“Wow is Right”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed June 29, 2013

To say that this resort is magnificent does not seem to do it justice. The architecture is 6 star Avant-garde. The attention to detail absolutely everywhere was unbelievable. The layout and the views looking over the pool to the ocean is breathtaking. The Roo Bar is a great (expensive) place for afternoon drinks. The staff are very well trained, polite and ultra willing to be helpful. But don't come here if you want a quite holiday, because quiet it ain’t. This is a resort for the young and those who like plenty of noise. There were kids galore running wild around the pool (it was the start of school hols, so to be expected) and there are miniature mushroom looking speakers positioned all around the pool, so there was no escaping the noise. Here are some random complaints in no particular order – For some reason they have paved about a third of the very long driveway in the roughest, most uncomfortable stones on the planet. Please W, rip them up and put a smooth surface in before you have to have a resident chiropractic in the place. Why can’t these places put a filtration system in so that you can brush your teeth at least without having a bottle of filtered water beside the sink ? We have now just arrived for part 2 of our stay at the Legian, also at Seminyak. The quiet and tranquillity of the place has struck an immediate chord. Yes, I can recommend the W, and we will return to W Bali and I am sure elsewhere in our travels, but be warned, it is for the racy part of your holiday. You may need a holiday when you leave it !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Hello Allan G,

Thank you for such a wonderful review regarding your recent visit to W Retreat & Spa Bali. It is great to hear that you had an amazing stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you experienced the wow factor and the special vibe that W bali has.

I hope we see you return to stay very soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed June 29, 2013

From the moment that we arrived, the service we received by all the staff at the W was outstanding, staff were always polite and helpful. My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom villa with pool and it didnt disappoint, every detail taken care of, from the sun lounges to day bed and the landscaping, it was all beautiful - plus with speakers outside we could plug in an ipod and listen to music too. Inside the villa, it was spacious and clean, the bathroom was enormous (by my standards!) and we actually had space to put 2 suitcases away and put most of our clothes away too. The bed was super comfy and we were able to request a firmer pillow. The main pool area of the W was amazing and we divided our time between the villa and the main pool area, we never had an trouble getting a sunbed. And last not but least, the breakfast buffet.... the best I have ever seen in my travels, the variety from traditional continental offerings to hot breakfast, eggs any way, french toast, pancakes and then a huge selection of traditional foods. The location of the W is also fantastic, walking distance to a lot of Seminyak which suited us, as I wasnt keen on sitting in a taxi all the time. Would love to stay at the W again one day!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hello SandalGirl21,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W Bali. I am really pleased that you had a great stay with us.

It’s lovely to hear that you had a relaxing time here and make use of the venues and restaurants.

I hope we see you return very soon for your next W experience!

Warm Regards,

Craig seaward

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I hv been to a lot of hotels around the world...and expect a lot from the hotel i stay in...but even i was impressed by the service, attention to detail and overall ambeince....the staff is so well trained and polite....the food is good but expensive..enjoyed my stay

1  Thank rshewani

Hello rshewani,

I hope we see you return very soon for your next Wow experience!

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out from this hotel,the friendliness of the staff people everywhere u can find them in the hotel area is what amazed me most,that give our holiday experience was even more WoW,but there is one thing need improvement i think,its about the breakfast,the variety of the food is not much,and some food available but we won't know until some guy next table order it,no menu or any sign showing those extra menu,but apart from it i gave 5 stars for this hotel

2  Thank Soelist

Hello Soelist,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience. I am disappointed to hear that our breakfast offering was not to your liking, our Director of Cuisine has made sure that there is a vast choice on offer to suit our guests.

I do hope that on your next visit we can wow you with our culinary delights.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I spent the first 3 night in an ocean facing room and then upgraded to a villa for the last two nights. The ocean facing room was beautiful - on the 5th floor which allowed for a sky light in the shower. However the villa was beautiful and some, despite all the villas being located right next to one another we weren't overlooked at all. A special thanks to Wii at the lobby bar who stands out for us as being incredibly warm and genuine as well as serving us some amazing drinks.
Mark and Nicky

Hello Noopashoop,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your thanks onto our talent, they will be delighted to hear that they made your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali soon.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a big fan of Ws worldwide. Had a brief stay here in June 2013 with a friend and this one didn't really disappoint. I really think they’ve tried to do iit right. The facility is GORGEOUS. It suits all kinds - families, groups of friends and couples looking for a romantic getaway. We only had a few issues. Overall, I would be happy to have the opportunity to stay at this resort again.

We really loved the modern rooms and the chic feel of the whole resort. The pool and beach areas are top notch and both are huge. We had dinner at Fire, the steak/grill restaurant and the food was amazing. Best mahi mahi I’ve ever had. Breakfast was included in our room and we thought that it was a nice touch that we could enjoy the buffet, order off the menu, or both. It wasn’t huge or impressively delicious by any means, but the selection was varied so that it catered to both eastern and western preferences-I recognize how hard this can be (though I'm western I loved having a little miso in the morning :). The gym was a decent size and is open 24-7 (as is the spa), but I found it weird that it was right in front at the entrance to the lobby and mostly glass so anyone passing by could see in and watch. The location of the resort itself is great though – near enough to the action in Seminyak but definitely outside the hustle and bustle. There are a ton of cute cafes, beach clubs and boutiques within walking distance.

Couple of negatives: We were in a standard room and didn’t find the bathroom/shower very practical. Basically, it’s open to the rest of the bathroom, which doesn’t have a door either so you are showering completely exposed. That’s OK for couples I guess, but we were in a room with 2 beds so that setup didn’t make sense to us. We had to take turns waiting on the porch or hiding in the opposite corner of the room when someone wanted to shower. We also had a few service issues that I wouldn’t expect at a W or any 5-star resort for that matter. Pool service was very hard to flag down. It was HOT and I actually had to get up a couple times to get someone to bring me a $10 bottle of water. I’d expect the wait staff to be constantly monitoring the “floor” looking for people trying to make eye contact or otherwise signal for service. On our last night we went to WooBar for a drink and a snack around 10 and we were one of only a few patrons. They dropped off the food and drinks and all 8 staff seemed to disappear. We wanted some ketchup and more drinks but sadly no one came by. I guess we ended up saving ourselves $40 on the 2 glasses of wine we wanted and the calories from the fries we were sharing but it was a disappointing. We also had to get up in search of our bill when we were ready to leave.

Despite the flaws I described, I felt so far removed from reality during our stay that I know it will stick in my mind as a favorite. I definitely recommend if you aren't pinching pennies!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Hello USATravelerUAE,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and made us of our restaurants and venues. It is extremely helpful to get balanced feedback from our guests so we can continue to improve our guest standards.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for your next wow experience.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

1 Night stay at W Seminyak Bali with my couple is make so comfortable. Love the music in room and life the view. The hotel was modern, has a funky design and the room was huge. Great design touches throughout like the bars, sitting areas and outdoor pool. The big let down was that you have this great hotel and location that lends itself to a real sexy vibe, but doesn't set the mood for it. Extremely clean, modern and has everything you need right there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello alfaths,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and absorbed the design narrative of the resort.

We doing look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next wow experience.