“Wonderful -”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was my third stay at the W (and the first with children).

As with every other stay – it was excellent. The facilities are excellent and staff cannot do enough for you.

The good: the villa; the service; the breakfasts; the view; the location. Whatever/whenever. Such comfy beds and pillows.

The not so good: it is very hard to fault the W. If I had to try and find fault it would simply be that the service around the pool is a little slow (but they get there) and the cocktails are a little too fancy for my taste (but I am sure many would not agree).

I was hesitant about staying there with the kids, having had two great experiences there without the children, but it was fine. The pool is great for the kids and we had a private villa pool too so they kids could swim without us having to walk to the main hotel pool. The staff were lovely with the kids and while there is no kids club there were activities on the beach for the kids each day - not fancy, but fun. And really, this is not a hotel where you would expect there to be a big focus on kids.

Room Tip: The ocean view is incredible!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Hello Alwaysdreaming1,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at W Bali. I will revert back to my talent regarding the service you received at WET, we will make sure that the service is monitored and to the standard that I would expect.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali soon for your next wow experience!

There are newer reviews for W Bali - Seminyak

Reviewed July 16, 2013

we didn't have a change to review this hotel until we registered at TripAdvisor.
It is definitely a must mention hotel given that it is a challenge to find a hotel that has a modern and well designed overview of pool, lobby, bar and restaurants. If ones chooses a more shady location yet wish to be near the pool, the upper veranda next to the lobby is the right place to be. It is a luxury sight to watch the high-waves during breakfast at the restaurant next to the beach. Overall, our villa was well-maintained and the staff service was sufficient. We do hope that they have increased their choice of food at lunch and dinner on the veranda. Spa was not memorable, no proper relaxing area after spa (except some modern couch near the reception), hardly any amenities except for hair blower. However, spa treatment was good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Hello CarpeDiemSG,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the design narrative of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to W bali for anther wow experience!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed in a two person villa for four night. Hardly bothered leaving the resort as it was so good.
Excellent, fast service, great tasting room service, superb concierge with lovely restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was pretty good too. Amazing attention to detail throughout the hotel. Even our villa was designed so well and angled south facing.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Harry C,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that W Bali exceeded your expectations and that you found the time to enjoy everything on offer within the resort.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit for more indulgent moments.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but came across the restaurant after being caught in a maginficently torrential storm encountered during a walk along the beach. Located in an idyllic spot right on the beach and with tropical rains our soundtrack we ordered the banquet and although some of the dishes lacked refinement it was still an enjoyable experience. Our waiter Gita was fun, very friendly and professional! It was our very first night in Bali and a treasured memory!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jasbil2,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy ot hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. I will pass your thanks back to our team who will be delighted that they assisted in making your holiday a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next wow experience!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Blessed that made a wise choice to stay at W Hotel at Seminyak.
Stylish, modern and comfy furnished and decorated hotel located in the central of Seminyak surrounded with shopping area and great fine dining restaurants.
Restaurants and bars in W provided fabulous ocean views and very tasty food.

The people at W Bali are very friendly and helpful, especially the W Insider staff member – Miss Rita (Cha Cha Cha) Wisna, a bright & cheerful young lady. We were impressed by her exceptional customer service;

On the second day of our four days trip, it was cool, very windy and showering. We met Rita while we were struggling on how to explore Bali with the last two days in such a bad weather condition. She was very attentive and thoughtful. She went through the must do touristy in details and provided lots of great suggestion; and also came up an itinerary and made all the table reservations for our dinners. We planned to go to Mozaic, a restaurant which takes 5 mins by taxi from W hotel. She kindly offered to lead us walk together along beach from W to the restaurant.

Rita is amazing at what she does and her service is above and beyond her call of duty. She is a real asset to the resort and one of the reasons makes us love W Bali.

Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello Vee-WW,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had a fantasitc stay at W Bali and experienced the W servie culture as I would expect. I will pass your comments back to Rika, she will be delighted that she assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise soon!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the W for 5 days this week, and as we turned into the driveway I knew we were in for a treat.
The W is a modern day palace dedicated to the gods of decadence.
The most amazing service is provided by the staff (known as 'talent') who are all miked up like Madonna, taking direction from the W gods.
Anything is possible.
Every wish is granted speedily, graciously and with a smile.
You want to read today's copy of The Herald Sun? You've got it.
You want Chicken Liver Mousse, Pancakes and Caramel Sauce for breakfast? You can have that too.
AND order a la carte AND select from the buffet.
Every cappucino comes dusted with the signature W and accompanied by 3 miniature muffins.
Cool beats pulse throughout the hotel by day and the tempo pumps up a bit more in the evening.
Huge day beds face the ocean in the Woo Bar. A great place for a cocktail and a Bintang and some Wagyu Beef Sliders.
Balmy breezes, the soft purr of the ocean and a Papaya Martini make for a hypnotique experience on the lounges by the massive pool.
The W Lounge was another favourite place to spend the afternoon reading the many luxe coffee table books.
The afternoon tea available in the hotel foyer looked like something from the pages of 'Alice In Wonderland'.
Colourful layered cakes 30cm tall, toffee apples and more.
Our Garden View room was amazing. I can only imagine what the Ocean View rooms and Villas must be like.
A plentiful assortment of Bliss bathroom products was provided and I even managed to find a hair tie in the supplies when I need one.
Three flying pigs were etched on the sliding door to our balcony.
I think they pretty well some up the W hotel experience.
An authentic Balinese experience? Probably not.
We had already experienced that at another hotel in Ubud.
One disappointment for me was the beach. Greyish sand. Murky water.
But having said that I'm Australian where we are spoilt for choice by great beaches.
I will certainly be researching W hotels for my next holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello GeeFee,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay at W Bali, it does sound like you found the time to experience our facilities within the retreat.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for your next wow experience!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have two issues with this hotel.

Firstly, it is too self-consciously 'cool' for it's own good. The look and feel of the premises have nothing to do with Bali (presumably because it wouldn't be metro-trendy to do so). And, whilst the room was large and well-equipped, I don't want to have to choose my coffee cup from a selection of 'designer' crockery before I have my breakfast, have my pizza served on some sort of bizarre high-rise plate with daft little tubs of condiments below, nor have to endure a 'tour' of the spa and be offered "oxygen or some peanuts" when all I want is a massage. Perhaps all this matters if you are twentysomething, but to me it's all a bit pseudo and devoid of real class.

My second criticism is around the service - nice smiles and first-name familiarity are no substitute for quick and efficient service. Sitting outside at the bar offers the possibility of dying of thirst based on my experience, and the number of reception staff seems wholly inadequate at busy periods. The waiting staff in the restaurant were average too...you get the stupid mug quickly enough, but not the coffee.

Overall, it's ok but there are so many much better 5 star hotels in Asia that I certainly I won't waste my time giving this one a second chance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello Britsdownunder,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor review as its important to always receive a balanced view point of each guests stay.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience, but W Retreat and Spa Bali is definitely different from every other hotel on the island, and our success is based on the fact that we are a modern interpretation of the Balinese culture, and offer a very different experience to that of traditional hotels. We understand that there are people who don’t like this approach, but there are also others who find it a refreshing change and have helped build our business success to date.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not receive the level of service as I would expect. Service culture is of extreme importance to our brand and day to day operational within the retreat.

Appreciate you being honest and open about your review, but hope that your next trip to Bali offers up that cultural experience that you were looking for.