lovely hotel, friendly staff, good food, great pool. The bathroom amenities are excellent as is the choice of music, they have a silent nightclub (you all wear headphones and select your dj), all in all a great hotel. Annoying - the drive way and walk back to the street is long and hot and everytime you taxi in the security check is a little annoying.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shayne C
Hello Shayne C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our silent disco event during your stay, it's becoming increasingly popular on the Island and a great night out. There is a fair distance between the entrance and our lobby, so we do provide buggys to make this a little easier for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for your next wow experience!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I am in the midst of my holiday in W Bali. Kudos to the wonderful and helpful staff that made this place a Wonderful retreat.

We stayed in Tropical Pool Villa. -Spacious , quiet, peaceful and tastefully decorated in a contemporary manner with a warmth bali twist. Nice pool w comfortable sun loungers and a spacious day bed.

The resort- nice contemporary arty design and structure.
Pool- huge in size and 'hillside padi field' look alike structure. Ample space for everyone . Many sun loungers and cabanas for guests and pool overlooking the sea.

Staff- always helpful, positive, proactively engaging w guests. Makes us feel very welcome and happy.

Away Spa- I was initially quite apprehensive about the modern concept of the spa. But after a 2.5hr treatment ,I was totally recharged and felt absolutely fabulous. Therapist Yanti had made my day w her excellent skill.

Breakfast- very yummy food with nice ambience and big selection. There was even a chocolate fondue for breakfast.

Location- seminyak area. Few restaurants and cafe outside.shopping streets easily reached via taxi.

I truely enjoyed my stay at this moment and will come back again.

• Stayed October 2013
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello wenhilz,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us. It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for more wow factor and your next treatment at Away Spa.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has amazing customer service and amenities.... The pool and rooms are of the highest quality. As soon as you exit the lifts to the lobby every time, the staff are ready to greet you as if you had just arrived. All your requests and needs are taken care of quicker than you can think. My wife and I found the hotel staff very friendly and diligent. We will definitely be coming back here.

Hello Mr_Maurizo,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and found time to enjoy our restaurants and venues.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali soon.