“Best resort in seminyak, fun, funky and relaxing. Never boring!!”
Review of W Bali - Seminyak

W Bali - Seminyak
Ranked #20 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have been here for a week and it is amazing. The staff are incredible and the pool and facilities are perfect. They have relaxing music and lots of funky touches to make your trip memorable. Food is good and even the standard room is spacious and of a high standard. It's also surprisingly good for kids with the staff keen to help with the kids and regular kids activities. Also the cubby house (drop off play centre for kids) is walking distance.
Only complaints would be shower is not great ( for women with long hair to wash) and there was a bit of an issue with restaurants bookings through concierge but possibly more "Bali" than W.
Overall highly recommend it as a place to come and spend lots of time in the hotel. We used the personal trainer and spa everyday which was so fantastic and convenient which makes for a more relaxing trip.

• Stayed: April 2013
CraigSeaward1, General Manager at W Bali - Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Hello Mellissalis,

Thank you for sharing your constructive feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at W Bali with your family. I do apologise for any mishaps with restaurants booking, I will revert back to my team on this to improve these standards.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for W Bali - Seminyak

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed at the ocean facing room last year on December for our honeymoon. The room is very spacious, modern interior. The gave us honeymoon welcome package which was a DIY cocktail, very thoughtful. The bathroom also huge with 2 sinks for him & for her. With nice branded toiletries. Too bad, some part of the floor marble is already stained. The management should improved the maintenance...

The breakfast at Fire & Wood is the best ever!! You can order anything you want from the menu, unlike typical buffet breakfast, they made it fresh upon order. But expect to wait a little longer for your food to come, especially when the restaurant is crowded. You can choose your own mug, but be careful, maybe for some unpopular mugs is dusty in the inside. Since they've been left there for quite a long time.

They provide free wife everywhere, but can't get the signal inside the room. Must go to the main lobby.

Overall it's an experience to stay in this very hip and modern hotel. Definitely will come back there again....

Room Tip: Ocean facing has the best view!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Vinatania,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your W Bali experience and made use of our restaurants and venues at the resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The experience of staying at the W did not dissapoint, although what did dissapoint was the ocean front room we booked had an obsured view due to the fact that on level 3 there is a fence in front of your balcony !! this is beyond reasoning as the room is very expensive, and if you wish to sit on your balcony you can not really see !! why would anyone want a room ocean front on this floor!! to be fair, when I did enquire about it we were offered a move to a higher floor,but only had 1 night to go so didnt bother.
The service overall was lovley, and the ambience and mood music was very pleasent, the restaurants however were a little cloying as you had maybe 6 different people constantly asking you if you were ok, or if you wanted anything, as much as this was a wonderful gesture, it was a bit annoying, the breakfast whilst very nice, is not worth the money for me with so many great places to eat elsewhere for a fraction of the price, but overall a very nice experience

Room Tip: dont choose an ocean facing room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello judy5757,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room allocation. Do reach out to us on your next stay so we can assure you are happy with the room you are given.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to one night (after a group of friends we had been staying with left Bali). 24 hours in paradise and worth every cent. Will be back for a week next time. Great service, rooms were delightful, pool was perfect. Loved the attentive yet unobtrusive service by the pool...and hey, how did everyone know my name!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Cathrynu,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at W Bali.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more relaxing and indulgent times in Paradise.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Still missing this paradise after I stayed in this resort a year ago

I love all the restaurants in this hotel, all of them have 5 stars services and with wonderful sea view.

The bathroom is huge, especially good for couples.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello TrevorTang,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is everything you would want and expect from a W hotel. It's a fun atmosphere, in a beautiful beach setting, with excellent service and friendly staff.

Stayed 2 nights in the 3 bdrm villa, which is beautiful. The master bathroom is bigger than most people's apartments! The pool was large and the entire villa is beautifully decorated. The beds are 'heavenly', no pun intended.

We had the sunday brunch, which is quite known in Bali, and it truly didn't disappoint. The selection was great, and the quality was amazing. Definitely worth trying!

All in all, it was a fabulous stay at the W. It exceeded all my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Hello lolainlondon,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and stay at W Bali. I am glad that you found the time to enjoy our Brunch and that is didn't disappoint.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more indulgent and relaxing times.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at w hotel w my baby who was 16 month old for 9 days over Xmas/ NYe.
We both had amazing time, and the whole time I was not concern or worried that my baby might get sick w Bali belly. W provided my baby w steriler for bottles, cot, high chair and what ever needs I needed for her. My daughter ate everything there as I did and we both never got the belly. The only drama we had was NYe night w potato head music- bass right through the room. I understood they could do nothing about this. I'm in the entertainment business and bass travels and it was NYe. And I was book in a ocean front - beside potato head
Hotel side. I have book for 3 weeks in April at the w again to get my wow factor experiance back w my now 21 month old daughter . So if you want a bit wow, child friendly place mash up w sophistication this is the place to go. Ohhh the wu wu bar makes amazing cocktails

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Monsoonslg

Hello Monsoonslg,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the festive season with us and even happier that you have chosen to come back.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back this month.