“paradise in Bali”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #19 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have just stayed in Bali, for two weeks, at the end of our stay at Villas, and even the Bvalgari, we were thrilled with our stay at the W Retreat and Spa in Seminyak Bali.
From the very first moment, we were welcomed and looked after by the incredible Dino (W insider) who made sure every wish was catered for.
The hotel staff and restaurant staff, were unforgettable, and really made my first trip to Bali, one that i will never forget. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants top class service and a luxurious stay while in Bali.
Thanks for everything W!

Room Tip: We stayed in the gorgeous one bedroom Villa, but also had an ocean glimpse suite which the view wasn...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Hello Anthony A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear of your wow experience. I will pass your comments onto Dino, he will be delighted to hear that he made your stay a memorable one.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next W experience.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the minute we arrived, everything was wonderful. From the resort's facade, the lobby, the pool, the beach, the spa, the restaurants and our room. We stayed in their one-bedroom pool villa and it was beyond beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello thehermitisout,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you experienced the wow factor during your stay.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for more indulgent and relaxing times.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The W chain is catered to trendy young individuals in my opinion. I can see why this hotel does not appeal to an older crowd. The hotel itself is awesome, a beautifully designed modern entity in a beachfront location in Bali. Though well designed, I have to agree with a previous reviewer that the design does not pay tribute to the rich cultural surrounding of Bali. It looks like another modern hotel that could easily be mistaken for Mexico, California, or elsewhere.

Service-wise, the staff is extremely professional. This is my favorite part of the W in Seminyak. Having stayed in so many different hotels in Bali, I sometimes find that the local staff is not up-to-par on the service, but the W is not in this category. Everything is efficiently maintained, and anything that you could ask for is dealt in a prompt and professional manner.

The food here is great. I had more BBQ Bloody Marys that I could count. The hotel breakfast was one of the best I had. We ordered wine and cheese to the room on 2 separate occasions and both times, the serving portions and type of cheese served was not consistent.

On Sunday night, there was a huge party at the poolside lounge and music was LOUD. Like, you couldn't even hear yourself speaking if you walked into the lounge. It didn't bother me that much as I was at the villa, but I can see why it would bother people staying in the regular rooms.

My only pet peeve is that the furniture finishing of this place is sort of falling apart. Though well designed, stuff like the multi purpose plug had it's plastic covering falling off, the toilet roll holder would fall onto the ground with a light thug, etc. The hotel also lacks the little extra that pushes it into the 5 star category. Perhaps the exclusivity that you get when staying at places like the St. Regis? I'm not sure.

Room Tip: Stay at the villa
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkfacedbunny
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hello Pinkfacedbunny,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's important to always receive a balanced view point of each guests stay and your feedback is valued. I will revert back to my engineering talent to ensure that the above mentioned issues are dealt with to prevent future issues for guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to W Bali for another Wow experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at the W hotel and wow...every aspect of the stay was exceptional from the delicious breakfasts at the Fire restaurant to the beautiful pool area overlooking the beach to the terrific gym. However, what really blew us away was the service. The staff are magnificent and made us feel like royalty throughout our stay..specifically want to mention Dino as well as the staff at the Fire restaurant such as Made Adi. It has to be the best run hotel I have ever stayed at - no stone has been left unturned. I could not recommend this hotel more highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Michelle H,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you experienced the wow factor. I will pass your kind comments back to Dino and the FIRE talent, they will be happy to hear of the mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more indulgent times at W Bali.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Upon arrival, you were greeted by friendly staff and escorted to the check-in counter and for check-in process was flawless. Greeted personally by Mrs. Yessy (Duty Manager) and it was a quick check-in process with the complete information.
Room is very spacious and well furnished with great sound system BOSE
Breakfast was fabulous and the swimming pool is big enough.
Free wifi in public area and also in the room.
The spa was also fantastic, they open 24 HOURS!!
And it's surrounded by many great restaurants

Could not wait for next trip and stay in W
Definitely will be back!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank balianz88

Hello balianz88,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

It does sound like you found the time to enjoy our restaurants & venues. I will pass your feedback onto our talents, they will be delighted to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing moments in AWAY Spa.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I am a platinum starwoods member and have to say this is an amazing property in every little detail. Very hip and trendy combined with superb, proactive and stellar service by all staff. Very well done!

• Stayed: May 2013

Hello Karaolid,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at W Bali and experienced the W service culture.

We do look forward to welcoming you back for another wow experience.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our high expectations in this 5* resort (or retreat as W Hotels likes to call it) where fully met! Right from our arrival everything has been taken care off by well-trained staff that is at your service at all times, no matter where you are in the resort. We stayed at a pool villa which was a perfect choice as it gives you full privacy away from other hotel guests and the main pool which can be quite busy. But if you prefer to be closer to the beach a hotel room will give you the ultimate views as all rooms face the ocean. However, be aware that there is daily night entertainment with changing DJs at Woobar at the main pool which you might find be a bit disturbing. The entire resort is in a mint condition and offers great cocktails and superb food. The breakfast is sumptuous and caters a great range of Western and Asian selections. The location of the hotel is a bit off the busy areas of Seminyak but nearby you will still find many good restaurants and shops. KuDeTa and La Lucciola, which are a must for all Bali visitors, are very close too. Overall a very stylish, hip and modern hotel that offers all high standards that you would expect from a W Retreat. Fully recommended!

Room Tip: For more privacy chose a pool villa
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hello germanosyd,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. It does sounds like you found the time to enjoy our restauarants and bars.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another wow experience at W Bali.